Unplugged Review

artist: eric clapton date: 01/10/2005 category: dvd
eric clapton: Unplugged
Released: May 20, 1997
This laid-back, live, intimate session featuring Eric Clapton's bluesy guitar playing is quite enjoyable if a bit limited in scope. This video is primarily for Clapton's most ardent fans, providing some heartfelt, soulful instrumental prowess in addition to an aging British rocker singing the blues as well as a white guy can.
 Content: 10
 8.5
review (1) user comments vote for this dvd:
Unplugged Reviewed by: CkY freak, on january 10, 2005

Sound: Well this is one of my favorite Clapton DVDs. Eric Clapton plays all sorts of songs on this DVD, some of his and covers of other people. Most of the songs are blues type songs but there are some rockish songs like Layla, and some slow ones like Tears In Heaven and Lonley Stranger and Running On Faith. // 10

Content: This DVD is amazing, it has Eric with his touring band who includes Andy Fairweather Low, and Nathan East. I think this are some of Eric's best recordings ever, I don't dislike one song on the whole DVD, it's one of my favorite CD's by him too. Here are the songs he plays: 01. Signe 02. Before You Accuse Me 03. Hey Hey 04. Tears In Heaven 05. Lonely Stranger 06. No One Knows When You Are Down And Out 07. Layla 08. Running On Faith 09. Walking Blues 10. Alberta 11. San Francisco Bay Blues 12. Malted Milk 13. Old Love 14. Rollin And Tumblin'. // 10

Overall Impression: I have "One More Car, One More Rider" and "Sessions For Robert J" on DVD by Eric Clapton. This is probably my favorite one that I own of his. I think that these are some of the best songs Eric has performed. I love watching him play and stuff. If it were stolen I would go buy it again. I highly reccomend this DVD for Clapton fans. // 10

More Eric Clapton reviews rating latest review