Live Without A Net Review

artist: van halen date: 08/10/2005 category: dvd
van halen: Live Without A Net
Released: September 14, 2004
This DVD features the complete New Haven concert from the tour to support the bands first album with Sammy Hagar.
 Content: 8
 Production Quality: 8
 9.2
 8.5
 9.8
review (1) 3 comments vote for this dvd:
Live Without A Net Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 10, 2005

Sound: As always, Van Halen's sound was increadibe (Eddie's tone always is). The only camplaint I have is that sometimes the vocals weren't very melodic. They sometimes sounded like some dude yelling into a mic for the fun of it (the worst song for the was "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love). This was mostly because of Sammy running around the stage like a Madman. // 8

Content: This DVD is of a live Van Halen concert. The songs that they picked could have been better, but all of that and more is made up for when Eddie plays one of the most amazing guitar solos of all time (it was around 7 min. of just Eddie). The only song that I didn't like was Michael Anthony's bass solo. I even found my self pushing the mute button and watching the guy fall on his ass! Watch the DVD and see what I mean. // 8

Production Quality: Because it was a live concert, some things weren't as clear as they could be (the vocals were the worst for that) but it was way better then other concert DVDs or CDs that I have heard. In alot of songs, the guitar sounds better on the DVD the in does on the record! // 8

Overall Impression: You've heard me say something negative about every part of the DVD, but I have listed every negative that I could think of! If I was listing positives, I would have to use Microsoft Word! This is a really anazing DVD that was definatly worth my money! Any Eddie Van Halen fan will love it. // 10

More Van Halen reviews rating latest review