My World Review

artist: avril lavigne date: 12/02/2004 category: dvd
avril lavigne: My World
Released: November 4, 2003
Combine that with the loud, crunching guitars, the anthemic, driving choruses of Lavigne's songs, and tons of bonus features (including a six-song, audio-only CD), and you've got more than enough to keep the kids satisfied.
 Content: 10
 Production Quality: 8
 9.7
 9.5
 9.9
review (1) user comments vote for this dvd:
My World Reviewed by: unregistered, on december 02, 2004

Sound: The sound was great. It was clear and crisp. What I noticed in some other live concert DVD's were that the crowd overpowered the sound of the band and it was hard to try to figure out what the band was playing. It wasn't the case with this DVD. Despite the mess up of one of the fans during Complicated, the sound was great. // 10

Content: The DVD has the live concert that Avril played in the Buffalo, NY area during her Try To Shut Me Up Tour. It also has a feature Avril's cut, which is a behind-the-scene's look at the band on and off the road. There's footage from shows that she did in other area's and a look at what happens behind the curtains of the stage. There are a few music videos on the DVD as well but they are the one's that have been played on the music channels a lot. The DVD has still shots of Av and her band too. Plus outtakes of the funny moments on the road. If you buy the DVD, a bonus CD is given to you. The CD has 6 songs (I think) and most of them are the ones that she did in her live concerts. The CD features Fuel by Metallica, Av's version of Basketcase by Greenday, and her own written songs. I am completely satisfied. // 10

Production Quality: The production was good. They did a whole lot of still frame effects but nothing too spectacular. It was weird because at first I thought something was wrong with my DVD player because I thought it kept freezing. The effect created a way to capture the excitement of the crowd and energy of Av and her band. // 8

Overall Impression: Avril sang the songs off of Losing Grip and the song she did for the Peace Songs CD. As always they showed alot of energy and really amped up the crowd. I loved how they mixed up the songs and did it their own way. If I lost this then I'd probably buy it again even though I'm not really a die-hard Avril fan, I enjoyed the show. I thought that the feature Avril's Cut as it takes a look at the band's journeys all over the country. // 10

More Avril Lavigne reviews rating latest review