Concert For George Review

artist: [Miscellaneous] date: 05/29/2012 category: dvd
[Miscellaneous]: Concert For George
Release Date: 2003
The Concert For George is a beautifully filmed, joyous celebration of some of the most significant music of the 20th century. Include breathtaking performances of rock's most influential artists and pop culture icons including, Eric Clapton, Jeff Lynne, Paul McCartney, Tom Petty, Billy Preston, Monty Python, Anoushka Shankar, Ravi Shankar, and Ringo Starr.
 Content: 9.5
 Production Quality: 7
 9.6
 9.2
reviews (2) 2 comments vote for this dvd:
Concert For George Reviewed by: Minderbinder, on february 20, 2007

Sound: From the back of the box, "A tribute to George Harrison under the musical direction of Eric Clapton. Featuring Joe Brown, Eric Clapton, Jools Holland, Sam Brown, Dhani Harrison, Jeff Lynne, Paul McCartney, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Billy Preston, Ravi and Anoushka Shankar, Ringo Starr." The band line up itself got me to buy this set, and it sounds amazing. The music was very well covered by all of these artists, very faithful renditions. This was recorder at the Royal Albert Hall in London on November 29 of 2002. The musicians were at peak preformance. // 10

Content: The content of this set is very simple: A bunch of Harrison's friends showed up and played a couple of George's songs apeice, including everyone coming out to play a song at the end. Additional things include some before-hand practice, and some origional crew members of "Montey Python" coming out to preform Georges favorite scetch, the lumberjack song (sometimes, Harrison assumed the name "Jack Lumber" as a pseudonym at some places). In the begining of the concert, There is a large Indian orchestra under direction of Ravi Shankar. There are three songs that feature a Sitar, then thetransition to the western music is done by the Pythons, where a total number of tracks comes to be 24. // 9

Production Quality: No technologies or tricks in this DVD, only great music. The production quality is good, and the stage lighting was perfect, none of those bobbing light effects that give you headachs. The artists were introduced as they came on, then, without any showmanship, played their set as a tribute to a wonderful friend. // 9

Overall Impression: The most impresive thing on this concert is the blending of musical talent into one night, and being played together. I was slightly nervous about how all of these big-name artists would sound together on the same stage. Turns out it was all for nothing. I thought that the band could have played a few more numbers, but I won't complain. If it were lost, I would go straight to the used CD store and buy another. This is a great concert, and I'm so glad that I bought it when I had the chance. // 10

Concert For George Reviewed by: Ausbrett23, on may 29, 2012

Sound: To me this DVD is the best of them all. I like it because it's all of George Harrison's close friends, Beatles band mates, and his son, playing all of his songs in 1 concert to show how much they care. The quality sound of the concert was outstanding. When I herd and saw "While My Guitar Gently Weeps," I was amazed. // 10

Content: I don't own the DVD I just rented it. So I don't know any of the bonus features. But this DVD is a live concert DVD including performances by Eric Clapton, Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, and more. A song that I particularly like is "While My Guitar Gently Weeps." I think that if George were still here today and he herd Eric Clapton sing that I bet that he would be amazed as I was. // 10

Production Quality: I know I said that I only rented the DVD but that doesn't mean that I have to know the production quality. I have never really looked at or have even thought of the production quality of this film. But I say that the Quality was terrific in every way possible. // 5

Overall Impression: This DVD doesn't compare to any other live concert DVD's at all. This is one of those "one of a kind," DVD's. If anyone were to try to make this DVD again, almost like do a tribute to it, it would suck a-s. This DVD is and always will be "One Of A Kind!" // 10

More [Miscellaneous] reviews rating latest review
+ The Wrecking Crew 8.5 02/04/2011