X-6 Review

8.3
 7.1
reviews (13) pictures (5) 23 comments vote for this gear:
X-6 Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 22, 2005

Features: 2004 or 2005 model, made in Indonesia, alder body, jumbo frets, bolt-on maple neck. It is the shape of an RG/Strat with contoured body, has a floyd rose license double locking (double locking on newer models) tremelo, Mightymite pickups, 2 humbuckers 1 single coil, coil tap (changes 2 humbuckers into single coil circuitry). The features are great. With that many you would expect the guitar to be a peice of rubbish for the price. The truth is, it's not. // 10

Sound: I play lots of metal, such as Pantera, Mudvayne, Slipknot, System Of A Down and also play a little bit of punk and hardcore. This guitar is metal. If you play metal, this is your new best friend, it has lovely distortion, huge sustain and and harmonics extremely well. Although it is good for metal it is not bad on clean if you use the neck pickup or change the pickups to single coil its good. Plays punk very well too. I use a Behringer GMX210 and is great in this combination, but have tried it on a Line 6 Spyder and it rips so much harder. It doesn't give the slightest bit of noise and has minimal feedback even on high volumes. The variety of sound you can make with this guitar is amazing, its floyd is amazing coming from this guitar, it can hold out huge bends easily. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: They said they would get a proffesional to "set it up" for me. Okay well a bunch of blind monkeys with a blunt knife could set it up better than him. I got one of my friends who was quite familiar with tremelo systems to check it out and set it up for me, now it plays like a dream. Everything on the guitar was in perfect condition, nothing comes loose, nothing is poorly fitted and nothing is loose. The action is easily adjusted, just make sure you keep the bridge flush with the base while you do that. The tuning is extremely hard, the first time I did it, it took me just under an hour, but I'm getting better, you have to get used to it. It's annoying, you get it really well tuned and then lock it and it goes out of wack, you have to use the fine tuners for like 5 minutes and sometimes you have to retune and lock again. I found that you tune it a little higher than usual then just use the fine tune to tune it up or down, whichebver way it goes out of whack. So really if your not patient, please dont get this guitar, it will end up in peices on the floor. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Even though I have had this guitar only a few days my outlook so far would be that it is virtually unbreakable, even after the whammy session I had this afternoon with mates (and it was pretty tough for it) it's still in top shape. The strap buttons are solid and the wood is tough but light. I can't depend on it for a gig, I would have to use a backup, the only reason for that is that you can't change tunings in under 10 minutes no matter how good you are at it. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall this guitar is perfect for my style of music and I think any style really. I've been playing a year and I can honestly say its the best guitar I have played in its price range. Its quality compared to price is supreme, before buying this product I should have asked if they could just leave it and not set it up, becuase it was terrible. If it were lost or stolen I would definatly buy it again even if I had 5 grand because its a great guitar and I would still want it in my gear rack. It trem is its best feature, followed by its pickups, I compared it to the RG170DX, even though I haven't played it, I've heard about it and its componenets dont look too apitising, I could compare it to the 370DX and say that they are probably about the same quality but the X-6 is just so much cheaper, a better alternative, save you money, buy something extra like a pedal if you need it. Final verdict: equal quality of an Ibanez at half the cost. // 10

X-6 Reviewed by: aaron liposett, on october 17, 2005

Purchased from: Local Store

Features: The features on this guitar arent great they include volume and tone controls plus a 3-way selector. The pickups are just two humbuckers and it has non-locking tuners. I like the shape of the body, it's sort of Strat style with a bit of edge to it. There are 22 pretty big frets on it with not much space between strings as the neck is pretty thin so it can be tricky for stubby paws. It is finished well with sparkley red and hard lacquer paint on top. // 6

Sound: The type of music I play is punk and this guitar works well in that aspect although I think it is more metal, it has ok sustain and distortion isnt bad either although I think it lacks that rich deep sound of a les paul but, but not eveyone can get their hands on them. I am using this guitar on a 20watt Alesis Digital amp it sounds well when quite low but the quality fades on high volume. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar was in perfect condition when I got it (not a scratch), everything was done to perfection altough the pickups had a very slight bit of rust on them. Pickups were adjusted quite well although I've messed about with them since. Tuning pegs could have done with a tiny bit of tightning but thats not a problem you can do that yourself. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I don't think this guitar was made to be played on stage as it cannot handle high volume and afterall its only a starter guitar, but it would do for small pub gigs. The hardware is very sturdy and durable and is quite reliable and seems like it will last a while yet. // 6

