Attack!! Review

9.3
 7.9
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Attack!! Reviewed by: Taterdamillion, on march 11, 2004

Sound: Hee Hee! This is the first Yngwie (pronounced Ing-vey if you don't already know) album, and it has just blown my mind. It's the most amazing, creative, different thing I've ever heard in heavy metal. I love heavy metal and death metal even, but I also like classical and opera a lot; I like Metallica and Amon Amarth, but I also like Beethoven and Phantom of the Opera. I can honestly said I never could have imagined this kind of merger of my favorite musics. Yngwie is without a doubt greatest guitarist I've ever heard. Yes, even better than Jimi. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are typical heavy metal lyrics... typical of the 80s. These are some classic 80s metal lyrics. They make me think of Alice Cooper and Iron Maiden, but with a little mythology and war talk thrown in. On one hand, I think they are really dumb and annoying, and I hate them. On the other hand, I think they are really dumb and annoying, but I kind of just laugh at them. For example: "You must die now! You must die now! Attack!!" On the other hand, assuming I have three hands, I think they are really fun and I like listening to them. What a dilemma. // 8

Overall Impression: I love this album. It's addictive, and songs like Rise Up, Ship of Fools, Attack!!, and Baroque & Roll really push my buttons. The opening solo to Dreaming is amazing, and I am ultimately impressed and amazed by this wonderful album. // 10

More Yngwie Malmsteen reviews rating latest review