MMP-3 Masterpiece Review

manufacturer: Cort date: 12/10/2010 category: Electric Guitars
Cort: MMP-3 Masterpiece
Mahogany body,Flamed maple top, Mahogany set in neck, Ebony fingerboard, Duncan SH-1 ('59), Duncan SH-4 ('JB), Gotoh SG301 tuners, TonePros TJBT bridge, T1Z tailpiece.
 9.6
 8.3
review (1) pictures (1) 15 comments vote for this gear:
MMP-3 Masterpiece Reviewed by: mrRICHARD911, on december 10, 2010

Features: Made in korea, don't know what year, Mahogany body, Flamed maple top, Mahogany set in neck, 24/75 neck. Ebony fingerboard, 22 frets, with very cool inlanes, Duncan SH-1 ('59), Duncan SH-4 ('JB), Gotoh SG301 tuners, TonePros TJBT bridge, T1Z tailpiece. Transparent Blue Cannon finish. // 9

Sound: I play mostly hard rock, blues, heavy metal. But I also play soft rock jazz. You could get any sound you want out of this baby. From rich, bright clean, to destruction, ripping your head of metal, from crunchy bluesy rich, to hard distorted rock.for live gigging, I use a Line 6 valve, at home a Stagg 10 watt practice amp. It even sounds good with the stagg. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Seriously, I didn't do any changes to it since I bought it. Great action, pickups, perfectly adjusted. No flaws, no mistakes nothing. Details such as the contour of the neck to applying the lightest finish, each piece is handcrafted to produce the most sophisticated overtones and harmonics by the finest luthiers. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Yes, it will withstand live playing, hardware looks in perfectly good shape. Strap buttons are solid, would gig with it without a backup.hit it a couple of times on the walls, slammed once on stage (by accident) and barely any scratches. Finish looks amazing, won't wear off. // 10

Overall Impression: As I said before, I mostly play, hard rock, blues, heavy metal. But also play other genres, and this guitar suits everything perfectly well. I've been playing for slightly over 15 years. Owned a couple of guitars (jacksons, corts, esps, fenders, gibsons...) sold them for economical reasons, and this guitar (along with a Gibson Explorer and Fender Strat stayed with me) if it were stolen I would commit suicide cause I wouldn't find another one (limited edition). What I love about it is it's amazing feeling and versatility. When I touch it I have this "a part of me" feeling, you know what I mean!?!?!? I LOVE THIS BABY \m/ // 10

More Cort reviews rating category latest review
+ Source 7.9 Electric Guitars 08/13/2014