Mayhem Shadow Review

3.1
review (1) pictures (2) 6 comments vote for this gear:
Mayhem Shadow Reviewed by: tatatox80, on july 21, 2011

Purchased from: Shams

Features: I bought the guitar 2 years ago and I didn't really catch what year it was made in. So, sorry I want be providing this particular info. -Made in China -24 frets Rosewood -Basswood Body -Start body style -Floyd Rose bridge -H-H EMG passive pickups -3-way selector | Volume and Tone Controls -Locking Tuners -Case, strap and cable were included (though really terrible quality) // 7

Sound: The sound isn't really that good. I play rock mostly. I used many amps with it, but whenever I increase the distortion it gets really noisier than it should. I played metal and rock on that guitar and it wasn't that good. Harmonics were extremely hard to perform (or something was wrong with my guitar maybe). I'm definitely changing this guitar because of it's sound! A $200 guitar would sound better. // 4

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was good when I bought it (though the sound wasn't that good even when I first bought it). The first time I tried changing strings, the bridge's screws sort of... melted. Their edges were gone as soon as I started screwing. It took me a lot of time and money to fix this problem. And still it's not really fixed completely. // 5

Reliability & Durability: I wouldn't go to a gig with this guitar to be honest. The strap buttons are solid, at least they still are, but other than that it's not durable/reliable. None what'soever. Each time I play on it, it sounds completely different than the previous time. Sometimes it sounds awesome, some other times it sounds crappy as hell. // 4

Overall Impression: My first impression of this guitar was that it looks really good, I give it that, the pick ups were EMG, and the Bridge was floyd rose, which is what I was looking for. I play rock mostly, as I said, and if this guitar is gonna do anything, it's rock. I hate about it that it breaks A LOT! Missing parts, always! The 6th and 5th string collide with the fret board and make a clicking noise with each not I play. I really wish it had been better, or simply, I wish I bought another guitar! I tried much cheaper guitars than this one and they sounded awesome! I do suggest this guitar only if you're a beginner and have no idea how to play electric guitar and just want a try out. This will fit you just well and if you liked playing, Switch to a real guitar brand like Ibanez, which is my favorite guitar band yet. // 5

More AXL reviews rating category latest review
+ Badwater El Dorado 8.2 Electric Guitars 07/10/2014