Price paid: $ 4000
Purchased from: Dave Bunker
Features: - 2010 West Coast Utah and Marysville WA. USA.
- 26 fret custom cut neck, flat and fast.
- Hollow top around pickup then solid back.
- Alder bottom wood custom cut and dryed.
- Black (purple die) Quilted maple top and back.
- Bunker patented MAGNUM chrome bridge.
- Lace Chrome current Drive pickups with a 5 position switch.
- Two dual coil and one single coil in the middle pickups.
- Quick release Turners on the Bunker patented neck with a solid rod.
- Came with top of the line case. // 10
Sound: Used Jenson .022 "old style" capacitors in the tone control. Added a phase inverter for the pickups. This gives a one of a kind pickup chorus or a bright Telecaster sound. Great for Country Style. This is a Very Light Weight easy to play Jazz sound or a Les Paul sound. Very rich to very bright and clean. Works well with effects also. // 10
Action, Fit & Finish: Easy to adjust action. Play good high or low. Pickups were custom fitted. Set into the hollow top. Wood work is the finest available ever. This is a perfect top. The wood is cut by Dave Bunker himself from the tree. Quilted matching maple top and bottom. Neck is Alder. // 10
Reliability & Durability: I have played many times live with this guitar. Stays in tune all night. I cannot play the tune out of this Guitar. This is the kind of guitar that goes up in tuning while being stored. Perfect finish. Will last forever. It is a piece of ART. The Bridge is a Magnum to last for many year. Very easy to change strings and return. The whole design for Guitar is for reliability. // 10
Overall Impression: Not the perfect match for my style, so I had Dave Bunker make me another electric guitar that is a better match because of the tremolo tail piece. That's another review. The sound is like the violin that you have only heard once and will never hear again. This is a great rhythm guitar. // 10