Rock Steady Live Review

artist: no doubt date: 04/21/2005 category: dvd
no doubt: Rock Steady Live
Released: November 25, 2003
This Long Beach concert reveals No Doubts live performance power. It's the sheer energy and groove of the music that make this concert one of the best and most exciting live shows I've seen. A must see concert.
 Content: 10
 6.5
review (1) user comments vote for this dvd:
Rock Steady Live Reviewed by: weezer713, on april 21, 2005

Sound: This DVD was great, No Doubt sounded great as usual. The DVD sounds great too. Many people say the camera changed too much but I didn't realize it. It shows all the bands members but I wished it showed less Gwen and more of Tom, Tony, and Adrian. Gwen talks a lot to the crowd and it's really cool to see them lively on stage. // 10

Content: The DVD includes a lot of extra features. My favorite is Tony's leaky wrinkle eye. It has extra footage on all the members and much more including a cool interview a long backstage footage before and after the show. There is even a secret video on the DVD. The setlist was great. My favorite was when they played their old school songs including Total Hate 95'. The setlist was: Opening, Hella Good, Sunday Morning, Ex-Girlfriend, Underneath It All, Platinum Blond Life, Bathwater, Don't Let Me Down, Ros Bonus, Magic's In The Makeup, Running, In My Head, New, Simple Kind Of Life, Just A Girl, Hey Baby, Rocksteady, Spiderwebs, Don't Speak. Extra songs: Total Hate, Excuse Me Mr, Different People, Trapped In A Box. // 10

Overall Impression: Well I can't compare it to Live in TK because I never saw that one! This was good, it could have been better if it had a better setlist but it was Rock Staedy Live. I love that it shows the band members expressions as they play. I hate that it centers so much around Gwen (you still the other guys plenty) but more would have been better. If it were stolen I would buy another immediatly! // 10

More No Doubt reviews rating latest review