V220 Review

manufacturer: Carvin date: 02/21/2012 category: Electric Guitars
Carvin: V220
I mostly play hair metal, and this guitar is absolutely perfect for that style. It's also great for thrash, if that's your thing. It's not really noisy, just a little buzz. You can get this guitar to do pretty much whatever you want it to do.
 8.7
 7.3
review (1) pictures (7) 32 comments vote for this gear:
V220 Reviewed by: RNFR95, on february 21, 2012

Purchased from: carvinguitars.com

Features: I got this baby custom made just for me. Here are the specs. - Alder body - Maple neck - Ebony fingerboard, 24 frets - No inlays - Ferrari Red finish - Original Floyd Rose - Sperzel locking tuners - Black hardware - V-shaped headstock - Stock Carvin pickups - 1 volume knob, 1 tone knob w/ push/pull coil splitter, and 3 way switch - Came with a molded case I know it's pretty basic, but I only had a $1300 budget. Carvin has a ton of options for their custom guitars. You can get pretty much anything you can imagine, and they aren't insanely expensive. Check out their website for all their options. // 10

Sound: I mostly play hair metal (Van Halen, Poison, etc), and this guitar is absolutely perfect for that style. It's also great for thrash, if that's your thing. It's not really noisy, just a little buzz. You can get this guitar to do pretty much whatever you want it to do. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: When it came from the factory, the setup was perfect. It arrived in standard tuning, so I adjusted it to a half-step down, which is what my band normally uses. It didn't really have any flaws in it. The guys at Carvin did a hell of a job and I couldn't be happier. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is as solid as a rock, or at least it seems that way because I've had mine for over a year and there isn't a single knick on it. I do take pretty good care of it, too. The straplocks (I had Dunlop straplocks installed at Carvin's factory) are great, as you might know. I use this guitar and my Gibson Les Paul Jr. at gigs. My band plays a few Green Day type songs as well, so I use the Junior for those, as I think the Carvin is a little to over-the-top for that style. But it's great for what I play on it. // 10

Overall Impression: I was blown away when I opened the case for the first time. It took two months to get here, but it was totally worth it. If this guitar were stolen, I would definitely order another one... If I didn't find and kill who took this one. If you have the cash and want a b-tchin' guitar, check out Carvin. They also have basses, acoustics, and amps that you can custom order. Just for the record, you can't find Carvin's at Guitar Center. // 10

More Carvin reviews rating category latest review
+ DC800 9.6 Electric Guitars 08/28/2014