Tiger Pro Review

manufacturer: AXL date: 06/01/2004 category: Electric Guitars
AXL: Tiger Pro
Double cutaway, 2 humbuckers, tone and volume control, 3-way selector switch, locking trem, maple neck, rosewood fingerboard, quilted top.
 8.1
 9.2
review (1) 3 comments vote for this gear:
Tiger Pro Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 01, 2004

Purchased from: n/a

Features: - 24 jumbo frets - Sharktooth style inlays - 2 humbucking pickups with 3 controls - pickup selection (3 choices), tone and volume // 10

Sound: I play mostly classic rock, and metal on guitar, and along with my Marshall MG100DFX the guitar has a great sound. I have played many guitars of different values and i have to say this could give my Epi LP a challenge! The overdrive sound (even on a smaller, practice amp) is really good. Harmonics are also a breeze. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The setup when I bought the guitar was excellent, the shop had set everything up perfectly in my opinion. The strings were a good distance off the fret board and everything else was immaculately in place as it should be. Pickups were reaosnably well setup, but were a bit slack. // 8

Reliability & Durability: The only flaw I could put across about the guitar is the strap buttons which dont seem overly secure or reliable. I would gig with this guitar without uestion ad without a backup without problems as I dont believe I'll have any major problems with it. // 8

Overall Impression: As above, I play a lot of classical rock - Rainbow, Eagles, Lynyrd Skynyrd. The guitar, I have to say, fits the style really well. It looks good, feels good and sounds good. I chose this guitar over several other guitars, and made the choice due to both price and functionality. If the guitar had a fixed neck instead of a bolt on, i'd prefer that, but I can't ask for any more for the price - especially with that whammy! // 10

More AXL reviews rating category latest review
+ Johnson 8 Bass Guitars 08/29/2014