You Gotta Move Review

artist: aerosmith date: 10/11/2010 category: dvd
aerosmith: You Gotta Move
Released: November 23, 2004
If you're a longtime Aerosmith fan you'll probably be amazed that these guys seem to be at the top of their game.
 Content: 9.2
 Production Quality: 7.8
 8.9
reviews (5) 7 comments vote for this dvd:
You Gotta Move Reviewed by: chaz140292, on june 06, 2007

Sound: This is the best live DVD I have and it is mainly because Aerosmith sound better live than on the albums. Joe Perry's guitar solo's are amazing live and in some of the songs he improvises the solo's which is what you should expect from a sort of blues band. It was filmed in 2004 so the sound is as you would expect from them. // 9

Content: The DVD itself basically includes the show but inbetween each song it has clips of the band preparing for the show, on the tour bus, meeting with fans, how they produced certain songs + where, how the stage gets made etc. Included with the DVD are a few live performances from that show which are not included in the original broadcast, without the clips inbetween songs and these are: Fever, Rats In The Cellar, Livin' On The Edge, Last Child, Same Old Song And Dance. There is also a bonus disc which is a CD and this has 6 live songs from that concert and these are: Toys In The Attic, Love In An Elevator, Rats In The Cellar, Road Runner, The Other Side and Back In The Saddle. // 9

Production Quality: The production quality of the DVD in my opinion was good because as I said earlier it gave clips inbetween songs. This to me was a great thing because it shows what goes on before the concert and how the build up was made etc. on the other hand I also think some people may find it quite annoying because it interrupts the great music and live performances but I personally thought it made the show better! // 8

Overall Impression: I thought this was a terrific DVD and by being the only live Aerosmith DVD it is their best, and their worst. But this DVD is definitely worth the money that I paid for it and I have pretty much no bad comments about it:D. Aerosmith are great live and this definitely shows it and this DVD was filmed from there 2004 tour so I can't imagine how mazing they would have been live in the '80s/'90s! If your thinkin of buyin this I would seriously suggest to because I didn't pay a lot for it but you get a hell of a concert! // 9

You Gotta Move Reviewed by: TUMFP, on november 29, 2004

Sound: Aerosmith pure american rock and roll, and that is exactly what they give you in this DVD. Screaming guitars, and Steven Tyler's voice is so amazing it explains itself. The whole band gets involved and keeps you pumped. // 10

Content: In this you buy and Aerosmith delivers. This live concert from their latest tour, Honkin', was exactly what I was looking for. The set played some classics and mixed in the new material for an all out rock-fest. Bonus features includes a bonus performance, The Making Of "Honkin'" and studio session materials. It also came with a "most excellent" 7-track live bonus audio cd. // 10

Production Quality: The DVD surely get me out of my seat, raw enterainment here. I also loved how they showed sessions from the recordings. Not too many, video tricks on it though. // 6

Overall Impression: I enjoyed this DVD much more than others I have in my collection, to say the least. I love the guitar work the most on this DVD, me being a guitar player. (What a surprise). I'm not too big on them cutting in on some parts and not showing the fills but, eh, what can you do, right. If this DVD were stolen, I either hunt down the thief or head back to Borders to pick up another copy of "Aerosmith - You Gotta Move" I enjoyed this DVD tons! // 10

You Gotta Move Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 02, 2005

Sound: The sound was amazing. They played so well off of each other. The suttleties of some of the songs and how it just starts so intense and and then by the end of the song it so loud and with out even realizing it your like going cazy and, no punt intended, you gotta move. // 10

Content: Amazing. I loved every song on there. I loved that they had "Never Loved A Girl" on there, it's so rare to hear Joe Perry on lead vocal in the band. "Back In The Saddle" drove me insane. "Dream On" is my favorite. Just all my favorite songs, from my favorite bands with behind the seens footage. Awesome. // 10

Production Quality: I love how they took the way the band played so well off of each other and used that and played off of that. They did so many tricks that made it amazing. I do wish that there were less shots of the same people in the crowd through. Less shots of the crowd. // 8

