Metalien iAXE629 Review

manufacturer: Behringer date: 09/01/2009 category: Electric Guitars
Behringer: Metalien iAXE629
The iAXE629 USB-Guitar comes with loads of great sounding virtual amps and stomp boxes from Native Instruments. Rock with your MP3, WAV and AIFF songs or backing tracks on your PC or Mac computer and enjoy nifty features such as time-stretching and a metronome.
 Reliability & Durability: 8.3
 Action, Fit & Finish: 8.3
 8.7
 8.8
 8.5
reviews (3) 20 comments vote for this gear:
Metalien iAXE629 Reviewed by: laddiesman360, on april 14, 2008

Purchased from: guitar center

Features: The Behringer Metalien is an awesome guitar for the price. It looks very good at first impression and sounds great when you plug it into your mixer/amp. It is the best looking guitar in the Behringer lineup. The black on black color scheme and sharks teeth inlay emulate expensive Ibanez guitars. The price for this setup is amazing and I would recommend this package for anyone starting guitar, curious about guitars, or anyone who needs a guitar sound in their music that's not fake & sampled. This is a real guitar. // 8

Sound: It sounds nice, and pretty clean. The two single coil pickups sound the humbucker sound even better when raised/adjusted with a screwdriver, an easy task. In the right hands, and with the supplied overdrive on the Behringer amp, you can get it to scream. I am sure there are better pickups out there, but I would say this guitar sounds fine. The strings are okay and seem like they need to be played a bit to break them in. I was happy to find that this guitar did not need any adjustments as to string height etc, and that the playing action was good (no buzzing). The whammy bar is a basic design, but works. I play most of the time with it taken off, but it's fun to mess with. Again, some Ibanez guitars don't even come with a whammy. The tone, volume, and pickup switches are very solid feeling. it's nice to have all the features of the expensive guitars, and a nice clean sound for $150. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The Metalien looks great on first impression. It's all black and has a great shape and the finish is a cut above many other expensive guitars. On closer inspection, however there are some things that I would mention. The finish on the pick guard panel has a kind of plastic over it that can bubbles near screws. That's a minor complaint. You can kind of fix it by pressing down near the screws. I didn't investigate to see if you can remover the plastic or not, but this is a minor issue. Also, the frets on the bottom edge seem a little rough but you won't ever touch this part of the guitar due to the angle. The shark tooth inlay is amazing! This guitar basically looks like a copy of the Ibanez, even down to the hardware, and it really is a quality guitar for the price. Go ahead and compare for yourself. Overall I'd say the design, and finish are an A- very good! Looks expensive. // 6

Reliability & Durability: This guitar feels like I can play a live show I won't go without a backup. The hardware will last you a long time since it's form Behringer and they master at guitar extras the strap buttons are solid the paint can not come off I had it for a while and when you clean it it looks like new. // 10

Overall Impression: The supplied Behringer guitar amp is fun to mess with. it's not good quality at all, but the overdrive button is really fun. Again, an overdrive button is something you won't get on the more expensive Ibanez metal pak. If you don't have distortion pedals and just want to rock, the overdrive is a nice touch. The gain on it is super hot, so be very careful to your ears. It's just a practice amp so I can't say much bad about it. I would not use it as a preamp to a mixer, but I would mic this amp because it sounds dirty and cheap in a good way. The practice DVD will get you up to speed if you've never played guitar before. You'll be playing chords hopefullly on your first or second session. I would replace the guitar strap if your near 6 feet tall or so, it seems a little small. The tuner is very very good. I found the cable it came with to be very decent, and that's got to be better than the Ibanez Metal Pak's cables I've heard about busting after little use. The picks are nice. The carrying case is also very basic, but will keep it protected from scratches. For $150 you can't go wrong. it's the most fun you can get for this little amount of money. If you need a starter guitar, or a guitar sound in your music, this is a must have. It looks more expensive than it is, and sounds good. Once you pick it up you will be very excited and will enjoy how much fun it is to play guitar. If it were lost or stolen I will buy it again cause I can afford it. If you buy this guitar and peaple ask how much you paid make up a number that way they will be impressed I do that with all my guitars I tell peaple this guitar cost 300$ but I know peaple and it cost me 150$. // 10

