STG-003 Review

manufacturer: Aria date: 03/27/2013 category: Electric Guitars
Aria: STG-003
Solid alder body, strat style, maple bolt on neck, 22 frets, rosewood fingerboard, 3 single coil pick-ups, 5 position switch, floating tremolo bridge, 1 volume and two tone controls, chrome hardware.
 Reliability & Durability: 7.6
 Action, Fit & Finish: 7.1
 Features: 7.8
 7.7
 7.6
 7.8
reviews (17) pictures (8) 22 comments vote for this gear:
STG-003 Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 01, 2005

Features: This is a great guitar but it has its flaws eg, it is a bit heavy and such but its good for newbies. It has a Strat style and 3 single coil pickups. It has 22 frets with a passive electronic system to it. It also has 1 volume control 2 tone controls and a 5-way pickup selector. // 8

Sound: This suits most styles and I play alot of styles mostly rock, heavy metal ect. I don't have any foot pedals or anything with it but you get a 10 watt amp with it with a built in overdrive button. The sound is a clean sound all round but nothing to spectacular. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: The neck is bolted on to the body at the back and is carved fairlly well but the neck tends to bend sometimes like mine but thats probably because its second hand. The bridge is of a good quality, hasnt let me down yet but nothing else has gone wrong. // 4

Reliability & Durability: The guitar might stand live playing but I wouldnt bet on it. It will probably last 2, 3 gigs but not more than that. The strap buttons are very solid but the strap that comes with it tends to be crappy and I suggest you buy a new one. The finish is solid and will not wear with exesive playing. I wouldn't use it in a gig without a backup though. // 4

Overall Impression: The overall guitar is good but will not last too long. I play fast rock and heavy metal and it hasn't worn yet. this is a second hand guitar for me and I have owned it for about a 4 months now but I don't expect it to last 2 years. I dont own anything else for this guitar exept an Aria 10 watt amp. If it was stolen I would buy a diferent guitar and not this it is worth the money but it is cheap. If there was one thing I wished this guitar had it would be a better neck. My favorite feature would be the 5-way pickup selectors on it they give the guitar a great veriaty in sounds. One thing I hate is sometimes when your playing you hear a buzzing sound, faint but it's there. // 8

STG-003 Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 08, 2004

Purchased from: Windjammer Music, Oxfordshire

Features: The Aria STG-003 is a 22-fret Strat, made in a beautiful laminate finish. There is a main volume control, plus two tone controls, and a pickup selector. The pick-up selector is a 5-position Switch for the three OS-1X single coil pick-ups. It features a fairly lightweight Alder body, and a maple neck, with a rosewood fingerboard. It is 648 mm long and includes no accessories other than a wangy bar, but the shop where I bought mine included a strap, plectrums, a wall mount and a ritter case. // 8

Sound: The STG-003 is a great guitar for all sounds. With the right knowledge you can easily achieve a classic acoustic guitar, clean guitars, jazz guitars, overdrive and SERIOUS distortion! The sound quality is excellent whether you want to recieve a high quality clean sound or a distorted sound that the BFG couldn't recognise as a guitar! // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Between getting the guitar and writing this report the only adjustment I have had to make was tuning it, and fitting the strap. The fittings for the strap are brilliant, and the chrome fittings for the strings, lead and tuning. The neck is excellent quality and the wood is perfectly carved. The laminate wood is clean but unfortunately easy to smudge. However the fingerboard was scratched when I got the guitar and I paid for a brand new one. // 8

Reliability & Durability: You could play cricket with the STG-003 and rely on it at an NEC concert man. It would last Jimi Hendrix many concerts and you could hang a landrover off it without damaging the strap buttons - just your shoulders. But it's not a good idea to play a gig without a back-up...or you might have to borrow somebody else's. And if that person's a leftie then your busted. // 10

Overall Impression: Why buy a Fender for a few hundred bucks when you can get an Aria for 120? // 10

STG-003 Reviewed by: CoolNamesTaken, on may 12, 2006

Features: It's a pretty basic Strat, 22 frets, maple neck with rosewood fingerboard. Bolt-on neck with alder body. Has 1 volume control, 2 tone controls and 3 single coiled pickups and a 5-way pickup switch thing. Comes with gig bag, crappy strap, cable, harmonica like tuner, and an amp (with whammy bar). // 8

Sound: The sound is clear atleast with the amp is comes with and the 5-way pickup thing really gives a great variety of sounds you can easily get basically any style with it so its really great for begginers. I mostly play grunge/rock and it fits that style very well but I bet it can fit any style. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: It's basically well made just that the nut is kind of weak, it snapped in half while I was changing the strings but that can be replaced though and the tuning pegs can loosen up which makes tuning a bit tricky other than that its perfect. // 7