Overall Impression: If I had to sum it up in one word, it would be the one word to sum up the band intoxicating. I love everything about with DVD, just like I love everything about Aerosmith. // 10

You Gotta Move Reviewed by: mbasketcballb, on august 24, 2007

Sound: Aerosmith has performed numerous amounts of concerts on DVD before, but out of all of them, You Gotta Move is the best one. Aerosmith still has their 1976 Rock's sound, while also having their newer sound, as in Get a Grip. This tour was to promote their album Honkin' on Bobo, a blues record. They have always been blues-rooted, but the concert surely is blues-rock. Since the album was blues, they showed the same music and same style, which is cool. But while having to promote their album, they also did fan favorites like "Back in the Saddle," "Dream On," "Walk this Way," and more. This is a great DVD of them really being their best, and to show after 30 years, Aerosmith is not willing to retire. // 9

Content: This has the show/concert itself, but also has a Behind the Scenes of their new album Honkin' on Bobo. It also has 6 other songs that weren't in the real DVD and has 6 songs for audio on a PC. It was a live concert. The setlist was very varied. It varied to their old stuff, new stuff, and the now "bluesy" stuff. It was all good. Except some of the songs I did not like. It was good, though. This DVD doesnt't feature games, but it has videos and hidden tracks, as I said above. // 8

Production Quality: The production quality was good. The album cover and back are cool, because the front is a totally different concert, and so is the back. It also looks cool, the whole DVD package itself. The technology they used were basically a ton of videocameras around the stage to capture the band's every moment, and to make sure they had it on video. There also was a ton of editing, and they also had another CD for the audio tracks on PC. It was trendy because everyone does it for Concert DVDs. // 9

Overall Impression: This DVD and band (Aerosmith) doesn't really compare to other artists, except for like Van Halen, Bon Jovi, Police, and etc. They only compare because of how old all these bands are. The most impressive thing I've seen in this DVD would have to be Joe Perry's (Aerosmith Guitarist) slide guitar solo in Draw the Line. The whole song was amazing. I also like Baby Please Don't Go, a cover they did that is on this DVD. I love this band, and I love that they performed so well on it. I don't like though that some of my favorite Aerosmith songs weren't on the set list. This includes Seasons of Wither, Amazing, Hangman Jury, Permanent Vacation, Just Push Play, Avant Garden, etc. I was bummed about that. If it was stolen or lost, I probably wouldn't get another one. It's good but I don't think it's good enough to buy another one. // 8

You Gotta Move Reviewed by: aerorocker101, on october 11, 2010

Sound: Since this came out in, what, 2004, the sound is out of this world! Aerosmith is one of the best live bands in the entire universe! There are extras included with the DVD which I always love to watch. The guitars are always turned up to the max so you can hear everything that's going on. If you listen close enough, you can hear the bass REALLY well or the drums REALLY well! // 10

Content: Since this has come out as a CD too I'm gonna just talk about the DVD. On the bonus disk, it comes with, like, a 1 hr 45 minute (about) making of Aerosmith's blues album "Honkin' On Bobo". I say that this is great and you can always find something new every time you watch it. I think that this DVD is great for people who want to get to know Aerosmith better. It's got classics, oldies but goldies, and a lot of new stuff on it from "Honkin' on Bobo". What goes along with the Bonus stuff, is 5 songs that were reproducedand you can hear on a normal CD player. // 9

Production Quality: I'm not really great at figuring out the production quality, but you can tell the difference from the bonus live material and the stuff that goes along with the normal tracks. I'd say that that's great production quality! Since this is pretty recent, I would say that the technology used in this would really be worth using with practically anything! And yes, they are trendy! // 8

Overall Impression: Overall, I'd say that this being Aerosmith's only legal live DVD, it's great! Compared to other artists, this is beyond their bounderies! Nothing much to say other than Aerosmith can kick ass live! If this got lost or stolen, I would really cry because no matter how many times I've seen this, I always get a kick out of seeing them goof around in the studio and backstage! At one point, Joey actually meets a kid with a type of cancer, and the band treats him like a god! // 10

Comments