Electric Guitar Starter Kit Review

manufacturer: Baja date: 06/13/2006 category: Electric Guitars
Baja: Electric Guitar Starter Kit
This perfect student package contains everything you need to get started! Each kit includes a full size, 3 single-coil pickup electric guitar w/ gig bag, 6-watt Amplifier w/ 6" speaker, cable, strap, picks, and pitch pipe for tuning. Also includes DVD with 3 lessons to get you rocking!
 6.9
 7.6
 6.1
review (1) 13 comments vote for this gear:
Electric Guitar Starter Kit Reviewed by: tomasdakid14, on june 13, 2006

Purchased from: Music123.com

Features: This is a 21 fret electric guitar with a S/S/S pickup cinfiguration, a tremlo, 5-way pickup selector, 1 volume, 2 tone knobs, Strat body. It comes with a 10w Baja amp with clean channel and drive channel and treble and bass knobs. It also includes a gig bag, cable, picks, and a tuner. It is a great deal for the price. // 10

Sound: I play mostly classic rock like AC\DC and new rock like Taking Back Sunday and it seems to fit these type of music style quite good. The 5-way selector and the three single coil pickups all pretty much sound the same. There is not much difference between them. There is horrible humming from the cingle coils but if you select it to the bridge/middle pickup location it cancels a lot of that humming. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was horrible when I got it, it took me quite a while to get the action how I wanted it. The pickups all sound the same pretty much. It was quite good from the factory though, except for the action and the cable slot keeps coming loose. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I would never use this guitar for a gig or even jamming. I would more then likely be embarrassed playin it for a gig and I dont think it would be reliable enough to play a gig. The strap buttons are quite solid. It doesn't stay in tune well at all, it would come out of tune from playin for 5 minutes, even if I'm not using the tremlo or doin string bends. The finish seems pretty sturdy and hasnt scrathced yet. // 6

Overall Impression: This was my first electric guitar and it isn't my most recent either. I have a Telecaster that I use more frequently. if it were lost or stolen I would definatly not buy it again. I love the fact that I can do whatever with it and not worry about ruining it because I do not care for it too much says the quality and sound is pretty crappy. I wish it had a humbucker, if it had that I would prolly take better care of it. // 7

Comments