Electric Eye Review

artist: judas priest date: 12/15/2006 category: dvd
judas priest: Electric Eye
Release Date: December 9, 2003
The "Electric Eye" DVD is an essential collector's item for any Judas Priest fan. This DVD is loaded with great material: 13 music videos, the 19 track Priest...Live! video, 6 rare BBC performances, and a complete discography that plays a full song from each album.
 Content: 10
 Production Quality: 10
 8.3
 9.8
 6.7
review (1) 8 comments vote for this dvd:
Electric Eye Reviewed by: shredder_666, on december 15, 2006

Sound: The sound on this DVD is not really as great as it is on the album. All in all though, it is very good and easy to understand. The musical styles used in this record vary as it is compiled of over thirty years of the bands work. The interesting thing about this DVD is that you get to see how the musical styles evolved over time as the band worked from a classical rock sounding band into the kings of heavy metal. The sound on the videos isnt really outstanding. It is rather faded. The live sounds on the album are actually very good though, and in my opinion, were the best parts of the DVD. // 9

Content: The content is what impressed me the most. This DVD is loaded with all sorts of Judas Priest material. It contains every music video ever realeased by the band. It contains a full-length 1986 concert from the "Fuel For Life" tour. It also contains the British BBC sessions from 1975 to 1980. It also features a complete discography of the bands albums. All in all there are over 25 of the greatest Priest songs on this DVD and I am certainly satisfied with them. // 10

Production Quality: The sound, like I said before is a little faded in some of the videos. However, I don't really blame that on the DVD production. The picture is very clear and you can understand lyrics very easily. It comes with 5.1 digital surround sound. I wouldn't be able to name any tricks used in production, but what more can you ask for? It was very good with production quality. // 10

Overall Impression: My overall impression is that this is probably the best music DVD I have ever purchased. I personally surprised to have not seen a review posted on it up here. What I really like about it is the BBC sessions because they are some of the earliest ever performances of the band and it is very interesting to watch and see how they grew. I honestly don't think that there is anything that I dislike about it. It is honestly that great. I would buy this DVD again and again. My DVD collection is not complete without it. // 10

More Judas Priest reviews rating latest review