GE3911R Review

manufacturer: Bridgecraft date: 02/02/2012 category: Electric Guitars
Bridgecraft: GE3911R
This is an amazing guitar for 75-80 bucks.
 Reliability & Durability: 5.8
 6.9
reviews (6) pictures (3) 16 comments vote for this gear:
GE3911R Reviewed by: Abandoned67, on april 10, 2007

Purchased from: eBay

Features: It didn't come with anything specificizing where or when it was made. It has a beautiful cigarette style burst. I think the paint is amazing, the guitar has been though a lot of banging and stuff so there are a few little dings but only one spot the paint has came off and it was a really bad hit to the guitar that caused it, so the paint in my opinion is great. It has 21 greatly done frets, my friend has a real Standard Strat and his fretts are acctually comming off and he only got it a little bit before I got mine. So the fretjob on it is great! It has the regular 5-way switch and the 3 controls volume, tone, and tone. If it didn't say Bridgecraft on the guitar you might mistake it for a real Strat. It came with a cheap gig bag, a set of strings, and a strap, which I bought another strap but still perfer the strap it came with. // 10

Sound: I play all kinds of music and it is fine for it. I am using it on a Crate GT15 and it sounds awesome. The pickups are amazing for the price that I payed for the guitar. It gets noisy but I think that is more of the amp then the acctual guitar, but I know the pickups add to it. The picups are two single coil Standard Strat-like pickups and then the one single coil bridge pickup Standard Strat-like. I think the sound for the guitar and the price is amazing. I'm still not saying that it has the amazing sound of a more expensive guitar though, like a Gibson or something. It almost or does match the sound of a Standard Stratocaster though. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: I have never had any problems with the way it was assembled. The picups were adjusted in a alright way they were kind of high though, so I put them down a bit. Not a biggie and all just took a second with adjusting the screws. There was not a single flaw on the guitar when I bought it, the wood is nice and fairly light and everything looked great. The grain of the wood that you can see at the burst part looks great too. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar has gone through a beeting and it stil works and sounds fine. The only thing that I have had a problem with is that I took of the Switch plasic tip to many times and the plastic wore down, but that can be fixed by buing a new one for like a couple cents at my guitar store. I can deffinitly depend on this guitar, I would use it in a gig if I hadent bought my Gibson SG. I would bring it as a backup guitar now because I have the SG though. The finish was great, like I said it has takken a lot to get it dinged up to the little bit that it is. One of the strap buttons came off but that was my brothers fault, but I guess they were not good to begin with so that is my only real complaint. It was easy to fix though. The hardware seems to last a long time and I am not worried about that at all. // 9

Overall Impression: I think that this is a amazing guitar for 75-80 bucks. If I broke it or lost it or it got stolen I would definitly jump right on eBay and look for another one. I have rated this guitar for the money and compared to squire strats and real Fender strats. This guitar is better than freind's Squire Strat, I know two people have Squires and this Bridgecraft is definitly better. I love this guitar because it is so good for the money and I would problably even pay more for it. // 10

GE3911R Reviewed by: BerzleyBeast, on november 19, 2007

Purchased from: eBay

Features: The guitar came with no specifications as to where or when it was made. 21 frets on a Rosewood neck. Has a metallic red finish. Whammy bar sits a little high and is a bit uncomfortable at times. I tend to not have it in when I don't plan to use it. Honestly there isn't much to say about the guitar. The tuners were a bit loose when I got it so they needed to be tightened up a bit. The action was set really high. // 7

Sound: It doesn't sound like a regular Strat. It sounds a lot cheaper but does have a unique sound that can be a bit of fun. There is a lot of feed back. Getting the sound you are looking for isn't always easy, I am using a 15 Watt Ibanez, a Boss Phase Shifter and Blues Driver. The guitar has it's own messy sound. I wouldn't recommend buying it for the sound quality at all. // 3

Action, Fit & Finish: The Action was extreamly high when I got it. At the time I didn't know much better so I had a friend try to lower it. Over time I began to know how it all works and the action is still annoyingly high. I have lowered it adjusted everything possible without buying a new guitar and if I put it any lower there is a nasty buzzing sound you get from the frets and the strings. The guitar overall looked nice and was well put together. The neck was bowed when I got it and still, sadly is. The pickups were high and have been lowered. Overall if you get what you pay for and is an alright guitar to learn on. The high action is a bit of a set back though. // 3