Overall Impression: Overall I think this is a good start off guitar and is worth the money although I think I will go with a Gibson Les Paul next time. As I said before if your into metal, it's your man, but if your into punk get a Les Paul Copy or something. I've been playing about three years now and I also have an SG so the Cort has a lot to live up to but if your planning on getting this guitar I would wait until next as I heard they are making a newer version of this guitar. // 6

X-6 Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 22, 2006

Purchased from: Classic Guitars

Features: It was made in Indonesia and I think it's the 2004 model. Chrome Hardware. It has 24 Jumbo frets. Black finish. Strat style. FLoyd rose bridge. Volume and one pull-up tone. 2 humbuckers and a single-coil. grover tuners I think. Came with gig bag No charge. // 10

Sound: My music style is a metal rock kind of style so this guitar was almost perfect for that for me. I use a Fender 15B Frontman bass practice amp with a Danelectro Fab Metal pedal and a Jimi Hendrix Wah-pedal so it sounds pretty good distortion and clean wise. It can get pretty bad feed-back with the pedal because it was a cheap pedal. I can do alot of effect sounds on it including horse-whinny's, squeels, and a bunch of other whammy-bar effects, and it is really easy and awsome for things like that. It has a pretty narrow sound variety mostly for metal and hard-rock. Great for that kind of music and for the price. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: I had it set up so I can pull sharp and push flat with the whammy bar. Really hard to tune perfectly with the floyd rose. Took me 2-hours the first time because of the sharp and flat whammy. The pickups are in good condition and work fine. The only bad thing with the guitar wen I bought it was the back strap button screw was stripped but that was easy to replace. It was used when I bought it so great condition for a used guitar. I met the person who sold it to the guitar shop and he said that he babies his guitars and so far I believe him. No major malfunctions at all. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I am going to use this guitar at a live performance in the next month witha friend of mine on drums for a cool solo so I am damn sure that it would withstand a live performance only if you kept it in standard tuning. For drop tunings it wouldn't be though. The hardware seems like it will last and they have lasted for the time I've had it for about 2months now. I'd never depend on any guitar unless someone like Ed Roman made it, but since my other guitar is as basic as I t gets I'm going to have to depend on it as much as I can. And the finish is the black 2004 or 05 that's what year I think it is because it has chrome not pure black hardware and the finish has lasted unnoticably. That's how good it was in my opinion. // 9

Overall Impression: I play mostly metal music so again it's great for that. I've been playing electric for about a year and a half and bass for 3 years. I also one a Squier percusion bass (soon to be fretless possibly), a Samick Malibu with custom chain strap. Also a crappy Kawai acouostic. If it were stolen I probably woudn't buy another one. Probably a Epiphone maybe even Gibson SG. I hate the tuning issue but I love the fact that my floyd rose keeps it in tune for a long time. And my favourite feature is the pull sharp and push flat whammy bar. I compared this to an Ibanez with all of the same things on it then I saw this used for almost half the price of the Ibanez. I chose it because of the price and because it was just as good in my opinion. I wish it had strap locking buttons (soon to have). // 8

X-6 Reviewed by: Stratmanpaul, on january 23, 2007

Features: This is a 2005 model, made in Indonesia. 24 frets, Jumbo 2.9mms. The neck is the best I've ever played on, it's maple with a modern you shape and a bolt on. The neck is superb compared to anything else, it increased my speed a great amount as I'm used to playing on fatter necks. The body is basswood with a metallic blue satin finish, I was gonna get it in black, but they didn't have black til the end of March so I just said f--k it and went with blue, I'm glad though as it adds a bit more character. It's in the style of an Ibanez RG although the body contours are much more detailed which is cool. Floyd Rose trem. Volume, Tone (which is also the Coil tap control) 5-way selector. Config: H/S/H, 2 Mightymite Bluesbuckers, Mightymite single coil, though all can be switched to hummers or singles with the tap, so you really got 10 choices. // 10

