Bullet In A Bible Review

artist: green day date: 11/04/2011 category: dvd
green day: Bullet In A Bible
Release Date: November 15, 2005
The material is drawn from the band's June performances at the UK's Milton Keynes National Bowl, during which it played to its largest-ever crowds in the country. The DVD is rounded out by band interviews and backstage footage.
 Content: 9
 Production Quality: 9.1
 8.6
 9.2
 7.9
reviews (29) 75 comments vote for this dvd:
Bullet In A Bible Reviewed by: punkrocker91, on november 14, 2005

Sound: Green Day is one of the best live bands of all time in my opinion I've seen them live and it is almost exactly as I remeber. These guys are great live preformers, even though you can tell a slight difference in the way Billie Joe sounds it still is a great and moving, with the driving vocals, guitars, and all the other instruments incorporated in there music. // 6

Content: Incerdible is all I can say, not only the picture quality and sound, the perfromance itself is stunning. Also for it being a live DVD it has got a lot of publicity than most live DVD. The songs are in this order: 01. American Idiot 02. Jesus Of Suburbia 03. Holiday 04. Are We The Waiting 05. St. Jimmy 06. Longview 07. Hitchin' A Ride 08. Brain Stew 09. Basket Case 10. King For A Day/Shout 11. Wake Me Up When September Ends 12. Minority 13. Boulevard Of Broken Dreams 14. Good Riddance (time Of Your Life) The unfortunetly is only a small selection of the best. But I was still satisfied. The DVD is a two disc set with on the DVD the performance, interviews and backstage footage etc. while the CD is the concert. // 7

Production Quality: Simply great quality. The camera angles and quality are near perfection very trendy. // 4

Overall Impression: I'm a die-hard Green Day fan and this DVD is like a gift from above to me, the most impressive thing is all of it. I love the DVD and it's great. I don't quite hate anything I would prefer it to show more concerts where they play different songs. And if someone where to steal it "I'd kill them" or if it was lost I'd definetly buy a new one. // 5

Bullet In A Bible Reviewed by: evvo_gc_fan, on november 15, 2005

Sound: The sound quality on this DVD is fantastic. I was at the concert myself on June 18th 2005, and it sounds as good now as it did then. Green Day have consistently had a good live sound, and this is no exception. You can hear all of the instruments clearly, and all of the vocals sound excellent. No worries here. However, the CD of the gig sounds a bit rushed and forced and generally a bit sloppy. The way Jesus Of Suburbia goes straight into Holiday, with Billie Joe screaming "Holiday" doesn't sound great. // 10

Content: This is where I'm a bit annoyed. The content is live footage from Green Day at Milton Keynes Bowl on the 18th/19th June 2005. It should be noted that all of the live band footage is taken from the Sunday 19th June concert, and not Saturday. The set list is 14 songs, on both the CD and DVD (15 technically, as King For A Day/Shout is double). The live gig had 19 songs. Songs left out include She, Maria, Homecoming, We Are The Champions and Knowledge, which is a let down, as these are great live tracks. Something else which annoys me is the fact that after every song, there is some sort of 2 minute interview or profile or montage. The interviews are interesting and enjoyable to listen to, but if you just want the music, it can drag. There is no option to just watch the gig straight through sadly. There is a bonus feature of some still photos, set to an instrumental of Boulevard Of Broken Dreams, which is a nice touch. // 7

Production Quality: There are a multitude of different camera angles. They give great views of the band, crowd and stage area. No complaints. // 9

Overall Impression: This is a very good DVD from one of the biggest bands on the planet, who put on a sensational live show. The best feature is the performance of the band, which is fantastic. The interviews are very interesting and revealing, but can drag and should have an option to be viewed seperately. The concert makes very good viewing, as it is Green Day at their live best, but the CD drags a bit and is not amazing. I probably wouldn't buy it again if lost or stolen. It's worth the 10 I paid for it, but not worth that again. Recommended for the Green Day fan, and even the casual listener. It's not groundbreaking, but it's damn good. // 8

Bullet In A Bible Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 17, 2005

Sound: Perfect! What more do you want, it's Green Day, it's live, it's Billie, Mike, Tre and that cool dude who is always there Jason (I knew really). Billie's vocals are amazing, Tre's drums have to be the best in punk. And Mike, well didn't he even officially become the best bassist in punk. What more do you need! I would give it a 12 but I can't so a 10 will have to do. // 10

Content: Green Day, live, Green Day, chilling, Green Day, working, Green Day, interviewed, Green Day, as the legends they are, Green Day, researching, Green Day, playing there stuff backstage, Green Day, giving advice, basically, Green Day and 65,000 to 130,000 crazy people who love that band one of them is me, but I never get filmed. Only thing that I didn't like which took this from a 12 down to only a 10, was that between songs it goes into breaks but then I realised that it works so well! // 10

Production Quality: Perfect sound, perfect people, perfect lay out, perfect. I found the visit to the war museum really really amazing Billie Joe hit home when he say "It's like looking at someone elses nightmare..." The way in goes from black to white to oldie style, basically typical Samuel Bayer. But it works. // 10

Overall Impression: Lush! Beautiful! Amazing! Everything you would imagine and more, then abit more on top of that, then stuff with a few photos and a whole album on another CD! All for only 12.99, I wasn't complaining. So yeah one to own. If you were there, if you wanted to be (well maybe not, you might break down in tears at what you missed), don't borrow it, steal it, or burn it, if you do you are scum, this album has to be brought and only brought! And then treasured and one copie put in a time capsule so the future generation can enjoy it as well. // 10

Bullet In A Bible Reviewed by: matth05, on november 15, 2005

Sound: The sound is amazing, just as I expected really, the same as it was when I saw it live. Green Day are one of the best bands of all time live, and that reflects in this DVD of Milton Keynes. // 10