Reliability & Durability: Yes it will withstand live playing but its a bit heavey so buy a heavy duty strap or else you are screwed. I've been playing it as much as possible so like 5 hours a day and had it for a good 3 years now and only recently has a problem occured yet a minor problem, while changing strings the nut cracked and broke in half but it can be easily replaced. Other than that I believe it will last a very long time no back up guitar needed in gigs. // 9

Overall Impression: The guitar fits my style of music and I've been playing for 3 years with it so I know it is reliable. It's definetly the perfect choice for begginers but if it got stolen id probably buy something along the lines of a Gibson SG or a Les Paul. Probably the best thing about this guitar might be the 5-way selector thing. // 10

STG-003 Reviewed by: soad_malakian, on july 14, 2006

Features: This is a 24 fret Strat shape maple neck guitar. It's a got a farely average finish. The electronics are good, it has one volume control and two tone controls. The 5-way tone is ofcourse the most impressive feature of this guitar. The pickups are good and are still. The only problem is the body gets finger marks pretty easily. My deal included a gig bag, strap, cables, and a tuner. All were decent except the strap. I would reccomend to buy a new one. A great guitar for begginers. // 8

Sound: The sound suits all music styles. I personally use it for grunge and metal but I am pretty sure it will suit all. I use it with a Marshall ten watt amp. This guitar is really neat with clean as well as distortion. Always put the volume up when playing, do all the rest of the volume controls through the amp. The sound is quite full and interesting. Make sure you use all the 5 tones because you can go straight from a deep to an extremely bright sound. Though there is a slight buzzing it is still a great guitar. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar is nice and is not at all easy to spoil. Most things in the guitar are good but the nobs are slightly weird making it tough to tune. The guitar didn't contain any flaws except I have broken a number of strings while tuning so I guess the knobs aren't that good. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I think this guitar should be able to stand a live perfomanace but keep one more guitar as back up. The hardware will last really long as its rough and made just for the begginer. The strap buttons aren't very good and i advise you buy a new strap. It's not very easy to wear off so it should around 2 to 3 years at least. // 7

Overall Impression: It's a god match for metal, but its not reliable for slightly acoustica stuff like Jack Johnson. My music style is metal so I am quite pleased. I have been playing for 6 months now and this is my first guitar before this I was playing bass and I had a Squier bass. If it were stolen or lost I'd buy something like a Gibson SG or a BC Rich. I love the way its simple but yet amazing. I hate the way it gets dirty so easily, but then again every guitar has its flaws. My favourite feature would be the 5-way tone which gives me more versitality while playing. Compared to the Squier this owns because the Squier is really not up to the mark. Before I purchased this guitar I checked out my mate's squire and it really was bad. The neck especially. The neck kept bending and his strings couldn't take high stress.Plus in indian rupees his cost around 27000 bucks (Indian) with his Behringer amp. Mine cost around 10,000 bucks (Indian) with a Marshall amp. See the difference, and plus this guitar kicked the squiers ass. This couldn't be as good as a Strat (obviously) but it is a better option than the Squier. If you have around 30, 000 indian then you could go buy a Strat but if your'e on lower budget like me than this is the best deal you could have. Overall I would recomend this to any begginer or anybody with a low budget. Even if you can afford a Squier, buy this 'cause you'll be saving a lot of cash and in anycase the Aria STG-003 is much better. // 8

STG-003 Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 27, 2013

Features: For what it comes with it really is an excellent unit. I bought mine as a hotrod/modding platform because its almost identical to a Fender without the price tag. In terms of build quality I would say its just as good as a Fender Strat. In terms of hardware; it definitely falls short. The body I believe is Alder 3-piece, but I think it really depends on the guitar you get with how many pieces it will be. It comes with a Standard Strat control layout; 1 volume, 2 tone and 5-way selector switch. The hardware does not appear to be branded, so I would think just cheap Chinese assembly parts. // 6

Sound: The pickups are pretty rubbish. This is a "beginners" model afterall and much like the Squier Strat's they just don't produce exceptional sound. The tones are bland a lifeless and I could only play mine for 10 minutes before I just had to do something about it. Once these a swapped out for something good (I personally put a set of Fender Tex Mex in mine) it really comes to life. The pots are a little substandard but do the job and the 5-way switch is crisp. As stock, I think the pickups are more suitable for clean tones than anything with distortion. // 4

Action, Fit & Finish: Everything about the action, fit and finish is flawless. Everything came setup from the factory. Under the hood there is a swimming pool route so you can throw in humbuckers, P90s, filtertrons or whatever your heart desires. I do like this feature, it comes "mod-ready". The fret work was perfect (no sharp edges) and it just plays really well. The neck finish is also really nice on the hands. Its not glossy, more of an oil-based finish and it gives it that natural look. The body however has a hard poly finish which combined with the colour range it comes in looks really nice. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Out of the box it might be risky gigging with this, but after a tune up and some replacements it's definitely a keeper. The hardware holds up pretty well. The nut will need to be swapped out and maybe a new set of tuners over time but everything looks good. The finish will last a lifetime no worries. Because its a poly finish it will never fade or wear off with general use. I would recommend using some scratch and swirl remover polish on it yearly to make it Shine up again and preserve the finish. // 8

