Interceptor 725 MN CP Review

manufacturer: Agile date: 09/26/2013 category: Electric Guitars
Agile: Interceptor 725 MN CP
This guitar can be used on any style of music but the evident appearance of it yells "metal guitar" and it works fantastic in this genre.
 8.3
 8.6
review (1) pictures (3) 1 comment vote for this gear:
Interceptor 725 MN CP Reviewed by: Tenebrion, on september 26, 2013

Purchased from: Rondo Music

Features: This is a South Korean guitar. - A bolt-on neck version of the popular Agile Interceptor - Genuine quilted maple top and double cutaway, light weight, mahogany, arch top body - 25 1/2" scale 3 piece, maple, bolt on neck - Maple fretboard with no markers - position markers are located on the side of the neck - Cepheus Passive 7 pickups - 24 extra jumbo 2.9mm frets and a 13.7" (350mm) radius neck for fast play - Grover die cast tuners - Floyd Rose FRT-S2000 floating tremolo - Volume and tone controls - Reverse headstock // 9

Sound: I really think this guitar can be used on any style of music but the evident appearance of it yells "metal guitar" and it works fantastic in this genre, the pickups on this thing are Cepheus pickups which are made by Agile. They are not bad but are missing some mid range and a more tight low end, the cleans are great though you can easily dial some nice clean tones in it, It sounds very full with my Bugera 6262 and some OD as boost, overall is a great guitar for "metalheads" and other kinda of musician but again is a metal appearance. On this part I will give it a 5 why cause the pickups with lots of gain are not very defined and don't have that mid range or low end control. I might put some SD Pegasus and Sentient soon. // 5

Action, Fit & Finish: On this part I have to say this guitar came perfect condition I can't complain about it, Rondo did a great job sending this one to me the action is extremely low no fret buzz anywhere the floyd stays in tune after heavy use, a lot people have complain about Agiles coming bad from the factory but mine didn't and I'm glad about that I was scared at first but I was put a ease quickly as soon I took it out I fell in love with it, I give a 10 on this part cause it came perfect no factory flaws at all and I live Puerto Rico so it did a a great journey to get to me. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will survive like every other guitar all depends on how good you treat it, if you are a guitar killer well it wont last very long but yes it will do live playing it can travel the straps are in good tight place, I would definitely use it without backups as long I have a extra strings in my case. The finish looks great and that it will last as long I clean it properly, everything about any guitar if you give maintenance all of them will last that a proven fact. So take care of your instruments so that will shine for a long time. // 10

Overall Impression: Yes this guitar is a great match for metal and heavy genres and any other kinda of music just change the pups, I have been playing for guitar for too long and I started teaching a few years back so I know my stuff, I have a few other guitars and its all about maintenance, yes I would buy this guitar again if ever got stolen or lost, the only I do complain about this guitar or any other is the cut away I love upper fret access but still is not good enough reason to stop liking this guitar at all, I love it and if you are considering on buying just buy it and see for yourself. I gave it a 9 cause the Cepheus pickups and the cutaway are important for an "ideal" guitar. // 9

More Agile reviews rating category latest review
+ Valkyrie III 8.4 Electric Guitars 07/21/2014