Content: The DVD contains footage of the Milton Keynes National Bowl gig (which I attended) and interviews with the band based on the two day performance in front of 65,000 people (per day). A disappointment is that they only have the main concert and interviews and photo gallery, I expected alot more special features from the DVD, although the length of the film makes up for it. // 8

Production Quality: Extremely well put together, this was done my Sam Bayer. During the film it switches between colour and black and white. I think the zooming and the way he has caught the concert on camera is incredible and I've never seen a concert recorded this well before. On the actual DVD it shows Sam Bayer and the effort he put in to shoot it accurately. // 10

Overall Impression: I have seen many videos of bands live and this is by far the best. I have seen many videos of Green Day live and again this is by far the best. I was most impressed with the way it is filmed and the way they have mixed it together with interviews. I love the fact that they caught Green Day's best ever concert on DVD and made it perfect, I hate the fact that I can't see myself at the front and the lack of special features. // 10

Bullet In A Bible Reviewed by: RockstarAdam, on november 04, 2011

Sound: The band's sound was great overall and much better than I expected when I bought the album. They didn't disappoint. Although I wish that Billie Joe Armstrong wouldn't have let the audience sing as often as they did; it kinda ruins the song for me when they do that. // 8

Content: The DVD features the entire live performance (except maybe a few breaks in between song that they might've had). It is a live concert DVD in London, England in 2005. They played all of their worthwhile songs so I'm happy with it overall. The DVD also has some behind-the-scenes clips of the band (shown in black and white) and in the main menu there is a photo gallery of the concert. // 9

Production Quality: I also enjoyed how artfully the DVD was put together and that there were no gaps in the performance and everything sort of "flowed" throughout the DVD. The fireworks also set the mood of the performance and I completely respect the sound crew and all of the other people involved with making "Bullet In A Bible" possible. Nothing wrong with this area of the DVD. // 9

Overall Impression: I grew up with Green Day so they are my favourite band. I'm not saying that there aren't a few band that are quite close as well, but Green Day just stands out from the rest. For me the most impressive thing on the album was how they never messed up with the songs and how Billie Joe Armstrong is a great singer even when he is live. I would definitely buy the album again if I lost it. The only thing I hate is that sometimes the behing-the-scenes moments are too long. I mean, it IS about the concert really. // 8

Bullet In A Bible Reviewed by: Duke-N, on december 16, 2005

Sound: Green Day has always been the ultimate punk-rock band and throughout their time have delivered many great songs to the world. This DVD/CD is a compilation of their greatest songs played live in the UK at the National Bowl, Milton Keynes. They still got that punk-rock feel and they connect with fans young and old. The Green Day sound is uncomparable to any other bands! // 9

Content: This is a live consert of their best hits. All the songs are great and the actual DVD is over 2 hours long! It also contains a picture gallery. Infact there are no hidden clips, because all of the hidden clips, embarassing moments and backstage scenes are all in the actual show. // 9

Production Quality: Damn! This is the best show ever! Fireworks, light effects, flames, costumes, even a boxing glove attached to the end of a trumbone. They really pulled off every stop they could. // 10

Overall Impression: You cannot compare this show to any other! Every moment of it is impressive or outstanding, but most probably the greatest moment is when Billy Joe does a solo on the harmonica. This DVD isn't leaving my sight until the day I die. // 10

Bullet In A Bible Reviewed by: Blade1112, on november 18, 2005

Sound: My impression of Green Day in Bullet In A Bible is just that it was amazing! The vocals, bass, electrics, drums, and even the piano and the horns sounded great! Their innovated music has actually changed the way people look at punk rock now. The behind the scenes interviews told basically how they started out as an underground band to a world wide known band, what they felt before and after the concert which they played, and basically what they didn't expect when they started. But back to the sound, it was awesome. You could clearly hear them play, it was as if you were at the concert. But only a few times they messed up during the songs, and when I mean messed up I mean like missing 1 note. // 9

Content: The content is good, it comes with the DVD showing them playing the songs, in depth inteviews and behind the scenes of concerts, and it also comes with a CD of all the songs they played at the concert so you can listen to the live songs they played at the concert while you are on the road. It is a live concert DVD featuring the best of the songs they have made. The song list is great, it includes new and old and one cover song. I'm pretty satisfied with it, the songs are all good like Jesus Of Suburbia, Basket Case, and King For A Day. The extra on the DVD is just a photo gallery showing pictures of the band in the concert while playing the instumentals of Boulevard Of Brokwn Dreams in the background. // 8

Production Quality: The quality of the DVD is great, the picture quality is good, and the sound was extraordinary. But the camera wasn't steady some of the time, but whatever. The DVD shows what the effects crew do, and it's much more than I expected. The techs they used were basically some screens showing enlarged pics of the band playing and a whole lot of fire (fireworks, flames), which are really trendy these days in concerts. But all together it's pretty good. // 8

Overall Impression: Compared to other punk bands I think the Green Day tops them, but that's just my opinion. The DVD was awesome and the most impressive thing on the DVD to me is just them playing. I love the behind the scenes when they fool around because it's pretty funny, and what I hate is just Tre Cool coming in naked (at least the cencored it). And if I lost it or if someone stole it I wouldbuy it again because it's really good. // 9

Bullet In A Bible Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 18, 2005

Sound: Excellent sound and the reproduction of the music by Green Day truely is excellent, especially on songs like Holiday and Jesus of Suburbia. But otherwise the sound is 100% perfect, both on the CD and the DVD video. // 10

Content: The content is excellent also! What was a bit of a let down was the fact that they didn't have many interviews with the band, it would of been really good if we could of just chilled out with 30min or so with the band and them answering questions, etc. but mostly it's just in the format of small interview - song - small interview - song. But it's all good anyway. The only thing that was a bit of a letdown was that they didn't show the entire show. And what would of been really really cool would of been the preformance of Knowledge where they got people up from the crowd to play the song, but unfortunately that's missing. // 9