Overall Impression: I do love this guitar. My scores are based on "as is/stock"... Overall its a 7/10 from me. It is what it is; a beginner's Strat that is cheap but doesnt't skimp on the build quality. After upgrading the pickups, tuners and nut mine is easily a 9/10 and would rival any Fender out there. Aria really have made a great guitar here that, when tinkered with, is one of the best value buys out there. If you're looking for a beginner's guitar: I would highly recommend buying this over a Squier. If you're an advanced player: consider this a "shell" when you purchase it. Make the changes I recommended and you'll have an axe I guarantee you'll keep forever. // 7

STG-003 Reviewed by: UG Team, on july 07, 2003

Features: I bought it in 2002, so made 2001-2002. It has 22 frets, solid top. 1 volume Switch, 2 tone, 5 way pickup selector, bolt on neck.3 single open coil pickups(os-1x). Body is alderwood, neck is made of maple and bolts on. my guitar is satin finished but u can get them in several different finishes. Beautiful Strat body styling, ith a roseboard neck. all for 115, a great guitar for the money. // 6

Sound: I play a lot of rock and metal, but find that it dosent always produce the rich, full, powerful sounds I want. I play it through the 3rd pickup, (treble) because it gives a nice, bright sound, the first and second pickups semm to be a little dull. It makes a lot of veriety of sounds and is very easy to play. Likes - the price, great looks and stylings, dislikes - quite dull pickups, not so powerful or rich sounding. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was a little high straight from the factory but felt a million dollars compared to my Yamaha dreadnaught acoustic. It was also out of tune on certain frets (cant remember which) but I took it baq to the shop and they gladly lowered the action as low as it could go (beautiful) and fixed my internation problems. There wer no flaws at all. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I think it will stand live playing with the right amp. The hardware looks like it will last forever and the finish is beautiful and looks like it will remain that way for a long time. I feel i can depend and rely on this guitar at a gig without backup, I havent had any problems with it as of yet and i play it 1-3 hours a day. // 8

Overall Impression: I have only been seriously playing about 7 or 8 months (february 2002) and have improved dramatically since gettin this guitar (end of june 2002) and now am a competent player (so ive been told). I only own a Yamaha dreadnaught other than this. i play this through a "Hohner panther mega 10" amp which is a great amp, its 20 watts but is called the mega 10 for sum reason. It was supposed to cost 89 but I got the whole package with gig bag, lead, tuner, amp, guitar(139), plenty of plecs an stuff all for 183. Since this is a beginners guitar you do get a lot for the money and is far better than the basic Squier Strat in that the action is lower, the frets are bigger, its has a nicer sound, nicer finish on the hardware, the paint job, and basically looks like it will last forever while the squiers dont look like they will last five minutes. if this was stolen or lost I would probably find myself bying a Vintage les paul either the bolt neck for 169 or the set neck for 199. But this is a hella lotta guitar 4 the money, well worth it. I only compare this baby to the basic 140 (or complete-200) squiers, staggs, etc any thing within the same price range. I tried all the other Strat copies but this is the only one I felt comfortable with although the staggs did look very nice. I wish it had humbuckers to get rid of that annoying buzzing and feedback. this is the best guitar going for the money, get out there and try one. // 10

STG-003 Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 09, 2005

Features: This is the first guitar I got. It is the cheapest around and it is meant for beginners. It's the kind you get in the box with the accessories. I don't know what year it was made. It has 22 frets, a maple neck and it is built like a Strat. The bridge style is sting-thru body. It has 1 volume control and 2 tone controls. The pickups are 3 single coils. The things it come with are a gig bag, a cable, a strap, video lessons, a 10 watt amp, a whammy bar, a tuner, and tools. // 6

Sound: It sounds ok I guess. There is fret buzz and it isnt a very heavy guitar. It's more of a clean sounding guitar, but still it's mediocre. I play rock and metal and it suits the rock dependig on the amp you play it on. But it does not suit the metal. I need a guitar with some humbuckers! With this guitar its pretty easy to get that bluesy feel out of it. // 4

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar is not set up very well. The socket for the cable comes loose a lot. And the knobs can easily be loosened. The whole guitar scratches very easily. And If it is hit it makes marks. The nut came half way off so I had to glue it semi back in place. The part where the neck and body comes together is cracked. The fretboard gets gritty and dirty very easily. The action isn't very low so you can't do some major shredding uless your good. // 2

