Book Of Shadows Review

9.3
 8.8
review (1) 5 comments vote for this album:
Book Of Shadows Reviewed by: Brotherbrodude, on june 07, 2012

Sound: Zakk Wylde's sound BEFORE he had BLS, was more like a country rock sound, and it showed that depressive, emotional side of Zakk that we all know and love. His voice mixes with the acoustic guitar almost perfectly. Unlike the other albums Zakk has been on, he doesn't really use any pinch harmonics. Almost the whole album is acoustic. Definitely my favorite album with Zakk Wylde. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics, like most of his acoustic songs, were very depressing, yet very powerful and emotional. Songs like "Way Beyond Empty" and "The Things You Do", show the more depressing side, yet still very powerful. The lyrics fit the feel of the music itself perfectly. When I first listened to the album I could feel all of the emotion he put into the music and the lyrics. His skills as a singer on the album are incredible, not distorted like when he sings for BLS, his vocals are clean. // 10

Overall Impression: Compared to his other albums with Ozzy and with BLS, this album is still pretty good. It has the feel of BLS songs like "Spoke In The Wheel". The most impressive songs from the album are really "Sold My Soul", "Way Beyond Empty", "The Things You Do", and "Dead As Yesterday". I love everything about this album except for Zakk didn't keep the whole album acoustic. The only thing I hate is that "1,000,000 Miles Away" isn't acoustic. I would definitely spend my money to buy this album again if I had lost it. Overall, an amazing album, especially for acoustic lovers and Zakk Wylde fans. // 9

Comments