Live In LA (Death And Raw) Review

artist: death date: 04/10/2006 category: dvd
death: Live In LA (Death And Raw)
Release Date: 2001
 Content: 9
 Production Quality: 7
 8.9
 8.3
 9.5
review (1) user comments vote for this dvd:
Live In LA (Death And Raw) Reviewed by: Sn^ke, on april 10, 2006

Sound: The sound and tonal quality of the actual band is top notch. I'm dumbfounded as to how Chuck gets such sound quality out of BC Rich guitars and Marshall amps. Nevertheless I'm going to give this DVD an 8 for sound, only because of the DVD quality itself. // 8

Content: The only thing on the DVD is the concert. A bit dissapointing, but the kickass setlist makes up for. Really, all the best Death songs are there! I couldn't believe my eyes when I heard there was a Death DVD with all these songs. 01. Intro / The Philosopher 02. Spirit Crusher 03. Trapped In A Corner 04. Scavenger Of Human Sorrow 05. Crystal Mountain 06. Flesh And The Power It Holds 07. Zero Tolerance 08. Zombie Ritual 09. Suicide Machine 10. Together As One 11. Empty Words 12. Symbolic 13. Pull The Plug A 9 because there aren't any special features. // 9

Production Quality: I wasn't impressed with the production quality of this DVD. Just becaue of the sound and picture. But that's alright, I love the band so much I can overlook it. // 7

Overall Impression: For such a band I'm surprised at the quality of this DVD. It would be excuseable earlier in their career, but this was right at the end. However, a few minutes into it and you've forgeten all about those things. The performance of the band is so impressive that the purchase of this product is justified. If it were lost or stolen I'd burn my ripped copy. When I bought it I payed for the right to own it as well, not just the plastic. // 9

Comments