Reliability & Durability: There is no way this guitar is meant for Live playing unless you plan to destroy it. In fact I plan to take my soldering iron to it in just a few minutes. The pickups have gotten some rusty spots and I think the sound quality is slowing starting to go. The input jack is falling out and the chord must be in a certain position for it to work. I have had a few chips in the paint along with a few minor dents in the cheap wood. But overall it still looks nice and shiny. // 6

Overall Impression: I play a lot of classic rock, heavy metal, and I try a bit of blues from time to time. I like to play a lot of songs from the '70s and '80s and getting the sounds that I want from the guitar to match what I am looking for from the song I'm playing just doesn't happen. This guitar was great for when I was a beginner but now that I have started to gain some experience and play other guitars and have started to move up this guitar just wont do it. I've had it for 2 years and it is at its ends. I would never plan to buy a guitar like this unless I was to buy it for someone else Who wants to learn. // 4

GE3911R Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 24, 2010

Purchased from: eBay

Features: I have had this guitar for a couple of years and it's still in mint condition. I bought the guitar in 2004 and didn't come with any manual or when it was made/where it was made from info... The guitar has 21 frets, it has 1 volume knob, 1 treble knob, and 1 bass knob, and a 5-way selector, the pick-ups are crappy but does sound kind of nice, doesn't have any model. The guitar came with a crappy gig bag, a nice strap, and a useful (doesn't make buzzes) cable. // 7

Sound: The pick-ups are crappy, but they do have nice sounds, I play mostly heavy metal, hard rock, thrash metal and rock. Ex: Slipknot, Dragonforce, Led Zeppelin and others. I'm using a JVC MX-J300 for now, and I'm using a DigiTech RP-350 works perfectly on distortion and overdrive settings. It's not noisy at all! The sound isn't like a Fender Strat (2010) but seems to me that it's very close. The only problem on this guitar is that the 17+ frets are a little buzzy. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: I bought this guitar on eBay I came in a perfect condition, D'Addario strings, already tuned, the action was nice, the pick-ups were nicely adjusted. It came in a awesome condition no buzzes (Except the 17+ frets), nothing, it stays on tuning, I've had this guitar for 6 years now, no problems at all. // 8

Reliability & Durability: The hardware is crappy and chunked out a few pieces of wood, no biggy, I paid $30.00. The strap buttons are nicely solid, but the only problem was when I took the plastic off the pick-guard and some pieces of plastic are still under the knob's. Yes, of course I would use it on a gig, the guitar isn't all that bad, and + the Multi-Effect Pedal it sounds great. The guitar isn't all that bad like people say it is but isn't the best, PPL the guitar is worth $200.00 now (on Amazon)! The finish is kind of thin but on my guitar it didn't seem to wear off yet. // 6

Overall Impression: I play Heavy metal, and yes it's a good match (of course using a distortion pedal/ overdrive or amp). I've been playing for 5 years now, I have a Epiphone Les Paul 100, a Sky Enterprise U.S.A. Flying V, and another Bridgecraft Strat Copy. Yes, I would buy it again for fun, but now it's a $200.00 guitar(with 200.00 I could buy a B.C. Rich on AMAZON or a Epiphone Les Paul Special II for 179.99), which I paid 30.00 6 years ago, now, I don't know if the guitar's structure has changed or not! // 7

GE3911R Reviewed by: Lespaul100black, on august 09, 2010

Purchased from: eBay

Features: I think it was made in 2004/2005 I don't remember, but the guitar did not come what year it was made, doesn't have any customer service, or website. It has 21 frets but the 15 fret + has some buzzes, the neck is thin and has medium jumbo frets, the finish is transparent, it has passive electronics, 1 volume, 1 Tone treble, and 1 Tone bass, with 5-way selector... The pick-ups are VERY VERY cheap as you can see, I keep asking my self How can they make a guitar so cheap that comes from China, I mean, what about the shipping? LOL It came with a CHEAP case a CHEAP cable, a GOOD strap and some GOOD tools. // 7