Production Quality: Excellent production. What more can I say? The sound is excellent and the taping is exceptional. // 10

Overall Impression: Excellent DVD for any Green Day fan and even if your not it's still good! Green Day truely are one of the best, if not the best live act (both in punk rock or any other genre) in the world. So it really is great to see the boths jumping around stage with their guitars and 'f--k you' attitude. There's just something about the atmosphere that's just amazing, and no live act can come close to what Green Day put on live, it's not a show - it's an experience. // 10

Bullet In A Bible Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 19, 2005

Sound: Green Day have become one of the symbols of modern pop culture and sound. How they have done that is easy to understand when you see and listen to this Concert recorded at Milton Keyes in the UK. This is one of the best live sounds I have ever heard with Mike Dirnt rock the bass line. Tre' Cool being the greatest rock drummer ever. Billie Joe rocking the vocals, and a number of backup musicians make the sound on this DVD shine. It sounds just like they did when I saw them in concert. And the trombone and trumpet on "King For A day" make the sound perfect. However, I'm a little dissapointed with "Wake Me Up When September Ends." This is the only song where I really noticed a lack in vocal prowess. Still an overall great sound though. // 10

Content: This is a live concert film with interviews and backstage footage thrown in to the mix. It's a good two hours long and it's two hours well spent. Some of the beginning is kind of depressing with the whole anti-war spiel, but the middle is great when we get to see the old prankster kids back at their old tricks. It has a good mix of American Idiot tracks and older songs like "Longview," "Basketcase," Hitchin' A Ride" and "Brain Stew." It ends with the best version of "Good Riddance," that I have ever heard. // 10

Production Quality: The quality and effort put into this is extremely apparent as it absoulutly shines with good camera footage and sound and excellent special effects. It switches of between color cameras and black and white cameras that almost make you feel like your watching some old war documentary. It has amazing overhead shots of the crowd and the stage and makes you feel like your every where in the crowd and on stage at once. The film making truly shines. // 10

Overall Impression: This is one of the best if not the best live concert films I have ever seen. The best thing on this DVD is the electric version of "Good Riddance" that brought the audience to tears at some parts. This shows just how much Green Day is about their music and being who they are not who somone else wanted them to be. I love the interviews with Tre' Cool and the "Shout" cover. I'm a little upset that their are not extra bonus features but the length of the film makes up for it. It was one of the best $15 I have ever spent. If it was stolen I'd kill people. If it was lost I'd cry and buy it again. God Bless Green Day. // 10

Bullet In A Bible Reviewed by: Mike_rocka_boy, on november 21, 2005

Sound: Comparing to the American Idiot album, I think Green Day sound alot better live than they do on the album. It just shows every one having a good time, and Green Day just having fun and paying out George Bush. Most people already know the American Idiot story line, and if you dont then watch the movie when it comes out, but on the American Idiot tour they dont play the whole album through in order. They play their main hits from American Idiot, And a chunk of other hits in the middle of them. People have said that Green Day are one of the best shows around live, and I could really see why. Although I'm going to the show, if you missed the concert, I'd really recommend you get your punk ass out their and buy the damn thing. Cause it brings out some of the best Green Day has to offer. // 10

Content: Apart from the live concert, the dvd also features interviews, back stage, pre-concert warm up and some other stuff that you won't get to see with out it. It also shows how they got the name, bullet in a bible. It's pretty obvious why, but it shows them when they go to a war museum and see some guys bible with a bullet in it. I guess I was hoping for a bit more interviews and stuff, as the dvd was just under 2 hours in total and most of that was taken up by the concert. So I guess that was probably the only downfall. The DVD also had a cd to go with it, which was just the cd for it. I thought this was good because the live version is way better than non-live and it also has some of their older stuff on it aswell. // 8

Production Quality: I wouldn't say the camera work was anything above the average, nothing fancy. Had some good footage and they had closeups of all the guys while they were playing so that was good. // 10

Overall Impression: Well I waited for ages for this DVD/CD to come out. And I sure got my moneys worth. If this were lost, then I'd find it. And if I couldn't then id kick my brothers bum so hard that'd his nose would bleeed, then when id finished with that, I would go buy it again. If it were stolen, then I would do all of the above except I would also go kick the stealers butt, then go buy it again. I really like it and I'm gonna watch it heaps in the future. Love just about everything about this DVD, I recommend it heaps. // 9

Bullet In A Bible Reviewed by: superguitarist1, on november 28, 2005

Sound: This was the regular Green Day sound that we all love so much. So you know what that's like. There were 4 other musicians and 4 other instruments. There are 2 guitarists, a trumpeter, and a saxophonist/keyboardist/trombonist. So that gives them some nice nice effects in their songs. // 10

Content: This DVD features extra material (which is really just commentary and backstage footage. This was a live concert that they did in the UK so you can get the full concert experience from your living room couch. And it would be a best of collection if Welcome To Paradise was on the song list. But the songs that were on there were (in order); American Idiot, Jesus Of Suburbia, Holiday, Are We The Waiting, St. Jimmy, Longview, Hitchin' A Ride, Brain Stew, Basket Case, King For A Day/Shout, Wake Me Up When September Ends, Minority, Boulevard Of Broken Dreams, and Good Riddance. And there is a photo album on the DVD to look at, but it's just snapshots of them playing on stage. // 10

Production Quality: The production itself was really very good. Billy Joe used three guitars for show, some props (hats, things like that) were used for a more entertaining performance throughout the show. Fire works were launched from behind the stage, and flamethrowers were all across the stage. Five large screens were also used for better view. Plus what's a concert without some fancy lights? // 9

