Enjoy Eternal Bliss Review

8.9
 8.7
review (1) 4 comments vote for this album:
Enjoy Eternal Bliss Reviewed by: ideasofmarch, on august 06, 2007

Sound: As an instrumental band, sound is of the utmost importance to Yndi Halda. Not having any lyrical hooks to fall back on leaves the five piece with only their trusty instruments to fulfill your post-rock wants and needs. They deliver that too. Every member of the band stands out as well. From the sorrowful croon of Daniel Neal's violin to James Vella and Jack Lambert's gentle cyclone of guitar melodies, you can tell that everyone of Yndi Halda do their part for the album. // 8

Lyrics: The only form of words used on the album are in samples of speeches and stories. But as the case is with most any instrumental band, lyrics could weigh it down. The instruments speak for themselves at times. Of course in some cases the listener might yearn for lyrics. That's the con of being a instrumental band, I suppose. // 10

Overall Impression: The standout track on Enjoy Eternal Bliss, to me, is Dash And Blast (track one). Not to say that the other tracks lack anything, Dash and Blast was simply the first song I heard of Yndi Halda. Dash and Blast is a beautiful piece of post-rock work. It paints pictures of blue skies and hurricane winds all in the same song. Although, if you aren't in a post-rock mood, this probably isn't the best choice to listen to. Yndi Halda could quickly become boring and pretentious to the mainstream music fan. If someone, God forbid, stole or broke the album, I might get it again. I say might because I would consider buying Yndi Halda's other releases. // 8

Comments