Dellinger SE Review

manufacturer: Caparison date: 02/21/2007 category: Electric Guitars
Caparison: Dellinger SE
It has the push-push switch that works tone control coil splitting immediately between the bridge pickup and neck pickup. This can truly deliver wide ranged sounds for musical diversities.
 9.7
 9.4
review (1) 20 comments vote for this gear:
Dellinger SE Reviewed by: hermz, on february 21, 2007

Features: Among the Caparison Guitar products it is a standard guitar with 24 flets and bolt on neck. 2006 model, as Special Edition, has CTS potentiometer volume and upgraded wirings like the professional models. Both Dellinger SE and Dellinger II SE has the push-push switch that works tone control coil splitting immediately between the bridge pickup and neck pickup. This can truly deliver wide ranged sounds for musical diversities. // 10

Sound: I play a wide range of music but mostly dabble within the various sub-genres of metal. I'm running the Dellinger through an Engl Powerball 100w head. This guitar offers plenty of tonal variety thanks to the H/S/S pickup configuration and coil splitting. The bolt-on neck joint also means you get as much of that rich mahogany tone as possible. The stock pickups are made specifically for Caparison guitars and they really bring out the guitar's natural tone. The bridge humbucker was a little loose and a fraction noisy so I swapped it out for a Bare Knuckle ceramic Warpig to tighten up the bass and give it a darker edge. Harmonics scream, and there's plenty of sustain, regardless of what you might think about bolt-ons. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I bought this guitar second-hand, so I can't really comment on the factory set-up. I can say that the quality of this instrument is outstanding. I've had it for a couple of months now and found no problems. The finish is gorgeous, the inlays are stunning and the frets are without a flaw. In terms of playability I'll continue to say that the neck on this guitar is probably as close to perfect as I think I'll ever find. Although it's a bolt-on, Caparison guitars have a unique heel carve that allows for great upper fret access. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have no doubts this guitar will stand the test of time. Caparison have a fast-growing list of endorsees which include some big names in metal and all production guitars are made by the same people, using the same methods, as the guitars made for their signed artists. // 10

Overall Impression: If you've never heard of Caparison Guitars before, you better start getting used to the name. Although still a relatively small company, Caparison are growing in popularity as more and more people realise what quality instruments they're producing. I've been playing guitar for over 8 years and so far I'm yet to find a guitar that feels nicer in my hands. The unique headstock design and clock inlays really make Caparison stand out. Definitely worth the cash. If someone stole my Dellinger I'd hunt them down, for sure! // 10

More Caparison reviews rating category latest review
+ Horus Scarab/GO 8.8 Electric Guitars 08/22/2012