If We Could Only See Us Now Review

artist: thrice date: 09/25/2005 category: dvd
thrice: If We Could Only See Us Now
Released: March 29, 2005
This DVD contains live concert footage, behind-the-scenes access to the band and their fans, never-before-seen material, and music spanning the band?s career from their earliest day?s right up to their final tour this year with Dashboard Confessional. Long time Thrice fans will get to relive the band's earliest moments and triumphs, and new fans will get to see how it all started.
 Content: 9.5
 Production Quality: 9.5
 9.8
 9.5
reviews (2) 4 comments vote for this dvd:
If We Could Only See Us Now Reviewed by: punkgtrst096, on april 05, 2005

Sound: Thrice is one of those bands that will always stick out, regardless of what you think of them. Amazing, well written, (and sometimes confusing) lyrics combined with intense, pulse pounding music make for an incredibly ass kicking band. On DVD, If We Could Only See Us Now, the members of Thrice, and their friends, tell the story of how the band came to be, from the beginning to now, with lots of footage from old sk00l shows and clips from the road to help the story along. There's also a lot of footage from the studio, and what they did when they were done laying down their parts for a song. // 10

Content: The DVD features a lot of rare, live footage by the band, like performances of about ten of their songs, as well as music videos. As for hidden stuff, I haven't found anything yet, but you never know. // 10

Production Quality: The people that produced the DVD I think are the same people who design their website. If you've been to the Thrice website, you know the abstract type symbols that pop up every now and then. That's all in the DVD. // 10

Overall Impression: Being the first DVD from a band I've ever bought, I can't compare it to really anything else. I think the most impressive thing about this DVD is that it has clips from their very first show(s). I really like the stuff from the road, since they didn't get a bus until they signed to Island. The things that went on in the van were pretty funny. If it was lost or stolen or whatever, I'd definately buy it again. It came with a CD too, with previously unreleased songs and a lot of B-Sides. If you're a Thrice fan, I highly suggest this DVD. // 10

If We Could Only See Us Now Reviewed by: Zamboni, on september 25, 2005

Sound: The first DVD release from Thrice was surprisingly good for a band's first-time release. It encompasses the band's first six years together, and does so in a relatively organized and interesting way. // 9

Content: The DVD features an hour-and-a-half long biography of the bandmates, and their rise in the music industry. From their indie label days to their epic signing with Island Records, it describes it all in great detail. The bonus features on this DVD includes: many live performances, music videos, and outtakes. // 9

Production Quality: Produced by the EatDrink company, this DVD has excellent production quality. Very visually-appealing graphics, and user-friendly navigation methods make this a high-quality DVD, and a highly entertaining one at that. // 9

Overall Impression: Compared to some other music DVD's I own, this one is by far the best. The most impressive items on this DVD would be the live performance area, and just the general biography. It really summarizes the band and it's members well. I love everything about this, and there really isn't anything to hate. All I can complain about is maybe slow screen refresh rates, i.e. between option selections, but it is by no means a big deal. If lost, I would definitely buy it again. It's worth every penny. // 9

Comments