Sound: I play mostly metal/hard rock with my band. This suits my style very much, this is excellent for Metallica/Pantera/anything metal, and as well as classic stuff like Zep, Sabbath, Deep Purple etc. I'm using a Randall RG100 with ValveDynamics which I only got last week (review on it soon) and well, put it this way, Dimebag would be proud of it. But believe me this guitar can play so much more styles, contrary to other reviews, I find that the clean is excellent on the neck humbucker with the coil pulled up to a single. I could go on all day about the amount of different tones, but you'd be better to do it yourself. I don't really use the middle pickup, but that's because I havn't got over the bridge or neck yet. Although I would consider changing these with some EMGs as there's a humm at high volumes when you take your hands of the strings/hardware which gets annoying, though I'd definatly keep this coil tap. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The shop set it up really well for me, the action is really low which I prefer. the top is totally level and the bridge is sitting where it should be. I have a lot more control over this guitar than I did with my old Strat, for drop tunings it's a bit questionable for me as this was my first Floyd/locking nut axe. But I'm figuring it out. Haven't broken a string yet but restringing a floyd rose guitar is meant to be pretty complicated. the only problem I have is there's a bit of buzz of the first few frets on the 6th string, but it's unoticable when your actually plugged in so I don't care as you can't even hear it on clean. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I will definatly gig this beast, in fact we've got a festival comin up in april and it shall certainly be my first choice guitar, though I'll have to string a week before that or any other major gigs as I wouldn't risk breaking a string. I'd always have a backup for this and any other guitar for that matter anyone Who says they don't need a backup is obviously a moron, but I'm really confident about giggin this. The hardware is real cool, it's black and seems really dense so it will last decades. Strap buttons are so solid that I would rely on them and a leather for a rock climbing journey as oppose to a rope, really strong holding. I don't know how long the finish will last as I don't know about that side of things, but it's seems pretty long-lasting. // 9

Overall Impression: I had a 1000 budget, I could have got an actual Ibanez RG, Strat, Gibson, Jackson, ESP etc, I tested a lot of them, I chose this. And I wouldn't go back on that, even if Kirk Hammett was willing to sell one of his own. Even if this guitar doesn't suit your genre, this make is excellent and I suggest you check out the other models. I've been playing for 5 and a half years, I own a Fender Strat as well as a 15W Fender amp, and now own a Randall RG100, I also own the Cort AC15 which is also very good. I would have liked to get the black X-6 still, but color doesn't matter too much. If it were stolen I'd firstly hunt down and kill the bastard who took it, or failing finding him, I'd definatly buy another. I love the Coil tap and body, but the thin maple neck and floyd are my favorite features. I give it a 9 because I would love for some EMGs. but when you're paying 300 for an guitar that's so well built and sounds so good, you don't look a gift horse in the mouth. // 9

X-6 Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 21, 2007

Purchased from: Lemca Instruments

Features: My guitar is deffinitely not from the newest batch, because mine has the Mightymite Humbuckers while the newer ones have Bluebuckers. However, I do know that this model is made in INdonesia and to be a bit more specific: somewhere on the Java island. The Cort X-6 has 24 Jumbo frets. The guitar is bolt-on construction with the body made of basswood and the neck mad of maple. It has a nice contoured body, I really like it. It has a double locking Floyd Rose tremolo bridge. It has two knobs (volume and tone which is also a coil tap switching the humbuckers into singles). It has H/S/H configuration and it has a 5-way switch. // 10

Sound: I play mostly metal (well actually almost the whole time except maybe 4-5 songs). I use a Roland cube 15X with it. This guitar I think is excellent if you want to play metal or rock. I play things like "Sweet Child O' Mine" of Guns N'Roses to things like Behemoth which for those Who do not know is a black/death metal band. And it always sounds good and fitting to what I want to play. Thanks to the 5-way Switch and the coil tap you can make a wide variety of sound. Just by fiddling with those controls and the equalizer on my amp I managed to get a blues sound, a jazz sound and many other. A strong 10 over here, because I think it's the best sound and variety of sound you can get for this price. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action is a bit to low, because the E string hits the frets if you're playing on it. I had no problems with the pickups or the bridge. However I did have quite a problem with the input jack. At first it wasn't holding to well and the screw fell off from time to time. Eventually when one day I screwed it back on and then plugged it to the amp I broke the two wires which were soldered onto the input jack. When I went back to the store they soldered it back on, but they had to send me to a guitar repair store, because now when connected to an amp the guitar buzzed like mad. Fortunately it was nothing serioues and the guy just changed the wire. However, it was annoying, but because I managed to get it fixed for free (warranty) and now the input jack doesn't move at all (it was changed) I won't lower the rating too much. // 6