Overall Impression: You can't really compare Green Day to any other bands, because they're punk, but they play to 65,000 people each show. But you can't compare them to pop bands, because they are punk. But probably the most impressive thing on the DVD is the performance. Billy JOe runs around on stage, Mike Dirnt walks all over the cat walk, Tre Cool wears pink hats and conducts the audience with one drum stick, so what else could make it better? How about Billy Joe mooning the audience? Of course it's not too pretty for us straight guys, but all the gay guys and women were all staring and drooling at that one. I can't say that I even dislike anything about itt, and I would buy it every time I lost it or it was stolen. // 10

Bullet In A Bible Reviewed by: PunkRockGlory, on november 29, 2005

Sound: Although many people disagree. Green Day is Punk Rock in a true essence. It may not be so anarcho-political. But it's still punk in it's own aspect. Trying different sounds and different types of instruments is all apart of a band's evolution. But with that said, Bullet in a Bible, possibly one of their best DVD/CD's to date. American Idiot in itself is a great album, but infused with their live perfomance is all worth the money you'd pay to go and see it yourself. // 9

Content: The DVD features a Photo Gallery, with a instrumental boulevarde of Broken Dreams in the background. This live concert DVD is, like I said one of the greatest they have come with to date. Playing at Milton Keynes, the largest stadium in the UK, to over 65,000 people over the course of two days. // 9

Production Quality: With Sam Bayer directing this DVD, they did quite an excellent job. Though some are not too fond of Sam Bayer's expression of WMUWSE's video, he still did a great expression for the band. Giving them time to film a nice little 'one on one' wit hthe band members, describing their lives through Green Day. Lots of camera trickery, but with billie Joe as main centerpiece, lest we forget Mike Dirnt and Tre' Cool. All in All, very good. Sounds comes in clear, though slightly lost to the crowd every once in a while. // 9

Overall Impression: Green Day is a very great band live, why this concert DVD is goign to be such a success is very evident. Though I will say, Billie Joe's antics become very repetitive concert after concert, but still he manages to bring a fresh start to each and every show. The most impressive thing, aside from the Concert itself, would have to be the photo gallery. Very great shots. I love almost everything about this piece of work, all save for the tracklist, they could have added a little more, or at the least threw in a couple songs from Shenanigans. If it was stolen or lost I'd definately buy this thing again. // 9

Bullet In A Bible Reviewed by: jhayehidio, on december 26, 2005

Sound: Well, Green Day has always been considered as the most influential band of their generation. It's just basically because their "sound" is something that's "apart" from almost everyone out there. And, once again, they had proven this very truth in their greatest live show ever, held in England, called "Bullet In A Bible." Well, the big three, together with that great help from mr. guitarist #2, had again flown to another spectacular dimension of great musicality. Only with this description, we can imagine how they sound that great, right? // 9

Content: Well, "Bullet In A Bible" features Green Day's greatest songs ever, performed live in England. It includes the teary-eyed version of "Good Riddance." Well, it was the first time I heard the song played in such dramatic manner, and not in acoustic! Also, it includes some of their latest songs such as "Jesus Of Suburbia," "Holiday," "Wake Me Up When September Ends," "Boulevard Of Broken Dreams" and the equally dynamic "American Idiot." Also, it contains some classic songs like "Basket Case," "Hitchin' A Ride" and "Brain Stew." Not only that, it also includes some footages of their "tour" around some places in Engaland, their practices and performances in other countries, and an interview (parts) with the band members. // 9

Production Quality: Well, the DVD showed everyone what "Green Day" really is. It was done perfectly. The way the cameras acted and the lights and sound operated perfected this great offering to every Green Day fan. Especially, during their live performance, everything was awesome! Look on how the way the "fire" behind them on one part of the whole show (I forgot what song it came out) blew everyone away. All perfect! // 8

Overall Impression: Well, it was really great. It really knocked me off my feet, really! The only thing that's for me is a bit too not good was in that part of "Wake Me Up When September Ends." Billy Joe sang the song a little bit shaky. And it wasn't good. But, for others, perfect! It's just maybe because Billy Joe was shouting and howling too much that his voice were already shaking during that part. As a whole, it was great! // 10

Bullet In A Bible Reviewed by: kevinmawae25, on december 26, 2005

Sound: The quality of the sound in this DVD was incredible. I saw Green Day live at Giants Stadium back in September, The sound was just as crisp on the DVD as it was standing 15 feet infront of Billie Joe. // 10

Content: The content on the DVD is incredible. Not only did it feature the entire full length concert, but it also features candid interviews with the band about touring, being on stage, the album "American Idiot" and their lives. It not only brings the audience into a Green Day show, it brings them into Green Day. For any Green Day fan, this is the ultimate DVD. and even for any non-greenday fans, you'll get a chance to see what a real Rock & Roll performance looks like. // 9

Production Quality: Director Samuel Bayer did an incredible job directing this video. Typical sam, he shot the video in several different cameras. He shot it in clear vision, Out of focus, tight zoom, and my favorite black and white. The concept behind the video was to create an intimacy between Green Day and it's fans, I believe the work of Sam Bayer and his production crew did the job. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall this has to be one of my favorite Concert DVD's of all time. It ranks up there with AC/DC Live At Donnigton and The Song Remains The Same. I believe the DVD actually did justice to the band, and I not only recommend it to Green Day fans, I recomend it to everyone who has ever enjoyed punk-rock music. // 10

Bullet In A Bible Reviewed by: gdpunk, on january 03, 2006

Sound: The sound was amazing, sounded like it had just come off an album because they can double track by the singer playing guitar and having a support guitarist. There was was no story attached. // 10