Sound: The guitar is not all that but it's good for some fun with your friends and etc... I'm using a JVC MX-J300, a DigiTech RP-350 and a Zoom G2 and works well on some settings, but it doesn't work very well on distortion or overdrive settings, it's noisy, but it's a very very low noise sound on all 5-way switches, it doesn't have a rich/full/bright sound because it has a passive pick-up. I bought 2 Bridgecraft guitars same day, same year, but different colors, one is Blue and the other one is Green, the Green one is VERY light(weight), never had any problems, expect that the pick-ups got rusty. Now, the Blue one had lot's of buzzes, 4th fret MI 1st string, it's heavier and the Pick-ups didn't get rusty, LOL, I've sent the guitar to my guitar teacher so he can try to repair her,. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: I don't remember, but I think it was well set-up, the pick-ups were not well ajusted and the bridge was cheapy. The guitars finish is very fine, but it "chips" off very easily, so careful, as I said the pick-ups were not so, I had to ajust it my self... I opened the guitar up to check the pick-ups brand and model, didn't find no specifications, and I saw the guitars wiring it was so bad, but I still didn't rewire the thing, at least it still works... // 6

Reliability & Durability: I don't think so because, I just hit it (not on purpose) and it had a huge hole... The is crappy going to need to change all the guitars structure... The strap buttons are very solid, no I would not depend on it The finish is wearing off already, but I have almost no complainments, because I only paid $40, 00 and it has almost 6 years... // 6

Overall Impression: I play mostly all of the styles around, but I really like Rock and the Blues... I've been playing for 6 years now and I own a Epiphone Les Paul 100, a Fender Telecaster, A SKY Flying V and this Bridgecraft guitar... I never wished to ask anything lol... Yeah, I think I'd buy it just for some travel fun, it's cheap you can find it on eBay now as, BC guitars, Glen Burton, Bguitar and Bridgecraft, I like the Glen Burton guitar that looks like a huge machine gun lol... // 8

GE3911R Reviewed by: jiverdude, on july 06, 2010

Purchased from: Ebay

Features: I believe it was made in China; lots of these Strat copies are. Don't know what year, pretty recently I assume, as this one is in like new condition. Frets are avg. Size. 21 frets, Rosewood/Maple, Basswood body, lightwt. Majenta red finish. Sealed tuners. 3 single coils, 5 way switch, everythig just like a Strat. Came with a cheap gig bag, thin. Cheap strap. // 5

Sound: Actually, those single coils do give a similiar Strat "quack" sound. I play blues with this guitar; the tinny sound doesn't allow for much. Playing thru a small Peavey Rage 158 amp. And some FX: Zoom 505, DigiTech RP100. I play blues, some classic rock/roll, and country with it. Best suited. Can't play harder rock/metal with this one. Won't cut it. // 5

Action, Fit & Finish: Had to adjust the neck, bridge saddles, change the cheap strings that came with it. Put on Dean Markley's 10-42; now, sound good. Pickups, had to adjust to my liking. No loose knobs, no loose/damaged anything. Just the aformentioned adjustments. I can do basic stuff; basic fixing/upgrading on guitars. It plays "OK". The Majenta reddish finish gives it a almost pinkish look. Sort of "Metallic" look under the gloss overcoat. But still... // 5

Reliability & Durability: Well... playing live? Depends. Playing it like Dimebag Darrell? Maybe it won't hold up. Like Eric Clapton, more mellow? Sure. I'd play this one in dive bars; then, won't have to worry if some drunk person comes up and accidently knocks it to the floor while I'm on break. I don't take my better guitars to lower end gigs. Hardware seems like it'd last as long as one cared well for it. Could replace/upgrade. Maybe will HAVE to. I dunno; it seems fine for the 65 I paid for it. Upgrades can only improve this guitar. Like new pickups, tuners, bridge, strap locks, whatever. The Basic neck and body are fine. One couldn't buy a neck and body separetely for 65 total. Unless it was junk. The neck adjusts fine; the truss rod is good. And the body is fine. Finish, etc. // 5

Overall Impression: This is good as is. I'd consider upgrading it; and maybe will, getting better pickups. I'd recommend it to someone. I know others have gotten Bridgecraft guitars, and their experiences were not so good. Maybe I got a "good" model, I dunno. But my personal experience with my Bridgecraft has been good. This particular guitar is a keeper. Hopefully, others will get a B/C guitar that's a keeper as well. Good luck w/ that. Ppl sometimes get Squiers, Epis, whatever, that are either "junk" or good, solid models. It's hit or miss with these lower end guitars, folks. So again, good luck in your search. // 5

