Price paid: $ 750
Purchased from: GuitarShop
Features: Made in 2011 in China I believe.
- 24 jumbo frets on a compound radius fingerboard.
- Laminated top with a really cool flame finish.
- Mahogany neck-thru, you get a really crunchy tone, very metal.
- It has the same shape as a Fender Jaguar.
- Charvel/Jackson bridge and stopbar, custom made to fit the compound radius neck.
- EMG 81 in the bridge, EMG 85 in the neck.
- 3 way selector and a volume knob, I think is much better, a simple guitar, really easy to use, very versatile.
- EMG'S 81/85
- Charvel high quality tuners, very good ones.
- Just a cable. I was a bit disappointed by this, I expected at least a manual or something, but no, I've got a cable. // 8
Sound: I play mostly metal, hard rock etc and it sounds just amazing, I was shocked when I heard the guitar for the first time, I played Jacksons, Gibsons and for this price I would prefer it in place of any other guitar in this price range, I am using it with a Orange Crush Pix 20LX, no noise at all, it's completely quiet. It's a very versatile guitar, If you put on a good tremolo like I did you will see that will stay in tune forever and the effects are just great, on overdrive it sounds really good, that specific metal tone like slayer or death. Very good sound, I am amazed by this relatively cheap guitar, it can do things that other guitar 500 $ more expensive can't. // 10
Action, Fit & Finish: When it arrived was in tune, very good set-up. The pickups are pretty good adjusted, but I saw better adjustment at other guitars. The guitar has a real flame top finish, not a veneer, I am really satisfied by the way it looks. The guitar came in 2 boxes, really well protected, with a really good setup, for this price I am really amazed by this guitar, I would use it on stage anytime. // 9
Reliability & Durability: Yes, I played on stage a few times with this guitar, no problems at all. Yes, the hardware is really good quality. Yes, the straps buttons are fitted with really long and thick screws, so I think the are solid. The finish is pretty nice, but it gets scratched pretty easy, so is better to keep it in a gig bag. // 9
Impression: I love this guitar, I play metal and hard rock, it sound great, it looked great, in this price range I think it has almost no competitors. I am playing for 1 year and I own a Gibson Les Paul Custom Blackbeauty, a Orange Crush Pix 20LDX, a Fender Frontman 15 G and now this amazing Charvel, I have it in trans red and it looks really cool, I'm really satisfied with this guitar. If would be stolen, I would go to buy another one.
I love the sound of it, the looked and the hardware quality, I don't like a single thing, it gets scratched pretty easily. I would compare it to a B.C. Rich Assassin which is more expensive and you get less for the price. Overall I really like this guitar, if you have 700-800 $ to spare on a guitar buy it, you will not regret it, I promise. // 9