We Will Rock You Review

artist: queen date: 08/07/2007 category: dvd
queen: We Will Rock You
Released: October 30, 2001
The ultimate rock band perform the definitive versions of all of their greatest songs including "We Will Rock You," "Boheminan Rhapsody," "Another One Bites The Dust," "We Are The Champions," "Keep Yourself Alive," and "Somebody To Love" and much more.
 Content: 8.5
 Production Quality: 10
 8.6
 8.9
 8.3
reviews (2) user comments vote for this dvd:
We Will Rock You Reviewed by: DownDark, on april 05, 2005

Sound: This is the when the band was one of the most well-known rock bands in music at the time, and their record sales clearly proved them right. Queen's sound as a group is amazing, as always, and they show great musicianship throughout the show. The crows loved them except they don't show it! The crowd sings along but you can hardly hear them. As Freddie Mercury (lead singer) points out during "Love Of My Life" Freddie sings the line "Bring it back, bring it back, don't take it away from me because you don't know what it means to me... They don't know it." When Freddie said that he meant that the crowd didn't know the words to the song. Queen's first performance released on VHS in 1982. Though a little disappointing, Queen knew how to put on a satisfying show. // 8

Content: The content in this DVD includes commentery by the film's director Saul Swimmer, trivia game, photo gallery, scene selection, and a tour guide of places that were visited by the band. It is a great live concert DVD. the set list included many of their hits and a guitar solo from Brian May and a drum solo by Roger Taylor (a timpani solo). 01. We Will Rock You (fast) 02. Let Me Entertain You 03. Play The Game 04. Somebody To Love 05. Killer Queen 06. I'm In Love With My Car 07. Get Down, Make Love 08. Save Me 09. Now I'm Here 10. Dragon Attack 11. Love Of My Life 12. Under Pressure 13. Keep Yourself Alive 14. Drum Solo 15. Guitar Solo 16. Crazy Little Thing Called Love 17. Jailhouse Rock 18. Bohemian Rhapsody 19. Tie Your Mother Down 20. Another One Bites The Dust 21. Sheer Heart Attack 22. We Will Rock You (Reprise) 23. We Are The Champions 24. God Save The Queen They sure did play a lot of great hits! // 8

Production Quality: Queen were known for their crazy antics on stage due to the outrageous costumes and the spectacular lighting. The lighting is great during the instrumental solo in "Get Down, Make Love." Queen were definately great at putting on a great show for the people. // 10

Overall Impression: Queen were definately the greatest live rock bands, and this certainly helps to prove it. The most impressive thing about this DVD is just the amazing musicianship of the entire band. I love that they're playing all of their great hits but I hate the crowd's lack of enthusiasm and participation in singing along to the songs. I would buy it again if it got lost or stolen because there's a lot of them around now and they are easy to find. This DVD is worth buying if you want to see Queen play a good show. If you want to see Queen at their very best, I would recommend Queen's "Live At Wembley '86." // 8

We Will Rock You Reviewed by: nik_I, on august 07, 2007

Sound: Queen We Will Rock You: Live In Montreal 1981. Queen's performance at the Montreal Forum in front of 20,000 screaming fans. The band did a great job at this show. Their sound was absolutely amazing, and their setlist was well chosen, including their hits like: we will rock you, bohemian rhapsody, another one bites the dust, under pressure, can anybody find me somebody to love, and a lot more. // 9

Content: The guys did their greatest hits up to that point in time (1981). The show itself is of Queen's performance at Montreal's famous Forum hockey arena. All the great rock bands of the time played there. They opened the show with an interesting arrangement of "We Will Rock You"; completely different from the album verison. They played all of my favorite songs aswell as a few I hadn't heard before. The DVD itself was remastered in THX, so there is a THX soundcheck feature on the DVD. // 9

Production Quality: The production quality was absolutely amazing. For something filmed in the early 80's, the video quality is absolutely amazing. Better than U2 Zoo TV, or AC/DC: Live at Donington, which were filmed 10 years after this one. The DVD includes stereo sound, Dolby Surround, as well as DTS, and even a director's commentary track, something I haven't seen on any other concert DVD's. // 10

Overall Impression: I think the quality of this DVD lives up to the reputation that Queen had. Every part of the show was top notch. Even the crowd was quite enthusiastic. I remember reading an article on the internet somewhere saying that the crowd was so loud that the band couldn't even hear their own monitors! The sound is brilliant, the band was brilliant, I can't really think of something that wasn't! Definitely worth taking a look at, not terribly expensive either. // 9

More Queen reviews rating latest review
+ Queen Rock Montreal & Live Aid 9.1 12/12/2008