STG-STV Review

4.8
review (1) pictures (1) 10 comments vote for this gear:
STG-STV Reviewed by: Aman_Sin93, on september 13, 2010

Purchased from: www.rajmusicals.in

Features: A Standered Fat-Strat style Guitar, it was made in japan. I don't know what year though. It has a a tone control, a Volume control, a 5 way pickup selector, and a coil tap Switch. The first thing that a good guitarist will notice, is that this guitar has a fully functioning Tone control! (Most Cheap guitar I.e. Guitar below 200$ range lack a functioning tone control due to improper internal shielding). It has a 25' scale, Alder body, mahagony neck and a rosewood fretboard, it has a standard tremolo(vintage one I guess). Three passive Pickups, Humbucker on bridge and single coils on middle and bridge positions. It stays in tune pretty well! I don't use the tremolo, so I don't know if it will retain it's tuning with it, but as far as playing without tremolo goes, it's fairly tight. It has a string through body bridge. They Also provided: A gig-bag, Few Alice 0.77 picks, a Guitar Strap and a guitar cable. I don't know about pickup make or model! // 8

Sound: This Guitar pretty much suits my style, I generally play heavy rock. The Bridge Humbucker has a nice fat tone, good for both rhythm and lead. The Single coils have a clean & crip sound, and to my surprise, the guitar is preity silent at high gain. I don't have an amp or pedal, I use Amplitube 2 live. You can get a variety of tone out of this guitar, from early led zepplin led zeppling style bright tone to modern heavy rock tones. This Guitar is preity versatile and can do almost anything! Using the coil tap, you can get those crunchy Strat bridge sounds too! // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The Factory Setup was Almost perfect! Everything was the way I wanted it, the pickups were adjusted well, no scratchs/cracks or even a hair on the body! Everything was intact and tight. The intonation was a bit off, but unless screw drivers costed 1000$'s of dollars, it was a walk in the Park to take care of. The action was not too slick and low, but it was no way near rough and high! Overall the action was good and I could easily solo with it! // 8

Reliability & Durability: The Guitar Is rock solid, it could take crap loads of beating and still play well, everything is intact, The strap-buttons are solid and hold the strap well. The guitar will probably last a long period of time. If I Were to gig with this guitar, I wont be needing a backup. The finish was awesome, and it will last for a long time I guess // 9

Overall Impression: Overall, This Is a nice guitar and I couldn't have asked more from a 170$ guitar, I have been playing for almost 1.5+ years and this guitar suits me well. I don't regret buying this guitar, it has everything that I need to rock. If it were stolen/lost, I would probably buy another guitar, not because this guitar is bad, but because I would like to experience other guitars too, if I ever though of upgrading, I'll just get some vinyls and a good Pick-up for bridge. Over-all: This Guitar Is awesome for Beginners and Intermediate Guitarists, but Experienced guitarists might not be satisfied. // 8

More Aria reviews rating category latest review
+ Pro II ST600 6.8 Electric Guitars 08/27/2014