On Fire Live At The Bowl Review

artist: queen date: 06/12/2006 category: dvd
queen: On Fire Live At The Bowl
Release Date: November 16, 2004
In total, this video does capture Queen in a strong light, whether this is at their "peak" or not. Highly recommended to Queen fans, or just fans of a good live show.
 Content: 8
 Production Quality: 7
 7.9
review (1) 5 comments vote for this dvd:
On Fire Live At The Bowl Reviewed by: jizzo, on june 12, 2006

Sound: Queen has such stage prescence. Freddie Mercury is an amazing frontman. The music is absolutely amazing and they do classic greats such as Fat Bottomed Girls, and Killer Queen. And, Brian May is a magician on his homemade guitar. The sound is easily the best thing on the DVD. // 9

Content: It's basically a greatest hits live concert. I love this DVD and still watch it daily (not always). It's got some behind the scenes features and they are crazy. There are songs like Bohemian Rhapsody, Killer Queen, Tie Your Mother Down, We Will Rock You, We Are the Champions, Bicycle Race, and God Save the Queen. Any Queen fan will be satisfied. // 8

Production Quality: It's not a recent concert, because Freddie Mercury was still alive, after all. However, it's surprisingly clear, and the camera angles are really amazing. There isn't pinpoint picturing, but it's still really good. However, there is no technology tricks being used and it ruins the experience a tad bit. // 7

Overall Impression: It is absolutely my best DVD, and it easily compares to other albums, and beats them, too. It's my one of my favourite DVDs and I cant get enough of it. The most impressive thing is that with Freddie Mercury on lead vocals, the other members are still noticed, too. I love the song selection the most, but I really don't like the clarity and picture. Basically, if you are a Queen fan, buy this DVD. // 8

More Queen reviews rating latest review
+ Queen Rock Montreal & Live Aid 9.1 12/12/2008