Content: It features the 14 live tracks from Green Days Milton Keynes Bowl gig on the 18/19 June, 2005. It also features interviews with the members of the band and backstage videos. It is a live concert DVD, the biggest gig that green day had ever played. All songs were of a really high quality above what everyone was expecting. // 10

Production Quality: The ways the producer made it was good and trendy he selected what he thought were the best parts over both the days, and he filmed from behind the band and from the side of the band and put some parts in black and white which was extremely affective. // 8

Overall Impression: No it is way out of any bands league. The most impressive thing was how in control of the audience billie joe armstrong was, it seemed that he had them in a trance at times. I love everything about it, it is really well thought out with not one mistake in, nothing to hate about it. If it were stolen or lost I would definately buy a new copy, as I would be a fool not to! // 10

Bullet In A Bible Reviewed by: lespaul56, on january 03, 2006

Sound: The DVD includes the concert in the UK they had on their recent world tour. They have pretty much every song on American Idiot album. In my opinion, they definately sound better live then on a recording and they show that in this concert. There's a slight difference in Billie Joe's voice, but it all sounds good anyway so I don't care. // 10

Content: Pretty much it's a live concert with some interviews and behind the scenes footage in between. The songs on the album include in this order: American Idiot, Jesus Of Suburbia, Holiday, Are We Waiting, St. Jimmy, Longview, Hitchin' A Ride, Brain Stew, Basket Case, King For A Day/Shout, Wake Me Up When September Ends, Minority, Boulevard Of Broken Dreams, and Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life). I was a little dissapointed because they didn't do Give Me Novacaine or When I Come Around, but I was definately satisfied. // 9

Production Quality: The production quality was great. I thought it was cool because they'd switch from black and white to color, that was my favorite part. They had all kinds of different camera views and angles. It was perfection. // 9

Overall Impression: There is no comparison to other artists with this DVD. I think the most impressive thing on this DVD is how great the sound is. If it was lost or stolen I'd go buy it again because I loved it so much. // 10

Bullet In A Bible Reviewed by: jizzo, on january 04, 2006

Sound: The sound is great. I for one love Green Day and this CD/DVD blew me away. They hit the release of this album perfectly as Am. Idiot is still doing quite well. Billie Joe and the rest of the band made fun changes to some songs, which made the experience even better. Escpecially, #14, Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life). They made a distorted version which sounded phenominal and the muted fingerings are awesome. // 10

Content: This live concert in England was amazing. Billie joe ghad some great antics and wild acts which keep the fans wondering what in the world is coming next. It also contained behind the scenes footage and minor back stories between songs. The cd and dvd contain the rare and very fun track king for a day/shout. // 8

Production Quality: The production qualitity was pretty good. I have an HDTV and its nothing but clear and precise pinpoint picturing. The camera angles were great and timed perfectly. This aspect was great. The concerts main points were highlighted and the fans were caught at there rowdiest. // 8

Overall Impression: I have seen dvds of Queen, Led Zepellin, Rush, Jimi Hendrix, and U2 and Bullet In A Bible is right up there. Its a great combo overall. The most impressive thing on this DVD has to be the innovations that Green Day make and time perfectly to their songs. I love the entire DVD the songs are obviously what I love the most along with their stage presence. If someone stole it I'd buy a new one, but if I knew who it was, I'd take mine back in the theif would be in the hospital after I get through with him! // 9

Bullet In A Bible Reviewed by: Wilhelm Fink, on february 28, 2006

Sound: As ever, the recording of Green Day's Live Concert at Milton Keynes Bowl was amazing. Me being a Green Day fan, I was a bit upset when I couldn't go to the concerts, but the DVD makes up for this-the sound quality is so good when that when I watched it for the first time I generally thought I was there in the mosh pit. the music itself was performed spotlessly with the guitars set up perfectly, along with the refreshing sound of the bass and drum riffs. Probably the best live DVD I've seen (soundwise). The Accompanying CD sounds pretty good as well. // 10

Content: The DVD Features 14 of Green Day's most famous songs, including basket Case to the modern epic of Jesus Of Suburbia. In between most songs there is a little interlkude, with little snippets of information from Green Day etc. The slightly disappointing thing about the DVD is the Lack of special features and the chopping off of some of the songs they performed over the 2 days. However, the content in the main DVD makes up for this by miles. There however is a little photo album set to a musical version of Boulevard Of Broken Dreams, which is quite nice. // 10

Production Quality: Sam Bayer has done a wonderful job in making this DVD. On the DVD itself there is a section showing how much work he put into getting what he wanted in the DVD. The camera angles in this were brilliant, giving a refreshing view on the concert, on the action, on everything. Parts of the film have been edited to change the colour to black and white etc, which is very very cool. // 10

Overall Impression: This being a live concert album, by Green Day, of all people, it does not compare to any other band or even their other CDs, simply because Green Day are the best live band in the world. The songs, which feature on other albums, are just performed with a little twinkle on this DVD, just making the experience slightly different. Everything, in my opinion, is good about this DVD/CD combo, and I would have to replace my copy if it gets lost etc. Amazing. // 10

Bullet In A Bible Reviewed by: ST. DIZZY!, on march 15, 2006

Sound: The sound is pretty good for live performances and the songs they played are great. There were about two mistakes in the whole concert so they really played well. The guitars sounded great and so did the other instruments. This was recorded at Milton Keynes in London and played for 65,000 people as a result of their world tour. Green Day are great performers and go completly nuts on stage. // 10

Content: The DVD includes the concert itself with little segments on the band, setting up the album, etc, in between songs. It is a live concert that was recorded at Milton Keynes in London which is two hours long. The song list is a bit mixed up but the following songs are brought in in style, this is really cool. The DVD includes a photo gallery which shows about twenty pictures and different sound setups. // 10

