714-STD Review

9.2
 6.5
review (1) pictures (4) 26 comments vote for this gear:
714-STD Reviewed by: UG Team, on august 08, 2011

Features: It was made in 2010, manufactured in Japan. It has 22 frets, a rosewood fretboard, Alder body, solid top, chrome finish, Strat style design with a tele-style Bridge with a whammy bar, I'm not sure of the electronics, has volume and tone controls with 5-way selector of 2 single coils and a hum bucker with a crappy black cloth around it. It came with a bag three picks a strap and a cable. // 9

Sound: I mostly play AC/DC, Metallica, and some Green Day, it suites my music style. Has a really great overall tone with a good clean and a bit bright highs. It has quite a bit of sustain at high gain levels (or that Is bound to happen). I use it with a Nux Mighty 8 amp which has several distortion effects as well as many chorus type effects, the fact is that it's not loud enough I love to use it with my school 200 watt mini tone amp, they both create a hell of skull crushing noise even at just 1/4th of it's volume. In short, If used with an louder amp and an pedal, It will really impress anyone with it's tonal variety. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Action was great, it was well set up, the only fact that took me aback was that it's causing a buzzing sound at the b string when played at the fifteenth fret. It really frustrates me as the finish catches finger prints and scratches quite easy. After two days of buying it, its back was scratched due to being laid on a chain. // 8

Reliability & Durability: It does seem bit fragile, it recently was mysteriously chipped and the wood on the inside was visible It was horrifying, but still, I would say that for a person like me who will not care enough to keep it on it's stand but to keep it where I play It. This was bound to happen. The hardware's gonna last for quite some years with some caring, this guitar's finish is NOT thin and has lasted for the time being and I'm sure will last for quite some time. I've used it for a gig and hv to say it's strap buttons are solid, they haven't failed me in the jumps and head bangs. // 9

Overall Impression: I play alternative rock, metal and some AC/DC, for me it has suited my style completely. I have been playing for close to three years now and I own an old, bent, Givson Venus Spl. (copy of Gibson). I wish I had asked for a hum bucker at the Bridge but never mind, it still does what I want it to, and oops I forgot, my crappy amp (not even 10-watts) (that's great for it's effects) cannot le me put the volume enough to be heard in a classroom, (pity). I wished I had a Roland or a Marshall 15 or 20 watts with this one to compliment it's effects. If it were stolen or lost I would buy the same thing or a notch higher, the CST whose looks are better and has Ibanez like strips on the frets. Overall I'm in love with this thing, especially. The rich tonal diversity as compared to the Warlock and the Fender Strat that cost $300 and more. But If I got a lot of money and skills, I would go and buy a 30 watt Marshall and gig this thing in the assembly and make everyone shit in their pants! // 10

More Aria reviews rating category latest review
+ Conrad Les Paul 6.8 Electric Guitars 12/04/2013