Reliability & Durability: I doubt this guitar would withstand the live show. It is not strong enough. I think that after two years playing with this guitar you will need to buy a new one. I have been playing a little over a year and a half. I would have two backups for this guitar in a gig. With lots of playing not only will it scrath like crazy it will probably wear off too. // 4

Overall Impression: For a first guitar it isn't that bad of a choice because you don't know if you will be really good or not or just give it up. It's better to buy a 200 dollar guitar with accessories and upgrade then to buy an 900 dollar guitar and suck. I have proggresed pretty well with this but it is still not very good. I only reccomend this to little knowledgeble beginners. // 6

STG-003 Reviewed by: Pirateruler, on october 30, 2006

Purchased from: Sharjah

Features: It has few wide frets at the beginining and the body is a Strat style. It looks like a Strat and the strings are not hard. It's an excellent guitar though. It has few wide frets at the beginining and the body is a Strat style. It looks like a Strat and the strings are not hard. It's an excellent guitar though. It has few wide frets at the beginining and the body is a Strat style. It looks like a Strat and the strings are not hard. It's an excellent guitar though. // 10

Sound: This guitar can play everything from Under the Bridge (Red Hot Chili Peppers) to Smoke on the water (Deep Purple)! I used it with an Aria AG10 Amp and there was a little buzzing sound but other than that it was excellent. It has few wide frets at the beginining and the body is a Strat style. It looks like a Strat and the strings are not hard. It's an excellent guitar though. It has few wide frets at the beginining and the body is a Strat style. It looks like a Strat and the strings are not hard. It's an excellent guitar though. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Again, it was very well done but I think the E string was little out of tune and the body was slightly dusty. The rest was excellently wrapped and provided with a gig bag. It has few wide frets at the beginining and the body is a Strat style. It looks like a Strat and the strings are not hard. It's an excellent guitar though. It has few wide frets at the beginining and the body is a Strat style. It looks like a Strat and the strings are not hard. It's an excellent guitar though. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Very reliable and durable, but if you sit and play for long like it's an acoustic guitar, then the strap may come out, but not while standing then the strap is solid. The strap buttons are totally solid. It's dependable but having a backup can do no harm, better safe than sorry. And the finish looks like it will last forever so does the hardware. // 9

Overall Impression: This is one of the best beginning electric guitars and it doesn't cost much either. It has lot of variety and is very durable too. THe sound is also excellent. If it got stolen/lost, I would like to try out another Aria model, for checking out other guitars but this would definitely be my second option if not first. Aria STG series plays excellently and hardly costs anything. // 10

STG-003 Reviewed by: CrossBack7, on april 21, 2007

Purchased from: Music House

Features: The STG-003 includes 22 fairly large frets, an alder body, a rosewood fretboard, a Strat style body, one volume and two tone controls, chrome hardware, locking tuners, a 5-way selector, three single-coil pickups, transparent finish, pick-guard, passive electronics, and a tremolo bridge. It came with a gig bag, strap, cable, AG10 amp, whammy bar, a cheap pitch pipe used for tuning, nine gauge strings, and tools. // 9

Sound: I like to jump around to different styles when I play, and it sounds pretty good on all of them. It can give you a good blues sound on clean and a harder rock sound if you use distortion with it. You can get a lot of different sounds by messing with the 5-way selector. If you are looking to play hardcore metal then buying some humbucker pickups would help you to receive the raunchier sound that you might be looking for. I use an AG10 amp, which is an excellent amp for the size and price. It's good for practice or if you just want to jam with some of your friends. I'm not a big fan of pedals, so I don't use any with it. If you push the selector all the way to the fifth setting and really crank up the gain on your amp then you will get some feedback, but once you start to play it is not too noticable. It has a very nice sound either clean or with distortion. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The only thing I had to change with the guitar was the tuning of the G string and the length of the strap. The finish is very good and for the year and a half that I've had the guitar, I've had no problems with it. The only maintenance I ever do on it is cleaning the fretboard and replacing the strings periodically. As long as you take good care of it, it should last you for a very long time. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I would most definetely use this guitar if I was going to play in front of a small group of people (friends, family, etc.) If it was going to to be playing for a larger audience (more than 50 or so people) then I'd probably try to get a bigger amp at least. It's always good to have a backup on a gig, as you might break a string etc. The hardware seems like it will last for as long as I have the guitar, and the finish still looks great. As long as you have a decent strap, the strap buttons are great. The jack where you plug the cord into the guitar got a little loose once, but all I had to do was twist it in a bit. Not a problem since. // 8

