PRS Review

manufacturer: Austin date: 04/29/2011 category: Electric Guitars
Austin: PRS
The Austin PRS (Paul Reed Smith) isn't really a guitar you'd see every day, it was made in China, its a great quality guitar with a great variety of sounds.
 8.7
 9.2
 8.2
review (1) 5 comments vote for this gear:
PRS Reviewed by: KEVIN_WIRZBA, on april 29, 2011

Price paid: C$ 100

Purchased from: King Of Trade

Features: The Austin PRS (Paul Reed Smith) isn't really a guitar you'd see every day, it was made in China, its a great quality guitar with a great variety of sounds, passive electronics with two humbucker pickups, a tone knob a 3-way, Tap and a volume knob, it has Standard frets and a red and yellow sunburst paint. It has a tune-o-matic bridge. I can get the sound I want from that guitar when I want. // 10

Sound: it has three ranges of sound, from bright to fat and mellow sounds, it has a good variety of sounds with the tone knob too, it's useful for almost any style of playing, I play mainly rock and metal and it suits it great, many guitarists and friends who have tried it said it was great with very good sounds, I use a couple amps with it, I mainly still use my starter amp, a Peavy Vypyr and it still sounds amazing. I can get the sound I want from that guitar in almost any amp. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: All of the features of the guitar when I got it were great, perfect and ready to play, (note that I got this guitar second hand) it was in great condition, abit of tiny scratches but over all flawless, the neck is slightly off and in need of changing the truss rod angle. There were abit of iffy parts of the guitar but it didn't take long to fix it up, it feels brand new. // 8

Reliability & Durability: this guitar can withstand live playing and gigs, the hardware is in great condition and is always ready to plug in and go, the paint finish is also in a great condition, the best part of it is that it always stays in tune. Over all, the reliability of that guitar is very good, great wood, barely any scratches, dents or flaws, its always ready to go in a gig. It occasionally needs maintenance but its nothing to hard to handle. // 10

Overall Impression: As I sad, I play metal and rock, perfect for all styles, its great, for the price of 100$ it is far more superior than any other guitar in that price range, I really like the fact that its so durable, the neck and action is my least favorite part but it's easy to fix up, my ultimate favourite part is, for any tuning you give it, either drop D, C open C or drop B it will always stay in that tuning unless you change it. // 9

More Austin reviews rating category latest review
+ AGL300 6.9 Electric Guitars 05/11/2011