All Roads To Fault [EP] Review

yourcodenameis milo: All Roads To Fault [EP]
Release Date: Oct 26, 2004
Label: Fiction/Polydor
Genres: Rock
The debut EP from the newest up and coming UK sensation is a seven-song mini album containing two enhanced videos.
 8.5
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
All Roads To Fault [EP] Reviewed by: AngryGoldfish, on february 04, 2008

Sound: This band is so damn interesting that it yearns and even almost begs for you to listen to it over and over again. Although it can be difficult to actually do that, just like bands like The Fall OF Troy, As I Lay Dying and Nine inch Nails can be, listening hard to this short but sweet record can be very rewarding. The drums you may notice are amazing, he is an insprational drummer with super quick feet and commanding Tom roles. There are oceans of techniques used on this record. Quick changes of Tempo, dirty to clean guitar parts in seconds, huge open sounds to closed in soft glass guitar effects, screamo evil singing to blissful echoing of lovely vocals, rise and fall in speeds, stops and starts and odd timings. This band is extremely diverse! // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics are particularly weird but for an EP that can be understandable and easily forgivable as they are impressive lyrics nonetheless. The lyrics flow in a very similar way to Biffy Clyro so if you are a fan, you will be well at home with this band. The singer is not the best on the planet but he compliments the songs weirdness and odd structures perfectly. In my eyes I would rather a singer that fits a band as intricately as this rather than placing a hired voice who can hit every note from the top of this head, but still belongs elsewhere. // 7

Overall Impression: This record is very much like Biffy Clyro's first record Blackened Sky and compares well against it. Iron Chef is probably the best. Close behind would be First Master Responds. There are only 7 songs on this EP so there is not much to choose from but it is still a varied and epic album. I love the obscure and original titles for the songs, they really are inventive in a super cool way! The bands diversity is a huge bonus and therefore pits them into the Underground scene as they are often combersome to listen to due to their emmense sounds. There is nothing I hate about albums in general. In fact there are only about five albums I own that I hate. There are bands I don't enjoy listening to, Megadeath, U2, Son Of Dork, The Hives but I have learned to respect them for what they can do and how many people do love them. This is one of those bands that will take patience and time to become used to and enjoy through and through! But the reward is truly enormous. // 8

More Yourcodenameis Milo reviews rating latest review