GE3911R Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 02, 2012

Purchased from: Garage sale in 2010

Features: Made in China, no doubt. 21-fret neck maple/"rosewood" with a fairly comfortable profile. Solid-body (like any Strat-variant). Frets are modern-size; not the small vintage-style frets. Color is red metallic, and looks surprisingly good. On the positive side, the weight is very low and it wouldn't pull your shoulder out playing three sets. Bridge is a Strat whammy. Passive electronics, just like a Strat. Pups are no-name Asian ceramic-magnet Strat single-coil variants, with the modern concession of a RW/RP center pup. Tuners appear to be sealed units; non-locking. When I got the instrument, it had no accessories... But then, I got it in a garage sale for $30.00! // 5

Sound: I prefer the old sounds that made the Strat famous. (yes, I'm old-school... Not to mention old!) My thing is pre-1975 R'n'R. Single-coil pups are noisy by nature; you can't expect any Strat to be quiet. This is why Seth Lover invented the humbucking pickup.. And why I modded this guitar to use them. (greatly helped the sound) Stock, you get some noise reduction in the 2nd and 4th switch positions because of the RW/RP center pup combining with the bridge (or neck) pup to form a humbucking pup. This goes for any modern Strat with single coils, assuming it isn't made to the Vintage spec. Sound, because of the soft body wood, is mellow. Don't expect it to produce heavy-metal tones without a god-awful amount of treble-boost and gain! (and increased noise from the boost) You need harder woods for this. If you stick to basic electric blues, as-is the pickups should be fine... Assuming of course that you put work into it. Be advised that the required replacement parts alone will easily exceed the purchase price! In some ways, the guitar reminds me sound-wise of a Tele-Star brand instrument I had as a kid. To me, it isn't bad... But others might not like it. YMMV, usual disclaimers. My rating here is based on stock; after I got finished with my fixes/mods, I'd up-rate it to a "7". // 4

Action, Fit & Finish: Flaws... On this guitar...? (cue: uproarious laughter!) Whammy bar - Saddles are ok, sustain block is a horrid POS undersized cast mess, and the base plate was machined wrong where the fulcrum point is located. They cheaped-out and did only one mill pass with the fulcrum point behind the screws. This will never return to tune simply because that fulcrum point should be right through the diameter of the bridge pivot screws. If you want this guitar to play in tune, plan on replacing the bridge with a Guitar Fetish whammy that has a machined steel sustain block. Note that the pivot screws appear to have been drilled with a hand drill, rather than a drill press as they should be! That made for some really funky screw angles that virtually assure that no whammy will ever work right on this body. I just made it into a HardTail variation by blocking the whammy (after installing a big steel sustain block) and putting in huge screws to hold the bridge firmly in place. *IF* I were to put a proper whammy on this, I would have to fill the original holes with dowels and re-drill them straight. Nothing else would fix this issue. Neck - Some variation of a Strat headstock that was easily cut to the Vintage Fender style by yours-truly. I also modified the neck profile a tad to better suit my hand. Overall, the wood seemed good for the shaft, though I'm sure that the fretboard wood is isn't a real rosewood sub-species. Frets were pretty sad past the 12th fret. Looks like they didn't bend them properly when installing them, nor did they cut them to size properly. Tangs jut out past the lower edge, and only the top side was notched. Quick-and-dirty comes to mind here. I will be re-fretting this neck in the near future. Otherwise, the neck was ok. (I'm generally happy with good wood since I can fix the annoying stuff.) Truss rod adjusts at the headstock; this is a welcome change from the heel-adjust on Vintage models. Makes life easier. Body - Pathetic. Made from a very light wood that is extremely soft. (can't be sure of the wood species, but I guarantee you it isn't alder or ash!) Mind you, the paint is much harder than the wood, and I'd guess the finish is some kind of polyurethane. Dings go alarmingly deep. Interior routs removed far too much wood; Strat bodies aren't supposed to see-through to the trem springs! Internal config is routed H-S-H. The original owner was a foolhardy tinkerer, so I had to correct a lot of his damage, which included a hacked-up neck pocket! It also appears that he tried to carve out more body wood to add in something like a 9V battery. Really stupid! Neck screws were also improperly drilled, and didn't even line up with the neck plate! Were I not wishing for a test of my abilities, I would have ditched this body for a $50 Guitar Fetish body and went from there. Would have saved a lot of time! Pickguard - the shape was a little off on this specimen, so I replaced it to take advantage of the H-S-H routs. Pickups - Seems like most folks here don't like them. Are they anything special? Not by Strat standards. Still, they are relatively wide-range (as typically-dull-sounding Asian pickups go) and they work. I kept the center pickup as it was RW/RP and would work with the Asian cheapie Strat-spaced 'buckers I got for cheap on eBone. (there is no sense putting a $300 set of pups in here.) Nut - this was just plain worn. It was some cheesy plastic, so I knocked it out and replaced it with a graphite nut. Easy fix. Pickup selector - Cheesy. Switch lever was made out of a very soft metal and would bend over with little pressure. I replaced this right off the bat. Pots - this came with dime-sized mini-pots installed. They weren't noisy and still worked, but since I was changing out the bridge and neck pups to 'buckers, I had to change them to 500K units; originals are 250K. Tuners - They work ok, but were installed on the neck crooked! I had to pull them off, fill in the locating holes (not the peg holes, thankfully) and re-mount them so they looked straight. The tuners themselves hold tune pretty well. Beats the strip tuners I remember on student guitars from decades ago. // 2

