PG61 Review

manufacturer: Carlson date: 07/26/2011 category: Electric Guitars
Carlson: PG61
It suits all styles really well, especially rock. For the Price, American made and the playability, you just can't go wrong with them.
 7.1
 9.4
 4.8
review (1) pictures (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
PG61 Reviewed by: skidoo90, on july 26, 2011

Purchased from: Supermusicdealer@hotmail.com

Features: Made 2010, U.S.A.-Clackamas Oregon, 22 frets, Thin fast maple neck, Rosewood board with fin inlays like an Ibanez, Solid body Ash wood, Transparent Black finish - Like my IG10, Super Strat type, Vintage trem style Bridge with bar, Passive Carlson pickups, 1 vol, 1-tone, 5-way switch, H-S-S pickup configuration, Gotoh style tuners, Came with cord and trem bar and Levi at Supermusicdealer gave me a free hardshell case. YA BUDDY! // 9

Sound: It suits all styles really well, Especially rock. The pickups are HOT and articulate, They cut right through the mix. I use my Fender Mustang III amp mostly and it sounds GREAT. Great tone and bite. It does have some hum but its quiet enough for me. Can't hear it when your playing anyway. I'm sure if I fart around I can get any sound I want out of it. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: As usual, Setup on it was PERFECT, Action, Pickups, Etc.Well balanced, Levi even put D'Adarrio 10s on it for me that I requested, Did the same on my IG10 also. Only flaw I found was a dark spot in the transparent black finish on the front that nobody else would even notice. Everything else, Bridge, Frets, Wood, Etc is SPOT ON! // 10

Reliability & Durability: Yes it will withstand live playing, Hardware is fine, Strap buttons are solid, I would depend on it, But would not gig without a backup from string breakage, Finish is as durable as any other companys. This USA built rock machine was made to last. These are players guitars and may have a small flaw in the finish, But they are trustworthy and will hold up. // 9

Overall Impression: Play a little of everything, Its a perfect match, 3 years playing, Own Fender American Strat, Fender Mustang, If it was lost/stolen I would get another one. I LOVE all the things about Carlson guitars, Build quality, Looks, Fit, and most of all, They're necks are the best feeling and playing out of all the guits I have owned. And that is Fender, Gibson, PRS, Ibanez and others. Bought an SG1 in 2008 and have LOVED them since. For the Price, American made and the Playability, You just can't go wrong with them. Also I can't say enough GREAT things about Levi at Supermusicdealer.com. HE is the BEST when it comes to his customers being satisfied with there product. Been dealing with him since 2008 with NO PROBLEMS. Why buy a foreign made guitar when you can still get American quality for the same price? Keep your American money where it belongs, RIGHT HERE IN THE U.S.A.! // 10

More Carlson reviews rating category latest review
+ IG10 6.3 Electric Guitars 07/25/2011