Reliability & Durability: After I had the guitar fixed and especially the input jack in place I have to say that this guitar is able to withstand live playing. It seems that it can last, looks sturdy enough to me. I haven't been bashing it around so I can't really tell. I had no problems with the strap buttons, but some may be annoyed that one of them is on the bac of the guitar, I find it quite nice. I can depend on it, but if I haven't changed the input jack I'd be forced to bring a backup to a gig. // 8

Overall Impression: I think this is the perfect guitar for a beginning metal player. It's not to expensive, but offers great capabilities. If it were stolen I'd buy another one, since there's nothing better in this price range. I love the locking of the strings. Even though it means extra time when tuning it does keep it from losing tune even when playing around with the tremolo. When buying it I was comparing it to the Cort X-2 which is cheaper than this has a one way tremolo and doesn't have the single pickup and has worse humbuckers. The difference in price was not to big 50 euros I think. So I decided that the extra features on the X-6 are worth these extra 50. // 10

X-6 Reviewed by: DressedInDecay, on december 09, 2008

Purchased from: Notewothy Music

Features: Basswood body. 'U' shape 5 piece neck. Rosewood fingerboard. 24 jumbo frets. Mity Mite Bluebucker pickups and single coil. Floyd Rose style trem. 1 volume, 1 tone (with push-pull coil tap) and 5 way selector. Non locking tuners. The guitar came with a cable and a set of allan keys. // 8

Sound: When I bought this guitar I was in a death metal/technical band, and it suits it down to the ground. I played the x6 through a Roland Cube 60. The combination of the high output pickups and the basswood make for a very 'metal' sounding guitar. The guitar has 7 different pickup choices (5 way selector and coil tap) so is very versatile. Sometimes I played on the clean channel and the coil tap makes the guitar sound beautiful, but push that coil tap down, roll up the gain and you are playing a monster. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar wasn't even set up when I bought it so the shop did that on the day I bought it, but they set it up for E Standard whereas I play in D Standard with 0.52 strings. I will not lie; this guitar takes a while to change the strings and set up the trem. The neck had a chip in it which was filled with a clear resin, it did not affect the sound at all or the playability but shop didn't tell me about it. Everything else on the guitar was fine. // 7

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is built like a s##t brickhouse, it is also rather heavy as a result (but you do get some nice sustain). The whammy bar actually broke in a few weeks, the inside coils that hold it tight when screwed on fell apart. The guitar has nicely positioned strap buttons. I would definatly use it for a gig with no backup. The hardware seems pretty solid to be honest. // 7

Overall Impression: The guitar is an absolute stonker, if you have enough cash for this and not a real ibanex buy this. I bought this guitar when I had been playing for 2 years, by the time I sold this (I don't know why I sold it) I could play such technical metal as Necrophagist. I really felt myself progress and this is the perfect guitar to do so. I am going to buy it again soon, if anyone had stolen it I would buy another defiatly. // 9

X-6 Reviewed by: blueeleguitar, on december 16, 2008

Purchased from: Ebay

Features: My guitar was made in Indonesia in April 2002. It has 24 frets on a thin maple neck with a basswood body in super Strat style. The body is a solid top with a metallic grey finish. The bridge is licensed Floyd Rose. Passive unbranded pickups with one volume one tone (coil tapped) and a 5 way switch. Pickup set up is humbucker, single coil and humbucker. // 8

Sound: I play all styles and this guitar I use for my rock and heavier playing the guitar is easily good at these styles. It can just about pull off a clean blues sound but jazz it just sounds weak. Thin sound-chords are sometimes a little bit hit a miss. Having said that it produces a nice sound when tone is rolled off and played with distortion. The amp I use is a Laney HCM-65R. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: As I received this second handed I can't comment on factory settings. However, after giving it a proper set up I noticed some problems. One was that one of the screws connecting the input jack to the body was completely the wrong size, the pickup selector Switch fell off after I received it, the tremb arm was loose in socket and the tone knob was wobbly especially when out in 'tapped' position. // 5

Reliability & Durability: This guitar has withstood Live playing for about 4 years now, with back up, but now I have decided that I do need to upgrade it. Most of the hardware is still sturdy with exception of trem arm and coil tap. Strap buttons did give me a problem but after screwing them in a few times they have holded nicely and I have not had a problem since. The finish is still has good as the day I bought it, no noticeable scratches on it at all. // 7