Overall Impression: I play a good bit of everything (blues, hard rock, a bit of metal, punk rock, etc.) and it seems to do fairly well at everything. It lacks a bit of the heaviness in metal, but I think that could be fixed by replacing the single coil pickups with some humbuckers. I wish I had known the strap that comes with it is pretty crappy when I had bought it, just so I could've saved myself a trip in getting a better one. I've been playing for about a year and a half, and I also own an Asheville acoustic. The one thing I would've liked it to have had was a humbucker pickup or two. I love the 5-way selector though. The only thing I really find wrong with it is that it gets some minor feedback sometimes (another reason I want a humbucker or two) and that my G string tends to get out of tune a bit more than usual (though this often happens on even the most expensive guitars). I did my research before I bought it and compared it to the Fender Squire. As well as coming with an amp and being much cheaper, it also sounded better to me. I had heard that Squires usually didn't last much more than a year without requiring some work on them, and I just wanted something I could learn on. I checked out some reviews on each and asked around; this seemed to be the better choice. If it was stolen, I would probably buy an Ibanez just because I want to try out some more distinct types of guitars too. It's an excellent guitar for beginners, and I highly reccommend it. // 9

STG-003 Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 28, 2009

Purchased from: eBay

Features: Mine is technically an Ariana, which is the '02-'03 name for the STG series. It's got 22 frets, Rosewood fingerboard, regular frets. It's kinda laminated, but it's got better tone than my friend's Squier Strat. It's got a beautiful blue finish that you can see the grain through, Strat shape, and a thru-body with down trem bridge. One volume, two tones (I can't figure out what tone does, though, ) five way Switch. I guess the pickups are Aria, they don't have any kind of label on them. They're single coils, and only hum when you're only on one pickup (mainly bridge, I stay mid-neck.) Tuners don't lock, but that's fine. It came with a gig bag, a couple picks, the trem bar, and a little practice amp. // 8

Sound: It suits my style, which is whatever I feel like, actually very well. It's not so much a two-hand tapper, but it does wail out trem-picked Dick Dale stuff perfectly. I use it with a Behringer GM108 (dubbed 'Little Bastard') and a Zoom 506 bass pedal. Like I said earlier, the pickups only really buzz when only one pickup is in use. It can make all kinds of weird noises, my personal favorite is dropping to D, strumming the bottom two strings, mashing the trem to the body, and revving it like a motorcycle (listen to Bat Out Of Hell by Meatloaf, it's awesome.) The tone is a little bright, but a little down tuning (C#-C#!) can fix that. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Action was a little high, and I think I lowered it too much, because the eighth fret on the low E it buzzes a tad. The pickups were great, but I adjusted them a little to get a more penultimate awesome sound. Bridge was routed great, top well done. The only problem that I could find with the controls was that the previous owner didn't take all the wrap off the bottoms of the knobs, and the tip on the selector is a little loose. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I haven't played Live yet, so I don't know how good it'll survive, but I've walked throught doorways wrong, put the neck back on badly, and even almost bent the tuner, but it still sings. The buttons could probably survive a Chevy commercial and beat out the truck, though. I can definitely depend on it, and the only damage I can see is where I dropped it against my bed's metal frame and only got a nick. // 10

Overall Impression: The first time I played Iron Man (my first song! ) I was blown away. I've been playing for only five months, and this, a few cheap (two were gifts!) pedals, the practice amp that came with it, and the GM108. I generally play, well, anything! I can go from Dick Dale to Day Tripper to Dream Theater in one sitting, just because my left hand wanders with my mind. If it were lost or stolen, I would probably hunt it down and strangle the guy with piano wire, not buy a new one. I love that it is so light, has a thinner neck than a genuine Strat I played at Guitar Center, and that it's finish is so beautiful. What do I hate? Probably that it doesn't have a floating bridge and locking nut. My favorite feature would have to be that clang you get when you strum right at the bridge. I didn't compare it, I just saw it, saw that it was in my price range, checked it out, and went for it. Like I said before, though, I really wish it had a floating bridge. Final Note: My cousin has a PRS Santana Signature model, and I think my guitar has a sweeter tone. // 10

STG-003 Reviewed by: AlphAlphA, on july 03, 2009

Price paid: C$ 375

Purchased from: Remenyi Music

Features: I don't know how to locate the date of manufacture, but I suppose it was this or last year, [2008-2009]. I was told it was made in Korea. It has 22 frets, rosewood neck, alder body, high gloss sunburst finish. It's a Strat knockoff with 3 pickups, S S S. Five way Switch combines the middle with the upper or lower pickup for humbucker effect and no buzz. It has one volume control and a tone control for the upper or lower single or pairs of pickups. I bought the guitar as a package but I changed the included amp for a Roland Micro Cube. // 10

