Let There Be Rock Review

artist: ac dc date: 04/01/2006 category: dvd
ac dc: Let There Be Rock
Release Date: 1991
Released in theaters around the time when AC/DC's popularity was beginning to decrease, Let There Be Rock is a video documentary taken from AC/DC's 1980 Highway To Hell tour with Bon Scott.
 Content: 9.5
 Production Quality: 7
 9.3
 8.8
 9.7
reviews (2) 5 comments vote for this dvd:
Let There Be Rock Reviewed by: mint_car, on march 01, 2006

Sound: "Let There Be Rock" is a live DVD from AC/DC's first period (Bon Scott vocal). The DVD is with energetic live performance from Angus Young. The last performance with Bon Scott is also including. I must admit that the sound on this DVD is not the best, but for people who love AC/DC it is an unique collection. // 8

Content: "Let There Be Rock" is an live/best of DVD, becouse its a collection of the best live shows with Bon Scott as a singer. There are a lot of songs that comes again and again just from different places, that is songs like "Highway To Hell" and "Rocker." This DVD doesn't include any extra stuff, but when I only paid about 9$ for it new it don't expect that. // 9

Production Quality: It's without doubt not the quality that have been the thing they have focused on, it is ruining the experience, but for real AC/DC fans it doesn't care. // 6

Overall Impression: It could be compared to any other live collection DVD, but right I can't remember any right now. My favorite song on this DVD is without doubt "Fling Thing/Rocker" the special thing about this song is that they have football clothes on, why I don't know, but I think the Scottish national team have won a game or something, its starts with the little compotion "Fling Thing" by Angus Young, I think it's kinda the Scottish national melody. After that they start to play one of the traditional songs "Rocker" just with a long solo added and a fantastic energetic live performance. As always Angus and Bon is jumping around like crazy and I love it. // 9

Let There Be Rock Reviewed by: Angus Van Halen, on april 01, 2006

Sound: Of course AC/DC is most well known for their classic hard rock sound. The band's sound is a kind of crisp and clean distortion. Thanks to Gibson and Marshall for giving Angus Young (lead guitarist) an amazing tone. In my opinion Brian Johnson (current Lead singer), who took Bon Scott's ('74-'80 lead singer) place, is a better fit for the band's rough sound. But both lead singers deliver exceptional performances. These are the best recordings of AC/DC's best songs. // 10

Content: This DVD features the best of AC/DC. Need I say more? It's interesting to see the evolution from the album "74 Jailbreak" to "Stiff Upper Lip." As far as the songs included in the Family Jewels collection, I am definitely satisfied. 40 songs are included in this DVD. And each of them are awesome, thanks to the spectacular showmanship of Angus for making it so entertaining. The only bonus feature is a display of all the AC/DC recordings, and it does not feature the commentary with it that the Live At Donnington DVD featured. It's still not enough to take away from the amazing content featured in the main presentation of AC/DC's Family Jewels collection. Beacause of the massive music collection, I give the content a 10. // 10

Production Quality: The production quality of this collection is pretty good, the newer the videos the better. The first few are lacking a little. The only one that stood out as not being that great of quality, was "Show Buisness." The sound was simply not up to par on that song. But overall the production quality is pretty good. The things that make it special was dumping millions of "Angus Bucks" into the crowd, the awesome camera angles in Thunderstruck, and the digitally reamastered sound. Those are the things that make it special, and not your adverage band's DVD. But then again AC/DC isn't your adverage band. // 8

Overall Impression: I proclaim this the best AC/DC DVD availible. And that means alot, because I own them all. I simply love this Collection. And it is an instant classic in my mind. The 40 recordings are all great, and I can't even begin to choose which one I like best. I recomend this DVD to all who like ac/dc, or just some good old classic rock. This DVD doesn't fail deliver the goods. If it were stolen from me I would definitely buy it again. Overall I beleive this DVD deserves a 10 out of 10. // 10

More Ac Dc reviews rating latest review