Overall Impression: Overall impression is that this was a good choice as a second eletric guitar has I feel that for a hundred pounds that I have had good value for money and that the guitar has served me well. I bought this at a time when I was playing a lot of metal and it was a good match. If it had got stolen I would of bought another one if it had been roughly the same price. Would recommend this guitar to anyone Who wanted an guitar for an imtermidate player. // 7

X-6 Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 03, 2010

Purchased from: MG, Jakarta

Features: An electric guitar. LOL. Made in around 2004-2005. Indonesia-made. SN: 060541361. 24 frets, Thin natural-satin finish neck, Maple neck with Rosewood fingerboard. Laminated top. Body is Agathis (mine is the cheap version). Dark Blue, laminated. Superstrat model. Floyd Rose model tremolo bridge, with locking nuts. Mine rusts & even chips on the 6th and 5th string saddles. Passive Electronics. 1 volume knob, 1 tone knob (push-pull pot for coil-tapping). 5-way pickup selector. After 5 years my volume knob gets pretty rusty and loose. Gotta repair it someday. Jack position on the side of the body. On mine, the soldered parts gets separated after 2 years. Repaired, but will never be the same again, still gets loose sometimes, until now. H-S-H pickups, MightyMite Humbuckers. Rusty on the 6th string position due to sweatdrop from palm-muting. Just Standard modern black tuners, tuner position: descending, in a row (Strat style). Purchase including... the great Floyd Rose Tremolo handle. When I change strings for the first time, the tremolo springs are too weak, so I bought stronger ones. Now, to play it safe, I stick to Standard E-tuning with .009 D'Addario EXL120 strings. All in all, this baby fits the bill and is enough for me. // 8

Sound: About the sound... Actually I didn't expect much, but I've done all of my gigs with this baby, and... It's great. Really. My music style is based on rock. Though I've played lots of music -funk, jazz, groove, ethnic, freaky, "dangdut", desert, pop, reggae - my electric guitar playing root is still rock. Or maybe metal. Or prog. Ah, whatever you wanna call it. It's still music. When I first bought it I played Muse - now I play Dream Theater. Sometimes I loathe the bad sound quality on low tunings, but I can care less, because I play solos more often now. All the sweeping, shredding, tapping - those things went well with this guitar. I used it with a Dunlop Dime CryBaby Wah and Boss DS-1 Taiwan-made. Amp-wise, rented. (From the gig's sound system). The best amp to match all these in my experience is a Marshall JCM900 head-cabinet. Sounds pretty great, not too muddy, but not too bright. Tone-wise, nothing so significant, since Agathis ain't a tonewood, but all that matters for my young and untrained ears is that this thing distorts well, and noiseless on most occasions. Lately I've been trying to get Stratty clean sounds, and, though sounded quite thin, it can be achieved by coil-tapping or putting the pickup selector to pos. 2, 3, 4. Pretty cool, bright snappy tone. If I had a Memory Man I'd get gold. As for the humbuckers, they are solid and thick. The bridge is thick and sharp, good for palm muting and pinch-harmonics, though after 5 tough years it dulls a bit. The neck is pretty good, my favorite sound selection for shredding (it's a pretty good save/cheat when you suck at the moment). Blurs distorted chords but works well on clean, very bassy. I've been trying to get jazz-guitar sounds (I'm infected with George Benson and Pat Metheny since I was a fetus), by rolling down the tone knob and playing with the amp's EQ. Not very satisfying, but kinda cool. I really wish this thing comes with DiMarzio Liquifire or Breed, plus a MusicMan piezo pickup. And I wish this is a seven-string guitar. But it'll make the price fly, I guess. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: I was too much of a noob when I bought this, so I've kinda forgotten all of the factory settings. Over the years I've played with the Truss Rod, the pickup height, the bridge height, and now it is on the best setting - but worst hardware condition! With this weather in equator, the humidity and all, things rust pretty fast, especially when you didn't maintain it well since the beginning. My bad. - After 5 years this thing certainly needs re-fretting - I just haven't found out where. Oh, I scalloped this thing on fret 20-24. Makes it much more better for bends. - Dents and cracks? Not much, nothing significant. Pretty tough guy, if you don't accidentaly drop it or scratch it with a sandpaper. - Pickup selector is silent, but on some occasion it sounds when I change the pickup position. Maybe it's the voltage or something. - This thing has only electrified me 3 times in its life. - The bridge routing is not too deep. It prevents string breaks, I think. - The locking nut is pretty good. - And I've mentioned that the output jack is loose, and on mine, the soldered parts gets off. But you can always DIY or get to the nearest guitar store. - The Volume pot is not too loose, not too tight, perfect for my stuff. But on mine, it is now loose inside, so occasionally when I turn it too often the sound will be dead. Major danger in gigs. // 7

