AE-309 Review

review (1) pictures (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
AE-309 Reviewed by: Patrick1990, on august 18, 2014

Price paid: € 380

Purchased from: soundZZ, France

Features: Mine was made in 2008 in South Korea. 24 medium frets maple neck. Regular neck. Not very thin, not very wide.

- Chrome Hardware with Grover Tuners and a original Floyd Rose Tremolo
- Bolt-on Maple Neck with Rosewood Fingerboard.
- 25 1/2" scale.
- 2-Single Coil and 1-Humbucker EMG passive pickups with 1-Volume, 1-Tone and 5-way Toggle
- Abalone and Mother-of-Pearl Binding and Dots over this Carved Burl Top
- Chrome Hardwere
- Grover Tuners
- Two way Trussrod
- Hard Maple Neck (bolt on)
- Rosewood arm 25.5"
- Basswood body & Burl Top
- Floyd Rose Tremolo
- Abalone dots and bindings
- Logo Block at 12th fret
- Carved Top. // 10

Sound: My music style goes from Blues to hard rock, it suits them all very nicely.. Using it with various types of amps it sounds very nice for a axe this range. I'm using a Mesa 100w and it sounds like hell. Pink Floyd ("Dark Side... " and "Echoes") sounds perfectly from this babe. No buzz noise at all. A very bright sound thanks to the EMG's. The sustain longs for ages. I think Jazz isn't the real deal playing this axe but all variety I can obtain from it depending on the amp, of course. Pink Floyd, Genesis, Marillion it's what I find this guitar was made for, I believe. Heavy Metal sounds like a bliss, too. It's just not what I'm into these days. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish:

The action is low enough to riffs and smooth to clean tones. PU's were in place to create an ample atmosphere right out of the box. Buttons straps are robust as nails. I already have it for 5 years, playing A LOT, for endless days and still seems brand new. The Floyd is amazing and very robust. I had about 15 guitars already since my teens years and this is a jem. Very underrated brand, I can tell you. Ibanez should learn a couple of things with this company, I assure you that.

- Chrome Hardware
- Grover Tuners is a must for me.
- The Hard Maple Neck (bolt on) stays leveled
- Rosewood 25.5 neck goes forever on lower notes
- Basswood body & Burl Top makes it light Floyd Rose Licensed Tremolo
- Logo Block at 12th fret.

// 9

Reliability & Durability: I play live with it often. Never let me down. The hardware seems to last a lifetime. Drop it several times and it's always ready for more. Solid strap buttons from sure. I play a lot live so I have to got several guitars. Even with .08 strings, only once I had to replace as the show was over (after a 2 hours gig). Of course, I had to replace strings many times but never live. A backup is always a very good idea for a gig for sure. That's mandatory. The finish seems from a Disney enchanted movie. Lovely. It could be heavier, though. I like my guitars to have a more heavy feel. // 9

Overall Impression: My range style goes from A to Z depending on my mood and gig (I play in 3 different bands). I play for 30 years now, owning 3 Fender, 3 American Gibson and a couple of PRS, Ibanez and Schecter. I bought this guitar in France and after 10 min jamming on the music store I was in love. It's the least expensive guitar I have but the one I pass most time using at home. It's addictive. If was stolen I would buy another exactly the same. I love the versatility and the sounding of it. I would prefer that this babe had some more weight. I'm a heavy guy so it seems I have nothing on my hands/shoulders when I play it. Talking to friend from Germany I was told that Acepro is a big name there. Here it is a complete unknown brand. // 9

Comments