Marching Out Review

Genre: Rock
Styles: Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, Guitar Virtuoso, Neo-Classical Metal
 Lyrics: 8.5
Marching Out Reviewed by: Angus Malmsteen, on december 23, 2005

Sound: I absolutely love Yngwie's sound on this record. I bought this CD and I just wore it out to death. This is my favorite CD in my entire collection. Yngwie's tone is just absolutely stunning. The members are Yngwie Malmsteen on guitar, Jeff Scott Soto on vocals, Jens Johansonn on keyboards, Marcel Jacob on bass, and Anders Johansonn on drums. I love the track "Marching Out"; he does these crazy volume swell-type things in the song towards the beginning, I kinda liked that. My impression of the band's sound is just in one word, "untouchable." I have never heard any band that sounds like them on any CD. I am just very impressed with this album. // 9

Lyrics: Nobody comes close to Jeff's voice, I don't care who you are, It's phenominal how he hits all of those crazy high notes like he does on the album. I love the lyrics; it's like they tell a meaningful story to the listener about anguish and fear, and triumph. They just have a special meaning to me. // 9

Overall Impression: To me, this CD does not compare to any other record out there. My favorite songs on the album are: "I Am A Viking," "I'll See The Light Tonight" and "Soldier Without Faith." I especially like "I'll See The Light Tonight." It has just the most mind-blowing solo I've ever heard. If this CD were stolen or lost, you can bet yourself I would buy it again without a doubt. I love everything about the CD from lyrics to solos to structured parts, overall it's just amazing to me. // 10

Marching Out Reviewed by: himesiv, on may 19, 2004

Sound: Malmsteen's second was just as good as his first. The instrumentals are unbelievable. He has definately mastered his scales and modes. I liked the "Marching Out" instrumental track. It starts out with speed, then slows down to an acoustic riff, followed by a long speedy lead, but with a soft touch. // 10

Lyrics: His lyrics are pretty good by me. They are pretty much the metal way. It seemed to me he sang about war the majority. Overall good lyrics. They go good with the music, and it ends up coming out great. Especially in "On the Run Again" // 8

Overall Impression: Overall, it was a fantastic way to follow up a debut solo album like "Rising Force". Got my money. The best songs were "I'll See the Light Tonight", "On the Run Again", "I Am a Viking", and "Marching Out". I love the speed guitar. My CD got scratched up and it cut out four songs. I will definately buy it again when I get the chance. I must say, "Bravo, Yngwie, bravo!" // 10

More Yngwie Malmsteen reviews rating latest review