Reliability & Durability: Well it could have been my fault not to take care of this guitar seriously, but to be honest, I'm disappointed in this, especially for the hardware - the bridge, pots, jack, and fret. The neck bends a bit after years of playing, because of my whammy play. Strap buttons are unexpectedly strong. They are in fact rustless. I worry about my strap more. I'll use it on a gig without backup - I MUST! I have no other electric guitar. I don't care much about the finish since I put stickers on 'em. I'd like to have a natural-satin finish guitar myself anyway (remember Nuno Bettencourt's Washburn? ). I never fancied beautiful finishes. Or so I thought. // 6

Overall Impression: Hell, this is my first guitar, my whole playing starts here! All the skill, techniques, ideas, songs, even love for certain kinds of music. My first 5 years of shredding won't ever happen if I didn't buy this particular guitar. On the official site they say that the X series are made for speed. But the official prices are so high, $200-above. How did I stumble upon this cheap version? I have no idea. All that I know is that this guitar turned me from a strumming lad to a shredding maniac. If it were stolen I'd sulk - for I have lost my first ever electric guitar. But I'll save some money and try on several upper-class Cort X-series, like the X-TH or X-11. // 8

X-6 Reviewed by: Samarth Arora, on january 28, 2011

Purchased from: India

Sound: Choose your type of music & this darling delivers it. High gain, rich thick sound, Turn the tone to extremes to get alternate sharp n smooth tones suitable for blues to metal, everything included. To get that classic flutter sound, pull up the tone knob & there it is- neat & perfect. Used it with various small & big amps. The sound is never bad, only gets good n better. Used it for getting the Eric Clapton sound to slipknot to COB to Metallica to SOAD to Deep Purple... jst name it and it delivers. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Action : pretty well adjusted Pickups: Nicely fitted.Height Can be easily re-adjusted as per sound needed Finishing: No complaints til yet, been more than a year now Weight: Can give you cramps.Wont even think about pickin it up if I'm tired. The ONLY FLAW:: its weight is like 2-3 times more than a regular guitar Noise: Use any regular wire in a decent condition & it wont let you hear anything but the music. Noise level is quite low even with the high gain Whammy/Tremolo Bar: Screw type. Tends to swing freely, not that good. But the guitar remains very much within tune even after ruthless whammy abuse and thats really great. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Reliability & Durability totally upto the user & how you maintain it. I don't do anything special and its working pretty fine. But be sure to get a good solid strap if using this for live gigs coz its heavy as hell. Strap buttons pretty solid, no worries at all. Very little withering, mostly due to the pick rubbing against the pickup heads. Doesn't ask for a pampering treatment. Jst use it nicely and it delivers the most powerful sounds you can ever imagine. // 10

Overall Impression: I'v playd almost every kind of music with this almighty sound machine from jazz to classics to metal, and never been disappointed. I've had it for over 18 months and never did it force me to go for servicing issues. The only time I take it to them is to get the strings done. Man tuning it is one big issue! Keep it fixed or keep trying! Thats how it is. But once done, you can dig it like, forever and it will stay in tune. A Great instrument, its my first electric actully but I've played others as well. While buying it, I compared the sounds of all its counterparts. This one just nailed them in the face! Ibanez, ESP, n there were others. None really sounded as loud,thick and clear as this one did. Of course, I mean whatever lies in this budget only. All in all, this one's awesome for every reason. But always keep its weight in mind... owww my back hurts!! Overall rating 9... peace VxxV // 9

X-6 Reviewed by: k10, on july 20, 2011

Purchased from: Local music dealer

Features: I bought it last year. It was made in Indonesia. It has 24 jumbo frets, it's Basswood body, and it's bolt on. My guitar is in black finishing, it have Bluebucker pickup's and Floyd Double Locking-III. 5 way switcher. // 9