Production Quality: The DVD is recorded on location but still looks brilliant and the picture is very clean. The camara angles are very good and change from each member a lot letting you see them all which is really cool. The picture during the concert changes to black and white which I think is awesome, it looks brilliant! // 10

Overall Impression: This is definetly better than most artists and Green Day are a great band. The best thing about the DVD is the effects during the concert and the photo gallery. I love the photo gallery on this DVD because the pictures are awesome. Honestly there is nothing on this DVD that I hate. If I lost this DVD I would buy it again 'cause it's quite reasonably priced and it is a cool DVD. // 10

Bullet In A Bible Reviewed by: Jazz Bassist, on april 05, 2006

Sound: While reviewing the Bullet In A Bible DVD/CD, I was absorbed into the whole story of the Package. The bands sound is pretty unique, with Billie Joe's unmistakeable vocals and powerful lyrics, Mike's astounding bass riffs and techniques, and Tre's amazing Drumming. This disc combo provides you with the cream of Green Day at their best. Performing at Milton Keynes, UK, they give their all, and keep up their repertoire excellently. My impression of Green Day would be that they've thrown their lives, and times, into every album they've ever made, and make some of the most powerful songs ever made in history. // 9

Content: This DVD/CD is a Medley of the songs from the American Idiot album, played completely Live at Milton Keynes. The DVD Features hours of high quality footage of the band performing, and the CD features 14 songs from the A. I album. I am overly satisfied with the DVD/CD content, and quality. The DVD also features a band gallery accompanied with music from the concert, a subtitle feature, a chapter selection, audio set-up feauters, and an overall good template. Very rock. // 9

Production Quality: The production quality of the Presentation is 10/10. The menu's are carefully crafted, and with the DVD's special effects, it makes it all worth while. The interviews are something special, with graphic transition constantly, changing from colour to black and white, to blurry, and back, etc. It's very cool. // 10

Overall Impression: There is no comparison to any other bands DVD I've ever watched. This DVD/CD is something special. The most impressive thing on the compilation had to be the concert footage, but the interviews, and backstage videos were in tight competition for my attention. I love the spontaneity of the Music, you never know whats going to happen, Green Day keep you hyped up, and hooked. There's nothing that I hate about this item, it's to be appreciated as so much hard work on the guys behalf went into creating it. If I misplaced it, I would sell the clothes on my back to get it again. I strongly recommend this Album, It's the best thing the guys have ever done, they admit that themselves, you can see the blood, sweat and tears that have gone into it the whole way through. It very very very emotional for the watcher on Billie Joe's viewpoint, (if you see through his eyes), and they've just captured the absolute Esscence of the tour. Go and buy it now! It's worth every penny. // 10

Bullet In A Bible Reviewed by: Punk Rocker, on january 09, 2006

Sound: I think that this DVD gave a good impression of Green Day's message. The music was basicaly all songs they had already performed. A little dissapointing that there was only one new song but it was still a good show. They also introduced some back up band memebers. One of them had been performing with Green Day for a while now. They had a rhytm guitarist so Billie Joe could run around the stage and rile up the crowd and things like that. The music performance was overall good. // 9

Content: Every song had mind blowing stage effects. These included fire explosions, fireworks, etc. Also the band would be constantly be jumping around and running around the stage. Even the drummer would get up sometmes. This DVD was a live performance of a tour in England. I was satasfied by the songs on it. They included some great hits like Longview, Minority, and Good Ridance. // 10

Production Quality: The quality of the DVD was pretty good. One effect of it was that it would switch from black and white to color randomly. It had plenty of explosions in it. It was all real and none looked fake. The black and white perspective was annoying at times. // 8

Overall Impression: I cant really compare this to other DVDs of bands because I havent really watched other ones. I think the most impressive thing on the DVD was the energetic performance and the energetic feedback from the crowd. Basicaly my favorite part was just wathcing them perform. The thing I hated was some of the backup artists. They were kinda messed up. // 9

Bullet In A Bible Reviewed by: reverseblade101, on february 16, 2006

Sound: The sound quality on this little disc is extremely great. The first time I watched it was at a freinds house on the TV in his room. Right then I had to go and buy it for myself. I gotta tell you this sounds great. Especially on the surround sound in the living room. You get a feeling that you are really there at that concert. // 8

Content: This is basically a concert performance with some backround on the band. Great concert, even though some of the footage was cut out. But it makes up for that with the intervies of the band members. Billie Joe mostly talks about music and how it effects his daily living. Mike Dirnt basically talks about the touring and what they've been through since back in the day. And then there's Tre Cool. This is my favorite thing about the interviews. He is basicaly so random and so out there that it makes me laugh every time I see him. All in all, there's some good content in this package. // 9

Production Quality: Good quality overall. The only thing I dont like is sometimes you'll notice the picture switches from color to black and white. You'll eventually get used to it though, or it just stops. // 8

Overall Impression: Great DVD. It's an awesome concert with a great selection of songs. Definitly my best music DVD. If this got stolen I would definitly go out and buy another one. // 8

Bullet In A Bible Reviewed by: leony03, on march 01, 2006

Sound: 100% pure Green Day. They perform good live and they sound good. This is a musthave for all "punk rockers." I first Green Day at the Live 8 concert and I was like 'wow'! I got American Idiot and I listened to it non stop. Still do back to the subject, Bullet In A Bible has over 2 hours of live concert footage and interviews with seperate members of the band. I would have preffered the interviews to be on a seperate menue though. If you get this, then you have to watch the interview with Tre Cool after Basket Case. He's 'overactive'. // 9

Content: The DVD has a 'play all' menu and a chapter selection like most DVD's but it also has a slideshow of some really good pictures of Green Day at their best. It is also backed witha 'lyric-less' version of Boulevard of Broken Dreams. Their is also a CD of the songs. One thing that they have left out is that not al of the songs they played at the concert are on the CD/DVD. Apperently, they got people up on stage and asked them to play songs or sumthin. I'm really jealous that I didn't go to the concert and I'm just annoyed that they didn't how all of the show. // 9

