The Fire Review

artist: senses fail date: 10/27/2011 category: dvd
senses fail: The Fire
Released: 2010
The live sound on this DVD is great, this is in my top 3 best live performance's I have ever heard or seen on a music DVD. Definitely a big step up from their last live DVD "Senses Fail: Then And Now".
 Content: 9
 Production Quality: 9
 4.5
review (1) user comments vote for this dvd:
The Fire Reviewed by: Cloudkicker, on october 27, 2011

Sound: The live sound on this DVD is great, this is in my top 3 best live performance's I have ever heard or seen on a music DVD. Singer Buddy Nielson killed it with excellent clean back up vocals from former guitarist Heath Saraceno. When I bought this DVD I did not expect the sound to be such close to recording quality, it is truly amazing. // 9

Content: The quality of this DVD was near recorded album quality, they did not miss a single note from what I could tell the whole show. They played songs from their whole archive, the songs I enjoyed the most were "Steven", "187", "Buried A Lie" and "Family Tradition". Family tradition was especially great to me because of the strong clean side vocals heath gave that harmonized with Buddy's vocals. // 9

Production Quality: The production on this DVD was excellent, great camera shots with great audio pick up. Between songs they broke up the bands interview into different questions or subjects so that you would get a song or two then one of the band members would start talking about something which made it kind of interesting. Definitely a big step up from their last live DVD "Senses Fail: Then And Now". // 9

Overall Impression: Overall this is a must have for any Senses Fail fan, it comes with their new album "The Fire" for a pretty cheap price of 14.99 for the both I would suggest this to just about anyone. The single best thing on this live DVD is the intensity of the vocalists, Buddy looked like he was going to have a nervous breakdown on the stage during some songs and heath was in a state of nirvana just singing and shredding away. So people out there go buy it now! // 9

Comments