ST300C Review

5.6
review (1) pictures (1) 74 comments vote for this gear:
ST300C Reviewed by: unregistered, on december 09, 2010

Purchased from: Carvin, Santa Ana, CA

Features: Neck through tung oil neck, Curley Maple Neck, Sperzal tuners, Flame Maple top, Floyd Rose, Active Electronics, BEAUTIFUL! Vintage pick ups, coil spliting and phase switching. There wasn't much missing on this guitar. I ordered it with everything, including abolone Diamond fret markers and 24 frets. Read on... // 8

Sound: The active electronics were amazing. I could make it sound like my best Les Paul. It could make Strat sounds, blues and metal. This was a working-mans guitar. It wasn't too expensive for a custom ordered guitar. I never played a pick up that sounded like a single coil when split. This pick-up did. The action was nice too, considering... // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar arrived set-up just like I would set it up! It was even in tune! The finish is called Deep Orange Burst Flame and the headstock was matched. The Floyd Rose Bridge was set up flat just like it should be. I've been waiting for years to buy a new guitar. This was a special present for me. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Okay, here's the BAD PART. The Hi E string kept poping off the neck! After waiting 6 weeks I had to send it back. 2 weeks go by and they haven't touched it! Hey, they got my money now so WTF! The tech tells me he doesn't know ow to fix it! 2nd their attitude was very stand offish. They just didn't want too talk to you. I called this morning. They re-fretted it, but it the string still pops off the neck! It will arrive here tomorrow. What am I going to do with a 6 string guitar with only 5 working strings! // 1

Overall Impression: This is like having a Victoria Seceret Model girlfriend...that won't put out! I purchased this "Made in the USA" guitar because I expected a quality insterment. What I got was a major clusterfu*$K and one HELL of a head ache. I guess Made in the USA doesn't mean much to Carvin. // 1

More Carvin reviews rating category latest review
+ VL100 Legacy 5.8 Guitar Amplifiers 02/18/2014