Unleash The Fury Review

yngwie malmsteen: Unleash The Fury
Release Date: Jul 26, 2005
Label: Spitfire
Genres: Neo-Classical Metal, Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, Guitar Virtuoso
Unleash The Fury is a welcome return to form from Yngwie with him seemingly readdressed his strengths and weaknesses to deliver the goods.
 8.8
 9.1
 8.5
Unleash The Fury Reviewed by: Flametop001, on december 14, 2005

Sound: This is the first CD I have ever listened to by Yngwie. I was at the music store one day and I decided to pick it up since I've heard about his music before. When I first listened to it I was blown away by the blistering guitar work and neo classical shred passages. The vocals sort of remind me of Iron Maiden and at times Zakk Wylde. If you are into shred I would recommend you give this CD a try. // 10

Lyrics: Some of the lyrics might sound cheesy to some people, but I don't have a problem with them. On a couple of songs Yngwie sings lead. Both the singers are good though and they don't leave your ears hurting. // 8

Overall Impression: This was definately a good buy and well worth the money. I love just about every song on this CD. It has enough solos to keep me satisfied. If I lost it or it were broken I would definately buy it again and probably a few more Yngwie CDs. 18 tracks of Heaven. // 10

Unleash The Fury Reviewed by: hethamulburton, on july 22, 2006

Sound: Well Yngwie returns, and he must be pissed, cause every song owns on this album. This is definitly their heaviest album, no doubt. The 80's sound and shred is still present, but the harder riffing, and double bass drums add a unique side to Yngwie's album. Though the sound quality kinda isn't the greatest, for some reason it sounds like an Indie self-financed album, it's pretty rough, but I guess it adds to the 'heavier' edge. Well, it shows more or less that Yngwie isn't dead yet, he's still around. // 9

Lyrics: I've never been too fond of Yngwie's lyrics, but who can blame me, I don't know many people who really care for anything but Yngwie's playing. But the lyrics really are some of the best I've heard from Yngwie and the singer is amazing as usual, but once again, it's Yngwie, and Yngwie's band. I guess the lyrics just aren't enough to stand with the guitar in this album, but some songs have cool singing parts, like Revolution, probably my fav. song on here. // 7

Overall Impression: Well every solo sounds like Yngwie, it's nothing new, he uses the same notes, same patterns, same most everything, but you know what I still love it! Guitar-wise, every song stands out, he's still a better player than most give him credit for, but I think they are just jealous of the guys serious chops. Lyrically/singing, well lyrics aren't the best ever but are the best Yngwie ones, and the singing is never dull. I just don't like how Yngwie never really changes too much of what he does, but I still love it, so it's all good. // 10

Unleash The Fury Reviewed by: The Lumberjack, on january 04, 2006

Sound: I found yngwie about a year ago when my friend was talking about some kid learning 20 seconds of the most insane guitar work he had ever heard. The kid had been practicing for 2 years. I thought the kid was just useless but I downloaded "Arpeggios From Hell" and its been the best thing I've ever done. I have over 100 of his songs and all of them are masterpeices. This is no exception. The Technicality of his guitarwork simply blows my mind even after I have heard it numberous times. He is truly the best guitarist in the world today. Songs like "Russian Roulette" are stock full of solo work that would confuse even the best guitarists you know. On some songs he plays base solos in the background that flow so well with the singing such as in "Beauty And A Beast" that you really have to look hard to pick out. When you start to hear him go though you will be amazed. // 10

Lyrics: Many people critisize Yngwie for his lyrics calling them cheap and cheesy. To a point they are right on some of his earlier works. He has been working on his lyrics it appears because he has made a solid improvement. Cheroke Warrior seems to have some good thought into it and Russian Roulette also seems to stand out. Unleash the Fury was more about guitar work but had some interesting lyrics too. Probably my favoirte lyrics are from the first song Locked and Loaded. "Youv'e got a head full of lead, thats what I said. Youv'e got a head full of lead and now your dead." sung to a great beat and melody simply gets you into his song and the enjoyment skyrockets. // 9

Overall Impression: His best album will most likely always be "Oddesy" but this one comes very close. Some of the guitar work is scary to listen to at times because your thinking "He must have strained some hand muscles doing this." Overall I think that this is a great CD and the perfect addition to any Malmsteen fan. Good for first time listners too. // 10

Unleash The Fury Reviewed by: guitarcaw, on january 25, 2006

Sound: Even in his 40, Yngwie proves he can still shred on guitar. His playing is simply unbeliveable on this album and he seems to try to stay away from his usual Em scale and put all of his heart and soul into his solos. You can tell how much effort and dedication was put into this CD and is a new dose of shred for the hardcore Yngwie fans. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics on this cd are very well written and really express a certain message throught the song. The lyrics are almost like another melody intertwining in the constant flow of the song. Yngwie doesn't have amazing talet with his singing skills but for the songs he does sing (Cracking The Whip and Cherokee Warrior) he sounds really good. His main singer, who sings just like they did in the '80s, can at times sound extreemely cheesy but its bearable. A great effort to boost up the talent in his lyrics by Malmsteen. // 9

Overall Impression: This may not be his best album but some of the songs like Cracking The Whip and Revolution are guaranteed to be instant classics. My favorite songs on the CD are Paraphrase, Fuguetta, Cracing The Whip, Unleash The Fury, Magic And Mayhem, Revalation (Drinking With The Devil), Let The Good Times Roll and Revolution. I was a bit disappointed when I found out there were only three instrumentals on the CD, and two of them were under 2 minutes long. Even though short, they make up in catchiness. If my copy of Unleash The Fury was stolen I know for sure that I would Unleash The Fury! // 10

Unleash The Fury Reviewed by: TotalyHAB, on july 25, 2006

Sound: I love Malmsteen his guitar skills are quite spectacular, this was my first Malmsteen CD so didn't really know if it would sound good or not, but they're band works well together. The booklet in the CD shows some history of Malmsteen and the lyrics in his songs. // 9

Lyrics: A lot of people don't like the lyrics in Malmsteen songs and though I will admit they are kind of cheesy in a way, I think the way he sings them sounds beautiful with his music. Besides the fact that the drummer, bass player, and guitarist are absolutely amazing the singing is ok, I don't think any of them could be said as grate singers but they are defiantly alright, and they're music makes up for the ok singing. // 7

Overall Impression: If you love guitar you would miss out by not getting this CD, the music on this CD can easily hold up to any of my other 100 CDs easily. All of the songs have amazing guitar solos in them but if I had to pick the most impressive of all of them I would say it would be Magic and Mayhem, and Russian roulette. I love the music in this CD the only thing I can say I dislike is that the singing isn't the best. If you love guitar you need to get this CD! // 9

More Yngwie Malmsteen reviews rating latest review