Greatest Hits Review

8.5
 7.6
reviews (3) 67 comments vote for this dvd:
Greatest Hits Reviewed by: ST. DIZZY!, on march 14, 2006

Sound: Obviously the songs on this album are good because its a greatest hits DVD so this DVD is brilliant. Blink have changed a lot since they started and it is really clear as you can see from the funny videos to more serious videos. Their early videos I think are hilarious, they rip off all pop songs, but later ones get messages through to the public, they sing about divorce and how it destroys kids. So the videos are very good on this DVD! // 10

Content: All this DVD has is their best videos so it's not a lot but it is still entertaining. The list of songs is from the their second album Dude Ranch and video Dammit but then moves on to their multi-platinum selling album Enema Of The State then to Take Off Your Pants And Jacket then the last album Blink 182 (self-entitled) with the last video Always. I am very satisfied with this DVD it was great to watch and would make a killer present. The only thing I can really critisize is that the videos are the only thing on the DVD. // 8

Production Quality: The videos were definitly shot well, the picture is very clean and effects have been used to make it look much more cool. Most of their videos are shot in more than one place and pictures are shown in some videos (Adam's Song). Effects are used to make the videos go with the music which is used alot and is very trendy. All in all the videos have been done to perfection. // 10

Overall Impression: Blink may not be the best band in the world but they still really rock. The best thing about this DVD is the fact that these videos are awsome and are loved by the public. I love Blink 182 and all their videos and honestly their is nothing I don't like on this DVD. I would definetly buy it again if I lost it or maybe I would buy another Blink 182 CD. Tom (guitarist) is starting a new band, Angels And Airwaves, which I think is gonna rock as hard as Blink did. // 10

Greatest Hits Reviewed by: orgasmickey, on december 03, 2007

Sound: If it were 5-10 years ago, this would be right up my alley. Although popular and fun, the band were hardly innovative and there's nothing much to see here besides what you've probably already seen on MTV. The sound quality itself is basically CD quality or perhaps slightly better at 48kHz 16bits 2channels. Which is fair enough. // 7

Content: The disc contains thirteen of the music videos which coincided with the release of their singles. This is a standard 'Best Of' collection, which was distributed in a similar package to the CD-Audio version. The videos are goofy and stupid, but it's always fun to watch Travis Barker play drums. The tracks are presented in order of release, so you basically see some 'old' stuff, and then some 'new' stuff. I would say that there is a severe lack of content on this DVD compared with videos of other bands and indeed other DVD releases by Blink 182. eight of the thirteen videos can be seen on other DVD releases by Blink-182 on the Urethra Chronicles series, which also featured loads of bonus content as well as interviews and behind the scenes footage. The videos for "M&M's", "Not Now" and "Another Girl, Another Planet" are also not included on the video. // 5

Production Quality: I have to say that a few years ago I thought these videos were of the highest quality, and I guess that hasn't really changed. They're presented the best way they can be on a DVD and that's mostly top notch. Some of the videos are noticeably grainy (at least on my pc) but will probably go unnoticed on a standard Television. // 8

Overall Impression: While it is nice to have some high quality Blink 182 music videos on my shelf, I probably would not buy this DVD again if it were lost. I have in my collection the previously mentioned Urethra Chronicles 1 and 2 which features many of the same videos except those from the Self Titled era. I'd recommend tracking down the Urethra Chronicles if you want some real content, as this set lasts a mere 40 minutes with no bonus features. I was pretty unimpressed with this DVD, as I am with most 'Greatest Hits' style releases. They seam to me like quick and easy contract breakers designed to make some cash and I guess I fell for it. You should only buy this if you find it for really cheap and you want to complete a collection, or you want the four videos from 2003's self titled album. // 5

Greatest Hits Reviewed by: TSOMHSP, on may 01, 2008

Sound: The music on the DVD is all taken from the blink-182 Greatest Hits cd, so the sound is great, and the music is... great. All the videos are well directed and well put together, that it almost looks like they are playing them live. The earlier videos are almost like movies themselves, keeping you entertained by telling a story, that helps the people that aren't smart interpreters understand the songs. These are music videos so the songs are edited... sorry... no swearing. // 10

Content: This DVD is a best of collection, including every music video... except for two. Okay three if you count the alternate version of Stay Together for the Kids and that's the one I remember seeing on MTV when that song was a single. Okay four if you count Anthem Pt. 2 (live in Chicago) which might've been released as a single, but was not on the greatest hits cd. I was very satisfied of the content, although there are no special features. // 9

Production Quality: Like I said before, these videos are very well put together. Almost looking like they are playing the songs live. They also have shot most of the videos to look like your watching a video of what's happening in the song. Yes, I know, you're saying "most videos are shot like that", but these ones are not like most videos, these videos have Blink-humor (dirty jokes). // 10

Overall Impression: This DVD is great. There is nothing SUPER special about this DVD, but it's still a great buy. All the videos are very-well put together, and this DVD includes all of my favorite Blink songs. The down side, it is missing "M&M's" and "Not Now", which are singles and had official videos made for the songs, also, there should've been at least some type of biography or clips of them playing a show, kinda making it like the Urethra Chronicals. If I lost this, I would defiantly buy it again. I gotta have my blink! // 10

More Blink 182 reviews rating latest review