Sound: I've only had the guitar 6 weeks. I'm teaching myself to play. The amp has a lot of effects, and the guitar pickups offer a lot of tonal variety. I'm learning ballads and I play with a very clean sound now, but it will give me loads of distortion, echo, reverb, clean, dirty, and it can be loud in my apartment, but everyone says it won't do on stage. It would be OK for busking. When the switch is set to a single pickup, the guitar will buzz, but it's not a problem, it's an effect. The in-between settings are clean. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was well assembled. I looked at three or four in the shop. Some had frets I could feel beyond the edges of the neck. The one I bought was smooth. The only problems were some rough screw heads on the pick guard. We switched them from a damaged model. The whammy bar thread was defective and we took a good one off the damaged guitar too. Except for those little things the guitar is well put together. The paint job is beautiful. Everything looks and feels good. It's a real pleasure to own. I'm eager to learn with it. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I think this is a well made guitar. I don't have enough experience to judge performance, but I believe it will serve me well and for a long time. Everything looks and feels solid. The finish is a high gloss polish that sparkles. The hardware looks very well made, with no rough or unfinished elements. There were minor flaws that we took care of in the shop. The wood grain is attractive. This looks like it should cost a lot more. I almost bought a MIM Strat for twice as much, but I'm very happy with this Aria. // 10

Overall Impression: Right now I'm learning chords. I've had this guitar 6 weeks. I practice every day. My fingertips are toughening and I feel no pain now. I have an old classical that I bought without knowing that the neck had come off and was bolted on at a bad angle. The action is a mile high. I couldn't understand why I wasn't getting anywhere, and it was always going out of tune. Well after that, I'm finally getting somewhere with this Aria. I'm very pleased with it. I want to learn ballads, Carrickfergus the way van Morrison sang it, and Hallelujuah the way Jeff Buckley performed it. I'd like to learn to play the Blues, folk, and to play the way the masters do, when they send me into a dream. // 10

STG-003 Reviewed by: carlosthegr8, on november 24, 2009

Features: this guitar is a good for a starter and it can be brought in a good pack. The pack I brought included gigbag, strap, picks, allen wrenchs (although I never found out why) and a 'the cable guys' jack. anyway it has flaws like it is sorta heavy like for example it's like near the same weight as an Ibanez grg170(I think thats what it was). It has three single coils like most strats, 22frets, volume and 2 tone. I don't no too much about the pick ups all I know is that there single coils. // 8

Sound: It suit's my style witch is like metal to jimi hendrix style stuff and it sound's ok. It dosent sound too great on my 10watt Aria pratice amp but thats what I have to Live with lol. Distroted if it's up lol enought you can get a pretty good tone. It suffers a bit when clean so I recommend playing clean on the bridge and middle selection. Distorted I leave on bridge. If you own a better amp like a (for example) Vox, Marshall or Roland cube (these are the other amps I have play it on ) it sounds nice on any setting but these are expensive amps so anthing sound good. It's nice enought distorted but it struggles on clean. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: It is a bolt on neck and it is all very well curved this could of just been me but I had a problem with the G tuning peg and I did fix it but it was frustrating to tune the guitar then 10mins later the G has gone out of tune also all the pegs are not tightend fair some feel too tight and other are loose it can be fixed but it's carelessly made to be honest. These are pretty big flaws. // 5

Reliability & Durability: I honestly would play this live if I had a choice but I'm with it til christmas so... i wouldent depend on it. it's more of a pratice guitar the finish is solid but the fret board get really dirty over time and it shows up but thats going to happen so live with it. // 6

Overall Impression: I play metal Live and stuff. I have only been play a year-ish but I no my stuff. If it was stolen I wouldent rebuy cus I have just order my secound guitar witch is an ESP LTD M-100FM I shall write a review in the new year. I forgot to mention that I got a 10watt Aria practice amp with it and thats not that awesome tbh. // 6

STG-003 Reviewed by: unregistered, on december 21, 2010

Features: Strat style alder body. Maple neck. Rosewood fretboard, 22 frets. Floating trem bridge, which is ok, but not excellent. Volume knob, 2 tone knobs and a 5-way pickup selector. Got an amp with it, which is ok. Also got a strap, which isn't reliable, as more than once it has loosened and my guitar has nearly whacked off the ground. Got a gig bag too. 3 single coil pickups. // 5

Sound: I play lots of different music, mainly funk rock and classic rock. It suits my style quite well. I use the Aria AG10 amp I got with it, which is. Ok, but not excellent. Quite a bright sound. Distortion is suprisingly good, abd cleans are, well, clean. Nothing remakable. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: Action was terrible when I got it, and I had to adjust it to get anywhere near good. Pickups were fine, didn't have to adjust them. The finish smudges and scratches easily and wasn't of the best quality. The fretboard was scratched when I got it, but not seriously. // 4

Reliability & Durability: I've never played live, but this guitar's electronics are NOT reliable. They gave up after about four months.the strap buttons are solid enough. I would definetley not play it without a backup. The finish isn't great as I said before. In general it's not such a reliable guitar. // 5

