MAC-45 Review

manufacturer: Aria date: 05/25/2010 category: Electric Guitars
Aria: MAC-45
This guitar is like a Les Paul, Strat and Ibanez all in one. It dosnt look like it, but it weighs a TON.
 6.6
 7.2
review (1) pictures (1) 17 comments vote for this gear:
MAC-45 Reviewed by: Shoji001, on may 25, 2010

Purchased from: Sticks + Strings

Features: Year - don't know, but it was brand new from ordering Frets - 24 See-thru black finish Body - Alder? I think Neck - Maple with rosewood fingerboard Superstrat shape Bolt on neck Lisensed Floyd Rose Passive pickups 1 vol, 1 tone 5 way switch Coil tap switch 2 'buckers, 1 coil no-name tuners Locking nut (with floyd) no accessories Pretty average really, what would you expect from a 300 axe. One thing I must say, this guitar is like a Les Paul, Strat and Ibanez all in one. It dosnt look like it, but it weighs a TON. // 7

Sound: Ok, for starters I play everything... blues, Acoustic to thrash. And I needed a guitar that could handel all. The pickups arnt great, just ordinary stock pickups. They can handel high-gain, but not as well as EMG's. But this also means it can do really good cleans. I use all pickup con-figs, a total of 9 becaues of the CT. It has so much variaty its almost unbelivable. it can do strat, LP, anything. It has balls to, just like a LP. At the moment, I'm running through a Line6 Spider IV, but also a Marshall MG10. They both sound AWESOME with this guitar. Alot of people dout the MG10, but its amazing! I can get Hendrix, Metallica, Clapton ANYTHING out of this guitar and my MG! This guitar also has SOOO MUCH SUSTAIN! Strum and E powerchord and just listen to it resonate! I timed it, 30+ seconds! Now that is a long time. I gave it 7 because it has variaty, but it can't do somthing extrodinarly well, like a start, or a full on metal axe. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: I don't know how well the factory did it, because it was set up for me before I got it. That said, it still wasn't set up well, the action was waay to low. I ajusted the pickups to my hight, got it properly set up. But now visable flaws or anything. Fortunatly, the floyd stays in tune nicely, I dive-bombed it in the shop many times to try and get it out of tune, but it didn't! 6 because I had to pay to set it up properly. // 6

Reliability & Durability: I imediatly put strap-locks on it. This guitar is built like a tank, I've dropped it many times and though the finish has lots of bumps and scrapes, it just looks kick-ass. This guitar would break the floor, not itself! I would and I have giged with a backup, only because of the Floyd Rose though, not the electronics or anything. // 8

Overall Impression: Overall, this is a nice guitar! If your looking for a good, not to expensive 2nd guitar, then this is a good choice. If you play a lot of diffrent styles, then its about as good as you can get in this price range. If your looking to be more METAL though, I would recomend the LTD MH250 (trem or no trem) as it has EMG HZ's, thru neck and a floyd I gave it an 8 overall because its just a good guitar, sure there are better but this is 300, what more do you want! If you wana be picky just same up 3x as much and buy a guitar not 3x better. the onlything I don't like is the fret acses. Not the greatest for shred but you can still get up there. Its a bolt-on.. What can you do. NEM // 8

More Aria reviews rating category latest review
+ Pro II ST600 6.8 Electric Guitars 08/27/2014