Septor 828 Review

manufacturer: Agile date: 07/21/2011 category: Electric Guitars
Agile: Septor 828
Agile Sceptor 828 8 String electric guitar made in 2009 in Korea, and the build quality is top notch.
 Reliability & Durability: 9.5
 8.3
 9.3
 7.2
reviews (2) pictures (4) 20 comments vote for this gear:
Septor 828 Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 01, 2011

Price paid: A$ 670

Purchased from: eBay

Features: 24 Jumbo frets on a Rosewood fingerboard and 3pc Hard Maple bolt-on neck with a massive 28.625 scale!!! The best thing about this guitar would have to be the neck. For an 8 string, the neck is massive, but the Koreans have made the neck nice and thin and so easy to hold, that you almost forget your playing an 8 string. It has a nice solid Ash archtop body which vibrates very nicely with a nice polished satin finish. The bridge is Agile's own string through design and is very solid. Basic electronics, Tone, Vol and 3 way switch. Cepheus Alpha in bridge, Cepheus Beta in neck, which were replaced by Seymour Duncan Blackouts by the previous owner before i bought it. Tuners are some nice smooth Grovers with an 18:1 ratio Included was a locking strap and hardcase. The guitar is just about as long as my 35' bass so finding a hardcase within Australia would have been a nightmare. // 10

Sound: The guitar sounds amazing. Real clear and deep cleans, perfect for jazz, but put some distortion through it and the guitar screams. I am only using the guitar through a Behringer 300W bass amp with a Roland GT-10 for effects and it really doesn't sound too bad. Sometimes when playing some heavy stuff and using the F# a lot, it can sound a little dead (amps fault) but apart from that, it is purely spectacular. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The action is perfect, the only thing I would change would be to lift the F# maybe 1mm up just because the notes can sometimes be a bit dead. The pups are in the right spots, real flat with the strings and no dead spots in the strings and basically, it is the most solid guitar ever. Perfect score for its finish. Well done Korea // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is tougher than nails but the only thing i can think of failing on this guitar will be the headstock. its truely a monster at 25cm at the tip to nut. That aside, it will last a lifetime, and because of the simplicity of the hardware, there are no tricky springs to deal with or billions of controls to mess up on you. I would 100% use this guitar live without a backup and the satin finish only looks better with more and more playing. Also, because the Ash is very nicely figured, any scratches or dents just blend in. // 9

Overall Impression: This guitar i find is a perfect match for me. I absolutely love it. I don't like to be constrained to 6 strings and because of the heavy music (Meshuggah, Carcass, Arch Enemy etc), there's no real need to tune down or worry about adjusting string gauges. I have been playing guitar for 5 years or so without lessons and also play bass but really am a drummer. The guitar has impressed me, and the Agile brand really, that if I had the money, I would buy another 3 guitars from them because the finish and build quality surprised me so much that to spend little over $700 will give you a guitar which will give the Ibanez 8 string a run for its money. Before I bought this guitar, I went into the shops to try out the Schecter Damien Elite 8. It felt nice but I found that the strings were a bit floppy cause of its 25.5" scale. The Ibanez I sadly didn't get to try out because they didn't have the 8 string in stock. I tried the 7 string and it felt nice. But I would still say the Agile was nicer just because of its massive scale length (28.625") and the thickness/width of the neck. All in all, I would say to be confident about buying from Agile. They have an awesome track record if you read the reviews of their other guitars, and this is just another near perfect score for them. // 10

Septor 828 Reviewed by: jorgenandre, on july 21, 2011

Purchased from: Rondo music

Features: - Double cutaway light weight Mahogany arch top body with gloss finish. - 28.625" scale 3 piece maple bolt on neck with 24 Jumbo Frets. Fretboard Radius: 16" - Width at the 1st fret 2 1/4" at the 12th 2 13/16" Thickness at the 1st fret: 13/16" at the 12th 15/16". - Rosewood fretboard with no markers. Position markers are located on the side of the neck. - Cepheus "Alpha" passive pickup in the Bridge position and Cepheus "Beta" in the neck position with master volume and tone and 3 way switch. Cavity has been routed large enough to accommodate additional electronics. - String through body "Agile-8" Bridge . - Grover Die-cast Sealed Tuners with 18-1 ratio. - String gauges: .009, .012, .015, .022, .030, .040, .054, .072. // 10

Sound: The sound is no better then my Schecter Omen 7 but what can you expect from a cheap guitar like this. For me when playing with my Engl E530 it sounds great for meshuggah stile. Not so djenty but a good tone. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The top 3 strings rasstle a bit when you hit but maybe it's the strings or the intonation. The body is large but I like it a lot! Feels like your playing a monster guitar and that's nice. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I will play this guitar live and it seems to be a very good guitar for the price and better than Ibanezes! // 10

Overall Impression: I play the most styles. Now I'm into djent music/sound and maybe with some pedals I kan recieve it. The only bad thing I see is that you need to get it from Rondomusic and the ship it. Too bad it cost half the guitar just shipping and shit! Like 8stings? Get this one. // 9

More Agile reviews rating category latest review
+ Valkyrie III 8.4 Electric Guitars 07/21/2014