Overall Impression: I've been playing about five months, but I had to get another guitar after about four months as it broke. If it was stolen or lost, frankly I wouldn't care. I would not get the same guitar again. I really don't like the fretboard, which is extremely flat, so its quite uncomfortable playing chords. Overall, I don't like this guitar. // 4

STG-003 Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 06, 2011

Features: Well, you can read others for specific details. It's a Strat copy, which I did not get with an amp because I got it second hand. It's a 22 fret thin neck, or at least I think it's quite thin. It's a triple single coil configuration with a 5 way switch, as normal. // 10

Sound: I've been playing for about 7 years now and I bought this guitar as a side project. The 3 single coil pickups one there are okay, nothing spectacular but good for the price nevertheless. If you use it clean then you can get quite a nice tone out of it, quite close in fact to more expensive pickups. However once they touch distortion they sound very weak indeed, they also buzz quite a lot. A few weeks ago I upgraded the pickups to some Seymour Duncans, and it goes without saying that the tone is much better now. However for beginners, which is who this guitar is aimed at, they are fine. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: I received it in a bit of a bad state, the previous owner forgot he still had it. But once I buffed it up and gave it a full clean the guitar is now awesome. I have mine set to a relatively low action, beforehand it was too high for my preference, whether that's how they are factory made or not I don't know. Pickups were adjusted fine, it seems no matter where you put them though they will always buzz through distortion. Considering this was once an abandoned guitar, it looks factory standard, and I've had no problems with any part of the guitar lacking in quality. // 10

Reliability & Durability: If you kept with the same pickups and played it "straight from the box", I don't think it would hold up to live playing. They just don't offer a thick enough sound. With build quality wise you could completely trust this guitar to last for a long time, I have not replaced anything on the guitar after it's mistreating except of course the strings. Aria really do produce some brilliant, well made guitars and this is one of them. The quality of finish on the wood is superb too, like a real Fender. Very sturdy guitar you can trust. // 10

Overall Impression: If you're looking for a starter guitar, or you want a cheap Fender body that you don't mind upgrading, then this is the guitar for you. It's hard to say that it's tone is weak when it costs so little. The build quality is fantastic and I can see it lasting for years to come. It's also a very comfortable guitar to play on, the radius of the neck seems perfect to me. When comparing it to other starter Strat copies, this one I believe holds it's position as being the best. I've owned all sorts of Fender copies and this one is really great. Most of those are now in bits because they really don't last too long at all. If it were stolen I'd be pretty annoyed! I wouldn't get a new one because I have a thing for collecting different guitars over the years. // 8

STG-003 Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 08, 2012

Price paid: € 120

Purchased from: Lydaly Musical

Features: I dunno when it was made cause quite frankly, you cannot find out, there's nothing to be based on. It has 22 frets, alder body, maple neck, rosewood fretboard. Mine is a sunburst finish with 3 single-coil pickups, in the style of the old strats, standard tremolo which holds in tune EXTREMELY well if you know how to set it up. The tuners are amazing, the feel of them is comparable to branded ones and they hold really good. // 10

Sound: The pickups are kinda noisy and the distortion isn't the greatest one at all, but the clean vibes make my ears melt, they are awesome! I'm using it with a Fender Mustang I, and I play in Bon Jovi, Richie Sambora style, a little Michael Angelo Batio and Scorpions and have to say it does the job really well. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The action is really cool, very low especially on the high side (first strings, the thinner ones), even though it came with annoying buzzing on the thick E and A. I've adjusted it a little so that it will only buzz if I hit the string mid-hard cause I wanted a compromise between action height and playability. Anyway, buzz-free would still be way below a Squier. If someone would have given me a picture with just the griff, strings and frets, I would've said it's CGI made for a 3D animation, that's how great the fretboard is! The wood is mid-glossy, in between your normal Ibanez and a high-gloss Fender with nail-polish-like fretboard (that in which you can actually see your own reflection). Great touch, great finish, more flat than curved (the fretboard I mean) and is superbly made in terms of consistency and non-torque. // 7

Reliability & Durability: It would indeed stand live playing if after your usual bends, you hit the tremolo bar once in a while so that it retunes itself. The finish is marvelous, it has 3 extremely well interpolated layers of sunburst, which can always match a Fender regarding this aspect. // 9

Overall Impression: I'd wish the frets were a little bit more saddled, as you can observe microscopic gaps between the actual metal fret wire and the fretboard's wood near the sides (the extremities of the E and e strings), nothing to worry about, it's just that it could've been even better in my opinion. I definitely recommend it next to a Squier, Harley Benton, or other cheapos out there, Aria surpasses them ALL. For the Squier, I think it surpasses even higher priced models, from Affinity to the Classic Vibe's series. // 9

