AL-3125 Review

7.1
review (1) pictures (3) 6 comments vote for this gear:
AL-3125 Reviewed by: unregistered, on october 14, 2011

Purchased from: Rondo

Features: This is a Korean made Les Paul copy. It's essentially an AL- 3100 series model with a chambered body. All the specs are on the Rondo website.I bought it on sale about one year ago, hence the low price. It has medium, not jumbo, frets, a slim taper neck, and an ebony fretboard. The tuners are Grovers and hold great. I bought an upgraded case as well. It was $60.00 and is well made and fitted. // 8

Sound: I play play in a band and for my own enjoyment. We play blues and rock. We usually play bar gigs twice a month or so. This thing sounds great. I play through a Fender HotRod Deluxe and a Twin Reverb. The pickups are medium high output and can overdrive most amps easily. The tone and volume controls are linear so you have really good control. It sounds like a Les Paul.The chambering doesn't gut it. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The neck was back bowed, virtually unplayable on delivery. I adjusted the truss rod and did a setup. It plays effortlessly now. There were absolutely no flaws. The flamed top and finish are flawless, as are the inlay and binding work. The frets are level, polished, and the edges are smooth. It arrived perfect save the setup. The workmanship is of a high level. // 5

Reliability & Durability: I've gigged with it on many occasions, no problems. I take a backup. The hardware is of good quality. I use straplocks. The finish is durable. You don't get a thin lacquer finish for this price. This is a high quality guitar. It looks, sounds, and plays great. Since it weighs only about eight pounds your gigs will be a lot more comfortable. // 10

Overall Impression: I got back into playing about twenty years ago. I'm most fond of blues, but love to jam and gig, so I also play what makes others happy. This guitar will cover from light rock to lighter metal with no mods. That's the beauty of it. You can easily mod it if need be. I own several fenders and a Sheraton 2. This my third guitar purchase from Rondo. Each has needed a good setup, then they were great. // 9

More Agile reviews rating category latest review
+ Interceptor Pro 727 8 Electric Guitars 12/20/2013