Sound: I play all kinds of music, so it's good for any kind, of music. From jazz, punk, funk, rock. I'm using it with aster amp, and guitar rig and amplitube virt amps, and effects. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: What to say, guitar is great, by my point of view. It has a great finishing, and you have a curved body, adjusted for playing. It's nice black color, with nice finishing. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This is quite tought to answer. My 5 way switcher it's humming. But that's my fault. Also some screws are a bit rusted. For this I'm guilty, not the manufacturer. // 8

Overall Impression: I play rock, all kinds of it. I'm been playing guitar for a 3 years now, if my guitar would be stolen, I will be sad. It's great piece of equipment. It's in the range with the Ibanez, just put the better pickup's and it will be great. Just better pickups. // 10

X-6 Reviewed by: darkdyaz2, on august 17, 2012

Purchased from: Muzica Store

Features: A wonderful black Cort X6. It was made in 2012 in Indonesia. It got 24 frets (Jumbo I think). It got you profile neck, very comfortable for me, and rosewood fingerboard. I wanted to buy the SM version of it but it was defective (one clamping screw on the bridge was broken). It's solid top, made of Basswood with a 5 stripe maple neck. It's a Superstrat type of guitar (more like Ibanez guitars) with a Cort Licenced Double Locking III bridge and locking nut. It got 3 Bluebucker pickups in H S H configuration, tone and volume with 5 way selector and Push/Pull pot on tone control for coil split. This guitar came with no other accessories but 3 allen wrenches. I give it a 9 because it really should come with a guitar cable, I mean... What if I am a beginner and have no cable? I need to buy a cable also. Luckily for me, I already had cables. // 9

Sound: I play alot of Joe Satriani and shred... Blues-rock style and, so far it suits me really well. The bridge pickup got a fat, bluesy sound, but it keeps the sound bright and crisp. I am using a Behringer GM108 Amp, X V-Amp and OD300 (clone of OS-2 from Boss). By now, I am building myself a custom overdrive pedal (I like to make it really tweakable so I'll put all kind of switches and trimpots on it). I've build a simpler version of it in the past and I really loved it... But that's a long storry. There is little to no noise even on a high gain setting. The sound is rich (maybe I could use a little more bass but I add the bass from the pedals so it's not actually an issue) and really bright. I can't tell that for the clean setting. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but the clean seems really dark, little treble. Maybe if I will use an eq pedal or treble booster I will fix this problem. It got a wide variety of tones, and a pretty HOT output but it cleans well when the volume is rolled down. The coil tap adds some brightness to the sound, but also it cuts down some volume. Let's give it an 8 because the clean issue. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The setup? I got no problem with it. The action is perfect, also is the intonation and whammy spring tension. It tuned so well and also stays in tune even with whammy using. The pickups were a bit high for my taste, I've lowered them a bit. There was no problem with the finish, hardware or electronics. I feel like the tone pot is a little too easy to turn, but it may be like this because it's a push/pull. 10 for this section. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Live playing? Definitely. It's rock solid and the hardware is strong and well tightened. I don't know how much will the bridge will last before the knife blade will get dull, but it seems that it will last for a long time. I somehow like the... Weird positioning of the horn strap button, it's behind the horn, not on it's tip. I don't do gigs that frequently, only had 3 in my guitar life and my gear had withstanded it easily. This guitar will resist for sure. I would always take my Aria STG-003 as a backup, not because this guitar would not resist, but only because a string may break and to change a string on a double locking trem is a bit difficult. The finish looks solid, but I would not mind if it wears, I always loved relics. 9, because, although the strap button behind the horn it's nice, it's a bit uncomfortable, I think I will change the position of it to the horn's tip. // 9

Overall Impression: As I said, I play alot of Joe Satriani style music and blues-rock and so far, I love the sound and the comfortable neck, how wonderful it is to shred on this neck it's like hovering over the string, I don't feel any pain at all in my thumb (on my Aria, 10 seconds of shredding were painful because the neck was pretty thick and C profile).It really fits my style and my hands. It feels like it was made for me and my hands. I've been playing for like... 1 year and a half and I have an Aria STG-003 Electric guitar, Behringer GM108, X V-Amp and OD300 (and upcoming DIY overdrive pedal), also a JB5 Microphone. All I need now it's inspiration. I looked very much over the Internet to find informations about it before buying it and they were all true. If it were stolen? I dare that awful person to steal it and I'll cut his limbs for doing that. I would definitely buy another one, or buy a higher price Ibanez if I had money. I love the sound and the neck. I won't say that I HATE the strap button, but I wished it was more... Normal. Favorite feature? Double Locking tremolo system, that's why I mainly bought it. I had to choose between an Aria MAC-45, a Dimavery FR-321 and this one. Now I wouldn't even think choosing the other ones. I wish it had... More switches but only because my mad love for tweaking every part of the sound. 9 for this. // 9