Metalien iAXE629 Reviewed by: Jin Rukavi, on december 12, 2008

Purchased from: Stuttgart Computers and Beepers

Features: The Behringer Metalien is a Strat-style guitar with 24 frets, a solid-body, one humbucker and two single coils with 5-way pickup selector, one volume control and one tone control guitar. It's a beauty and I don't ever wanna get rid of this guitar. It didn't come with anything except for a gig bag. It was missing a whammy bar, but I hate using whammy bars so I really don't care about that. // 9

Sound: The sound is suitable for what I like to play but I only keep it in the humbucker because I really don't care for the single-coil. I play metal, experimental, and post-rock and this guitar is suitable for those. The palm-muting is excellent and it really screams when you bend the strings. I like the pickups but I rather have DiMarzios or ESP pickups. I use only distortion and an amp I have a Silvertone amp. When I took my guitar to my friends house and plug it up to his amp, the sound was amazing. The reverb on this shit was awesome. The sound is rich and very versatile for other various of music styles but I still want to replace the pickups. There is really no problem with this guitar. It's almost perfect, it just needs new pickups (and more effects) just to suit my aggressive style. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: I think the luthiers Who made this guitar had their work cut out for them. There's nothing wrong with this guitar and it's comfortable on my shoulder. I had a Silvertone Revolver and it was a heavy, hollow-body piece of shit. It was bad on my back and my shoulder. The Metalien is more lightweight and more comfortable to play because it isn't so bulky. It's a sexy guitar and the black paint is makes it very attractive but somewhere down the road I am going to get it repainted. // 10

Reliability & Durability: It'll last. I'm sure of it. I don't think that I would need a backup for this guitar (unless I went Hendrix on this guitar). So it's very reliable. It'll last as long as I don't get to crazy with it. It may be lightweight but it'll hold up to my harsh playing style. If anything goes wrong then I'll get it fixed. // 10

Overall Impression: I have no complaints about this guitar and when I first bought it, I thought that it was probably not going to be very good to use but when I took it home and played it, I was impressed and it really fit me. It was so easy to play and I love it. I made a great choice. I wanted to get the Ibanez RG or the Epiphone Les Paul that were right beside it but I think I'll hold off on those two. For now I just want to focus on this wonderful guitar. // 10

Metalien iAXE629 Reviewed by: Mrfussytabs, on september 01, 2009

Features: This guitar is a great beginner-intermediate guitar. It features a maple neck with 24 frets not quite sure about the size of them though. The Finish is just pleain old glossy and black. Howeve if you chipped off the milimeter of paint (I accidentally did lol) you would find a wood bearing a striking resemblance to the necks(maple. te body is for the most part a Strat style wish slightly more flared "C" cuts. Passive electronics and a string-thru Standard trem body. Includes a practice amp starter DVD and a really short amp jack. // 10

Sound: Yes this fits my style of music (alternative all the way to country) I run this on a Boss Ds-1 and a spider 3 and for the most part it is great. Never gotten feed back once on this guitar where as I own a 600 dollar guitar that often does. It has a sort of natural overdrive when you're using the humbucker. The single coils dotn give you much other than quiet clean sounds. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar came with action that you'd need a parachute for the way down to the frets. However! I have the action set as low as possible and never once have I gotten ANY fret buzz. The pickups needed to be lowered with the action so no comment there.the nut is garbage and if my investigations serve me right you CANNNOT remove the nut the only way you have tuning problems is if you constantly attack the trem bar. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Live playing meh I don't know about THAT but if you're just starting or you just want a kick butt practice guitar this is made for you. The strap buttons aren't a problem as this guitar is EXTREMELY light.the finnish you really have to abuse to get it to mess up. I know this personally. The hardware is nice it will last along time. I'd definately upgrade the pickups, that is if you think you'd play with this live. // 5

Overall Impression: This is a great guitar for almost any stile of music. I've been playing for 2 and a half years mor or less. I own an Epiphone Les Paul Standard plus top and a speciall II but they both give me problems this one never really has.if it were stolen I'd be heartbroken as they don't make this anymore if I'm correct. I'd probably have to say that I only wish it had a Floyd Rose trem and this guitar would be solid gold. // 10

More Behringer reviews rating category latest review
+ Ultrastack BG412V 7.2 Guitar Amplifiers 02/14/2014