The Millennium Collection: The Best Of Yngwie Malm Review

yngwie malmsteen: The Millennium Collection: The Best Of Yngwie Malm
Release Date: May 24, 2005
Label: Polydor
Genres: Heavy Metal, Neo-Classical Metal, Guitar Virtuoso
For those looking for an entry point into Malmsteen's serpentine career The Millennium Collection is as solid an anthology as one's likely to encounter.
 7.9
 8.7
 7.1
review (1) 3 comments vote for this album:
The Millennium Collection: The Best Of Yngwie Malm Reviewed by: guitarcaw, on november 17, 2005

Sound: I could not belive my ears when I heard this album! The guitar work on this CD is awesome thanks to one of my favorite guitarist, Yngwie Malmsteen. Before I bought the cd, my guitar teacher brought in his Yngwie book and wanted me to learn some of the acoustic solo for Trilogy Suite Op. 5. We worked on it but I still needed to hear the song. I downloaded the song and, just hearing him for the first time, told myself I would have to buy his CD. The main music style are neo-classical shred and '80s rock. This cd has a great sound to it and is a must-buy for any shred lover. // 10

Lyrics: Most of the songs with lyrics are very cheesey. The lyrics do somewhat go along with the song but the lyrics are ruined with Yngwie's singer's bad '80s hair metal band singing. // 7

Overall Impression: This CD is a compilation of some of Yngwie's best work ever. I have yet to find another neo-classical shredder with the same amount of talent Yngwie has. My favorite songs are Black Star, Far Beyond The Sun, I'll See The Light Tonight, Soldier Without Faith, You Don't Remeber, I'll Never Forget, Liar, and Trilogy Suite Op. 5. The only thing I don't like on this CD are the last few songs that are really annoying. Heaven Tonight is ok but the rest are just annoying. I love Yngwie's amazing skill which is really shown on this CD. If this were stolen, I would definately buy it again with any other Yngwie CD I can afford. Yngwie just flat-out rocks! // 9

More Yngwie Malmsteen reviews rating latest review