Reliability & Durability: Like with most Asian imports, the hardware is low-grade. Plan on replacing it if you want to use this guitar seriously. The whammy stunk on dry ice, the selector switch was garbage, the frets were done wrong (which is why everyone here is having trouble past the 12th fret), and the body wood is extremely soft. I wouldn't trust the stock strap buttons... And if replacing these, I strongly suggest you dip the strap mounting screws in epoxy before replacing them with the new strap buttons/strap lock. The wood is really soft, and the threads will pull out like they are made of butter. If you bang it around much, the body finish will look terrible in no time. Using it at a show without a backup... Depends on if you put all of the aforementioned work into it. (if you did, it would be fine) The basic Strat design is the most reliable of all electric guitars. Generally speaking, you really have to *try* to break it. Bone-stock Bridgecraft? I doubt the example I had would hold up to more than a week of hard gigging, and that is optimistic. There are too many build flaws. On the up-side, if you put some work into it, you could take it to shows that you know have rough customers & not feel so bad when it gets smashed. Heck, you might be able to pretend you are Pete Townshend and smash it on purpose for a show. // 3

Overall Impression: My style (if you can call it that) is old-school R'n'R. The stuff I like is typically pre-1975, where the original artists are either dead or post-graduate students of drug rehab. I've personally played on-and-off for too many years. Truthfully, I'm much more of a guitar tech than a guitar player. I have plenty of Vintage amps with the famous names... Vox, Fender, etc. My effects are old-school as well, though I have one aging Zoom rig that can be fun at times. I also build my own amps and effects in the old tradition. What did I wish I had asked before I bought this at the garage sale? "How much did your son hack this guitar up before deciding it was a lost-cause and selling it for whatever he could get?" I bought the guitar on a whim, and figured I could get it playing reasonably well with a fair amount of effort. I did, but it was a lot of work. I didn't expect to have to re-build the neck pocket! If it were stolen/lost/trashed, I'd just replace it with another parts-monster... Though this time I'd more than likely buy a $50 body and a $50 neck and take my chances with them. What do I like about it? After I did all the work on it, it isn't a bad instrument in the least. Sound is ok and it is very workable for what I like. Remember: this was a $30 instrument! Even in the early 1970s, a cheap Jap-made (Kawai) Tele-Star with a cheesy solid-state amp would have set you back $75. $30 in 2010? WTF do you expect? Side note: Asian imports have *zero* quality control; *you*, the end-user, are the QC inspector. If you *must* have one of these, pick through several of them until you find one that plays and sounds good. The quality will be extremely variable. Used examples are probably hacked-up in an effort to get them workable. My main complaint is the body; the routs were done all wrong at the factory, and the wood is very soft. The whammy was garbage too; that could be replaced... But without a lot of work to the stock body, it wouldn't work that much better. Fret work on my example was sad, but the wood was good enough in that it could be re-fretted. (I do my own fretting, but be aware that a proper fret job will set you back far more than what the guitar is worth!) Again, do all of the work and it could be a "7"; don't do it and it will be a "2". // 2

Comments