Production Quality: The way Sam Bayer has put this gig togther is just brilliant. He captures the best angles and puts them together well. Nothing else to say except brilliant. // 10

Overall Impression: Green day are the best band ever. I've learn't loads of their songs on the gitar including American Idiot, Holiday, Minority, Basket Case and loads more. The point is, is that their songs are really simple but they sound great. If it were stolen, I've got the CD burned onto my computer already and I reaslly like the album a lot so it's even really? // 10

Bullet In A Bible Reviewed by: GreendayBoy69, on april 10, 2006

Sound: I think that Green Day has always tried to appeal to everyone who hears their music. From the early albums (Dookie, 1,039 Smoothed Out Slappy Hours) the music has always appealed to the general listener, not just the hardcore Green Day fan. The story set through the DVD is basically how the album, American Idiot, has taken the band out of the shadow of Dookie and moved them forward. It gives a very personal feel to what Billie, Tre and Mike have experianced in their 16/17 years of playing as a band. // 10

Content: This DVD shows hits from Dookie, Nimrod and American Idiot. American Idiot being the focus of the tour. This is a live DVD and it really captures the moment of the show, making you fell as if you have been there watching before. // 10

Production Quality: There are a few video effects used in the concert, light distortion, black and white, blur, and slowing down the speed of the video while keeping the same sound going. It was a well filmed concert and was produced well on DVD. // 9

Overall Impression: This DVD also comes with a CD so weather or not you are at home, you can still hear the live show in your car, mates house, etc. I love the way Billie shares his secrets as if he is talking to you personally, while millions of people would own this. Yes, if this got stolen, I would buy it again. Truly awesome experiance. // 10

Bullet In A Bible Reviewed by: boyan89, on may 22, 2006

Sound: The sound on this dvd is amazing.The guitars are really good live when Green Day play mixing in with all sorts of eefects and stuff like that. The drums and the bass sound really good too. Like in 2 or 3 songs they would play something like jazzy with like trumpets, saxophones, and trombones. Billie even played the harmonica in Minority. The best sounding songs on this album are Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Holiday, Good Ridance, Hitchin' A Ride, Brainstew and Longview. // 10

Content: The content on this CD is amazing I was blown away the 1st time I played it. The content this dvd features though is Green Day playing live and they sound amazing when they do it. Also like during the interviews or behind the scenes look their is usually some music playing. The content on this DVD is friggin amazing. // 10

Production Quality: The quality just simply rules. It is very trendy indeed. // 10

Overall Impression: This DVD is so amazing that I cannot stop watching it. The most impressive things on this DVD are like when Billie takes like a break between a song to play something jazzy or a guitar solo of some kind. I don't hate anything bout this DVD, I love everything about it. If it were lost or stolen I would brat up the person who did it and get it back. // 10

Bullet In A Bible Reviewed by: matteo cubano, on august 01, 2006

Sound: Green Day used to have a hardcore punk feel in their dookie days but American Idiot takes a turn to the poppy alternative direction. They have a been a great band however for a while now. Bullet In A Bible is great because it not only has the American Idiot tracks but a few other classics like "Basket Case" and "Good Riddance". // 8

Content: This DVD is only a concert and a behind the tour look at Green Day. The songs are from all their albums from Basket Case and Longview to Holiday and American Idiot. Altogether it is a hell of a good show they play with their set list. It's funner to watch and hear them live than to watch their music videos or listen to their CDs. // 9

Production Quality: They production quality is good. The oly tricks it uses is going to black and white sometimes and cutting to behind the scenes interviews and footage. But it's clear, high quality video, and so is the CD that also comes with this when you buy Bullet In A Bible. // 10

Overall Impression: If you like American Idiot you will love Bullet In A Bible. It's also a CD and you'll enjoy both. Green Day seems to have a lot of fun doing their shows. I love the way they rile up the fans and rock out. There's not much too hate about it. It's defineltely worth buying twice though that would cost $40 to buy 2 copies at the places by me but it's a great album and DVD and old or new Green Day fans will love it. // 10

Bullet In A Bible Reviewed by: amanda.0.4, on july 24, 2008

Sound: Bullet in a Bible is the concert DVD/CD of Green Day's American Idiot tour. The majority if the songs played at the concert were off of the American Idiot album, but there were also quite a few of their older songs played. The band has an incredible stage presence, an dlive show, which is showcased very well in the DVD. A large variety of instruments are used, ranging from trumpets, and orchestras, to the guitars and drums the band themselves use. Of course, anyone who doesn't own the American Idiot album would not fully understand the lyrical story or St. Jimmy, or the Jesus of Suburbia, and would be left only with enjoying the sounds of the music. There are points throughout the concert that lead singer/guitarist Billie Joe ARmstrong is in the verge of tears, from singing the powerful lyrics. Before every song that is performed on the DVD, extra bita are added in, such as interviews with the band, behidn the stage footage, and talks with the fans, all of which add to the DVD. // 10

Content: The live concert DVD features live footage of the band playign a variety of songs, as well as interviews and backstage footage of the band. There is also a CD of all of the tracks the band plays. The DVD also includes a photo gallery. // 8

Production Quality: The production quality of the show was absolutely incredible, from the lights, to the fireworks, all the way down the the camera angles and costumes used. The lights and sound quality enhance the show greatly, and everything was done to a very high degree of effectiveness. // 10

Overall Impression: This live concert DVD surpasses and previous projects from the band, as it allows you to feel like you are at the show, and the interviews let you really get to know the band, and understand why they do what they do. You learn just how important Green Day is to all of them, and why they wouldnt' rather be doign anything else with their lives. I absolutely love everything about this DVD. If lost/stolen, you would be able to find this DVD at any store that sells music. // 9

