AGL300 Review

manufacturer: Austin date: 05/11/2011 category: Electric Guitars
Austin: AGL300
For me the perfect guitar for playing rock is the Les Paul... But seeing as how the real Gibsons are well over 2, 000 dollars and even Epiphones are at least 500 this is the perfect choice.
 6.9
 8.6
 5.1
review (1) pictures (3) 5 comments vote for this gear:
AGL300 Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 11, 2011

Purchased from: Daddy's Junky Music

Features: -22 frets -Rosewood fret board, block style pearl inlays -Solid archtop -Basswood body with maple neck -Ebony finish -Les Paul body shape -tune-o-matic bridge? -2 volume, 2 tone -nickel-covered humbuckers (1 rhythm, 1 treble) -Toggle Switch to Switch the pickups being used // 8

Sound: My style is mainly classic rock. I'm a HUGE Queen, Aerosmith, and Led Zeppelin fan. I'm also heavily into Jimi Hendrix, Beatles, Rolling Stones, and KISS. And I gotta say this is right where I want it to be. I use it on a Fender SP10 amp (its one of them abnormally small amps... Don't judge). And it sounds great! I also used it on a Vox and Marshall half-stack and that sounds equally as nice. Is it noisy... Well there's no feedback even when you go really close to an amp or computer... But if you put the amp up at 10 then yea its REALLY noisy. The sound is EXACTLY like that of a Les Paul. The sound can vary as much as the user's imagination. With two tone dials, and a toggle Switch that can make a deep, melodic sound (rhythm) or a high cutting edge rock sound (treble)... Or if you wanna go the Jeff Beck way and go in between them. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Most guitars around the $200 range are pretty iffy... So naturally I had this one checked out... THOROUGHLY. And it was incredibly well made. No scratches, no dents, no broken pieces, the tuners all work well, the paint is on well, no loose parts. This thing is well put together. Even the pick-ups worked amazingly. The Bridge and top are well done as well. I found no true honest flaw to this guitar. The only thing that I disliked was that its a 9 pound guitar and that's just a little heavy but hey I'll live. // 7

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will sustain live playing... As long as the USER doesn't do anything stupid with it (ex: SMASHING IT). The hardware seems as though it will last. The strap buttons are solid and I've played this thing live and for people before and they were awestruck. I would definitely use this guitar at a gig... But a back-up wouldn't hurt (that's just the way I am). The finish is perfect... Nuff said. // 8

Overall Impression: I play rock... Just plain rock hahaha. And to me the perfect guitar for that is the Les Paul... But seeing as how the real Gibsons are well over 2, 000 dollars and even Epiphones are at least 500 this is the perfect choice. I've been playing guitar for 5 years now and I also own a Fender Acoustic and a Black Fender Strat... Neither compare to this one. I believe I asked more than enough questions about this guitar before I bought it hahaha. Should this guitar ever be lost/stolen I'd be devastated. I'd try to FIND the guitar first and with no luck I'd buy another one. I just love this guitar altogether and I don't hate one thing about it :) My favorite feature: THE GUITAR :) I compared it to a few other Les Pauls and SGs and I just loved this one because I couldn't put it down and the price whooped the others. If ANYTHING I wish it had a bigsby but hey I can live without. // 10

More Austin reviews rating category latest review
+ PRS 8.7 Electric Guitars 04/29/2011