Tele Player Deluxe Review

9.2
 8.6
reviews (2) user comments vote for this gear:
Tele Player Deluxe Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 03, 2005

Features: I beleive this modal was made in 2003 in the far east somwhere. Strat body style. It has 22 frets and the fret board is as thick as hell. Complete with a volume control, two tone controls and a 5-way selector. It came with a case and an Axl tuner. The tuner can be quite random at times and doesn't always give an accurate result. I got a free amp with it, which was good quality considering it was free. // 8

Sound: I play a bit of everything, punk, metal, blues, and it suits it all. The thick fret board makes it good for rhythem. I use a Mashall amp and it sound quite good. A bit of buzz now and then, but nothing major. It has a rich sound when un-plugged. It sound best on full volume because you can't here the buzzing. This guitar is best for chord playing because, as I said, there is somebuzzing. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The factory set-up was very good. The only problem was the strings were very tight, even when tuned correctly, which is why I would recommend buying new strings. Other then that, exellent. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I've gigged this several times without backup and it took the pace easily. Strap buttons are strong and stable. I wouldn't use it in rougher venues. The only problem was the jack-plug comes loose easily. // 8

Overall Impression: Like I said, this guitar is good for most music styles, from soft rock to heavy metal. I've been playing for two years and I'm in a punk rock band and we gig the local clubs. I used to take my Fender Telecaster, but I was worried it would get damaged so I bought this as it was less expensive, but I'm not dissapointed with the quality. Good for beginners and tight wads. Seriously though, good value for money. // 10

Tele Player Deluxe Reviewed by: Rickydicky2004, on june 11, 2005

Features: Made 2004 in the far east somewhere, I think. 22 big frets, the neck is thick as hell, so really good for rhythm playing. Solid body with a lovely bule finish (transparent) and white scatch plate. Two EMG singles, with a volume and tone knobs, and three way selector Switch. Tuners are half decent no extra accessories. I give it 4 'cause Tele don't normally have a lot to talk about. // 8

Sound: I play a little of everything, a bit of punk, pop and rock. I got this over a year ago, at the time I just had a crappy Squier 10w Amp. Still sounded pretty good regardless. I now take it through an RP80 - Behringer UB802 to a Line 6 Spider 2 15 watt (don't need much volume). The two pick up are great, I mainly play on the bridge one mostly, lovely and bright. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Factory setup was perfect, havent changed a thing on it, don't know how to at any rate, but I have never needed to regardless. The only flaw is the Jack socket is a bit loose, easy fixed. Action is low, but not too low, great stuff. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Would definatley gig with this without a backup, as long as the jack socket is tightened before a performance, seems sturdy as hell like. Everythig is where it should be. Not a problem here. // 10

Overall Impression: As already stated, pop, punk and mild rock are my sounds, this thing is great for it all. I own a Squier Strat, a Yamaha F310, a cheap Valeta electric acoustic, and an Applause by Ovation. Effects wise only a DigiTech RP80 and a Behringer mixer. I record with Cakewalk guitar tracks. Lost or stolen wouldn't bother, still have my Squier. // 10

More AXL reviews rating category latest review
+ Badwater El Dorado 8.2 Electric Guitars 07/10/2014