Bullet In A Bible Reviewed by: Hoodoo Child, on july 29, 2008

Sound: Essentially being a three-piece band, Green Day need to make big sounds to accomplish the type of music they want to play. They do that extremely well, with the help of their additional guitarist and various other instrument-players (Jason White, Jason Freese and Ronnie Blake). This allows Billie-Joe Armstrong to run around the stage, pleasing both the audience watching the concert in person and the viewers of the DVD. This DVD was made in 2005, on the Green Day World Tour, and was filmed at the National Bowl in Milton Keynes, a venue with a capacity of 65,000. The whole point of the concert was to have, as stated by Mike Dirnt on the DVD "the biggest Green Day concert ever", which they, in my opinion, achieved. Obviously, the musical style and genre of Green Day is no-nonsense punk rock, which was displayed to amazing effect in this DVD, both by Billie-Joe, Mike and Tre Cool's emphatic and aggressive playing style, and by the fast paced camera action and even the band's outfits. // 9

Content: As well as featuring a full-length 2 hour concert, the DVD features an interview with each member of the band, which is shown in between their songs. Also included is an audio CD of the concert, with some of the talking and crowd interaction during songs cut out of the middle to save time. I am very satisfied with this setlist, as it combines both old and new Green Day material. It also introduced me to the older songs, as all I had heard until this DVD was released was American Idiot, and thanks to this DVD, I also purchased the CD "Dookie" because quite a few of the songs on that album are on this DVD. As far as I know, this DVD hasn't got any hidden features, but then again, I'm not very good at finding stuff like that on DVDs, so it may have for all I know! // 9

Production Quality: The production of this DVD is very high quality, as is shown throughout the whole concert and the interviews in between. The camera crew do their jobs extremely well, focusing on just about every angle that would be desired at a Green Day concert. There are many close-ups of Billie-Joe's face, and in particular his mouth, as he sings, especially on the track "Jesus of Suburbia", which allow the viewer to see the emotion he puts into all of his performances. During the interviews, there are also a lot of close-up shots of both Billie-Joe and Mike Dirnt. It does get quite irritating that the picture constantly switches from colour to black and white, but that is my only criticism. // 8

Overall Impression: This is the only live DVD i own, but I have watched a few more, including the MUSE HAARP DVD from Wembley. Obviously nothing on performance scale can compare to MUSE, but Green Day come pretty close for the entertainment value. The most impressive thing on this DVD is purely the music and being able to see probably one of the best Green Day concerts ever. I love nearly everything about this DVD, the pure punk music on it, and the amazing performance and crowd interaction given by Billie-Joe and the other members of the band. There isn't anything that i HATE, but i would have to say the constant black and white back to colour is my least favourite thing about it. If it were stolen or lost, then I would definitely buy this DVD again, as I watch it whenever I am bored or need something to watch, just sitting doing nothing. // 9

Bullet In A Bible Reviewed by: fencernick, on november 08, 2010

Sound: Green Day's Bullet in a Bible was filmed in London, England, during their European leg of the American Idiot in 2005 in the highly-praised Milton Keynes stadium. The DVD shows the pop-punk band from Oakland, California playing for over 3-hours straight (despite only 115 minutes of it being on DVD), rocking a full-house and leaving the audience begging for more. Performing in front of over 130,000 people in only two days, this concert DVD is definitely some good eye candy. Filmed by Samuel Bayer, director of all music videos from the album American Idiot and Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit video, this DVD is full of footage both on-stage and off-stage, and the songs performed appeal to the various Green Day audiences from the 90s to the 21st century. // 10

Content: The DVD as far as I have seen is a bit limited on features, the main focus of this DVD being the actual footage played on the big-screen (forgive me if I'm wrong, only because I have the movie only on my iPod and have not seen the actual hard copy of the DVD). It is a live concert DVD. The movie itself has all the features in it already, though, with onstage, offstage scenes, interviews, and etc. Green Day's best was definitely shown on this DVD, the band playing hits from American Idiot all the way back to Dookie and Insomniac. However, fans may want to see more out of this DVD, for the setlist is rather limited for a Green Day fan. The DVD has cut out hits like the radio-hit She from Dookie or the chaotic, drug-induced Jaded from Insomniac. Even the underrated Homecoming, the second nine-minute anthem off of American Idiot, may have been appreciated. The setlist is, though, very nicely put together, and I was pretty satisfied. // 9

Production Quality: The production quality was gritty yet smooth and nicely put together. The grittiness and rough-around-the-edges quality to some of the songs and footage captured the feel of the American Idiot age of Green Day. Definitely eye-catching and a beautiful-mess to watch. However, some of the camera work in certain songs were a bit sloppy, sometimes the camera catching a few seconds of feet and very, very shaky camera work in some areas. Other than those very rare moments in the filming, the final product was beautiful and expertly tied together, from day one of the concert to day two. // 9

Overall Impression: Stunning. The DVD catches every dimension of Green Day, from featuring the entire touring band to even just the trio. Billie Joe Armstrong's wild antics on stage entertain audience members and have made me crack smiles and laughs here and there. Mike Dirnt and Tre Cool take the stage as well many times in the film, and are focused on a good amount besides the band's frontman (which is good: if you're going to see a band live, the entire band should be the focus in my opinion). With hilarious, dramatic, inspiring backstage footage, the movie is well equipped and shows more than just the band onstage. This is definitely an amazing concert movie, and should be on the shelf of any concert movie fan, even if you dislike the band or love 'em. The band from Oakland, California takes the stadium by storm and their presence is menacing and amazing at the same time, and Bullet in a Bible is all that is needed to prove that. // 10

More Green Day reviews rating latest review