STG-003 Reviewed by: Casull454, on march 19, 2012

Price paid: € 100

Purchased from: Local indie music store

Features: Got the guitar a couple of years ago when I was starting out, it came in the package with Vox Pathfinder, cable, stand and digital tuner, a very, very good deal. It has a bolt on maple neck, with rosewood fretboard, 22 frets in 25-1/2" scale. It's got strat-shaped alder body with three single coil pickups, a 5-way pup selector, one volume knob and two tone knobs that are there for show, and a tremolo bridge. // 4

Sound: Let's immediately get something out of the way - this is a beginner guitar aimed at people who aren't even sure if they'll stick to playing a guitar, hence it's price. It's design offers some flexibility in music styles making it sorta jack of all trades. Sorta. There's a trend of opinions that you can't play metal or similar heavier-gain styles with this guitar, which is untrue. Contrary to the popular belief, your Strat will not initiate self-destruct sequence if you attempt to play Guns N' Roses or Metallica on it, matter of fact, "Seek & Destroy" is the very first song I learned, and I learned it on this very guitar. But I digress. It it very much possible to play everything on it, it just won't sound good. Actually not much of anything other than clean sound will. It is a very cheaply made learning guitar, which will allow you just that - to learn to play on it. It's single coil pickups can't stand too much gain, and sound very muddy if it's on, and there's gonna be a lot of noise if the selector is set to only a single pickup. // 3

Action, Fit & Finish: Guitar's action came pretty low out of the box, with heavily oxidized strings. Sounded fine in the beginning, but later on fret buzz started to appear and became more prominent as the guitar was being used. I changed the strings on it, making most of the buzz go away, but low E, A and D are still somewhat affected by it. Many come out of the box with their necks bent, it seems a weakness with this guitar. // 3

Reliability & Durability: There's a possibility that this guitar will survive a gig, it would mostly depend on how careful you are with your gear. I personally don't think of it as a take-out guitar, it's definitely not made for that. Strap button screws come off very easily, I needed to screw them back in place on more than one occasion. In the event of a catastrophic failure, I don't think it'd survive a fall to the floor. I wouldn't use it on a gig in the first place, let alone without a backup. Guitar's neck is also easily bent, most of the stories about it however probably came from inexperienced people who handled their guitars improperly (I've actually seen a guy in a music store hold it by the neck upside-down, baseball bat-style! ), but mine stood on it's stand for a few years and the neck still got bent. // 2

Overall Impression: I play a variety of music from jazz and blues to metal and hard rock. As I've previously said, the guitar is designed to suit the beginners who are unsure if a guitar is even a right instrument for them, let alone what kind of music they want to play. That being said, it would suit jazz, some softer blues, funk and similar styles best, anything more high-gain just won't go. I can't for the life of me figure out people who give this guitar 9 or 10, I understand that FOR THE MONEY it's probably the best choice, but only because there isn't much to choose from. Besides, what would they rate Gibson or Fender? A 10, the same as this guitar? I played many Gibsons on many occasions, and there is a reason those things cost as much as a used car, and putting the same rating on them as on an entry-level Aria really seems wrong! // 3

STG-003 Reviewed by: ariastg003, on october 04, 2012

Price paid: A$ 100

Purchased from: A Friend

Features: Designed in japan, made in Korea. 22 frets with the perfect size neck. Made of solid alder with a maple neck and rosewood fretboard. Nice solid red finish. Stratocaster style. Standard Strat bridge, with 3 single coil pickups with a 5 way pickup selector switch. // 8

Sound: It suits my style pretty well. Its great for Jimi Hendrix music and Pink Floyd. I use it for hard rock and blues. I use a Cry Baby wah pedal on clean channel and it sounds great. Has a rich full sound but is a bit noisy on the bridge pickup. Marshall amps work best with this guitar. Has a very bright sound. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up well exept for the string height which only needed slightly adjusting for my personel preference. The pickups were in the perfect position. The guitar has no problems with it at all. The wood seems to be of hi quality. All parts lined up perfectly. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Yes, this guitar will last live playing. I'm sick of people telling me and others to take a backup guitar. This guitar will last forever. I have dropped mine countless amount of times and it still works fine. I am also very rough with mine and have had it since 2004. I even thrash it on my knee and it still works. The strap buttons are solid and could probably hold my weight. It is the most dependable guitar I have ever owned and I would definitly use it without a backup. The finish seems thick as if it would last a long time. // 10

Overall Impression: I play hard rock and blues it fits really well. There is nothing more I could have asked for with this guitar, it's perfect the way it is. If it were stolen I would definitely buy another ten. My favourite feature is the neck pickup with its warm sound. I compared it with a Squire Stratocaster. The STG-003 had a fuller sound. // 10

More Aria reviews rating category latest review
+ Conrad Les Paul 6.8 Electric Guitars 12/04/2013