X-6 Reviewed by: Metalloy, on august 30, 2012

Purchased from: Instrument garage/Lebanon

Features: I bought this baby about 4 years ago, a little less, If I would've rate it back then I would've given it a 10 on every field. Now that I am a little more experienced, things have changed, but I will always love it. I believe it was made between 2006 and 2008, in Indonesia. 24 frets. You already know most of the features. Mine is Red Satin finish. Licensed floyd rose. Stock pickups (HSH). Over all for the price, this is really full of features, not top of the line for sure but everything is there so the features gets an 8 // 8

Sound: This is pretty versatile guitar, It can really play any style, especially for the added feature of a single coil tap. I play metal, rock, clean stuff, blues... Not an expert in any style if you really want to know but this can suite any style good enough (it will not nail or perfect a style, it is a good all a-rounder). I've used many years with a DigiTech RP150 and a Crate FW15. Recently things have changed, I got a small tube amp Vox Ac4t, and some pedals (JHv1, Boss Ge-7, Vox way...), and only now I can really appreciate the sound, because back when using the FW15, switching pickups or switching to single coil made little to no difference for me. Is it noisy? In general no, however the E and A string if played open can buzz easily, nothing you can't live without but it is there. The biggest plus of this guitar is the clean tones, just amazing, you need to hear it through a good amp, I actually like the clean tones on this one better then my Washburn Wi65 Pro which is equipped by Seymour Duncan (maybe I'm still not able to dial a good clean tone out of my Washburn but for now I like the X-6 better in clean). Note to be noted though, the harmonics when switched to bridge pickup are great, not really the case in neck and middle pickups. (Whereas my Washburn performs good in harmonics on all pickups). So overall I would give it a 8 (I will not take into consideration the buzzing sound in here). // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: This was setup by the shop of I am not mistaken and here is where the guitar is a little less impressive: as mentioned earlier, when played open, the E and A strings buzz, Not that annoying but you really don't want that. The volume knob was really stiff and needed oiling, nothing serious and now works flawlessly. The Floyd rose bridge, the reason why I bought this guitar in the first place, although a great performer when it comes to the range you can go between, a slide detune will occur, which is just enough to ruin the experience. The pickup selector, can easily collect dust to a point where it can actually mute your guitar unless you hit the switch or fiddle with it a little, but if you blow on it and clean it a little it will back to normal. When connected, If you fiddle the jack a little you can hear noise as if you turned on the amp but you didn't connected to the guitar, so I guess there's some faulty wiring in there. Enough of the bad things already there's some good points: the finish is great, it can get a hit easily, after 3 years of using and mistreatment from the family and the made, only 2 miniature finish pealed I can find (I'm talking about the glossy finish and not the color). The neck is just amazing, fast and comfortable, I just love it. So, although most of the problems in here are not that critical, things could've been a lot better. // 5

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will surely withstand live playing, I tis really built to stay. Everything is solid and this axe will live years and years to come for sure. I would definitely gig it without a backup. Finish is great. No complaints at all in this department. // 9

Overall Impression: This was my first electric guitar, and a great one to have. I love it. Has it flaws, but they grew into me, the only one that keeps annoying me is the slight detune that occurs if the floyd is used a little aggressively, but if played without using the floyd rose while being gentle to the floyd the tuning will stay forever. If it is stolen, I don't think I'm gonna buy another one, but I will surely defend this one as much as I can, It is my first electric, we've through a lot together, has a great sentimental value for me. I recommend this guitar to anyone looking for versatility and quality and want some floyd rose experience on the cheap, It is really one of the greatest investments I have ever done. The neck enough is a good reason to buy it. Hope you found this review helpful. // 8

X-6 Reviewed by: Joy :-), on november 20, 2012

Purchased from: Rhythm Scape, Guwahati, Assam, India

Features: Great ax for the price. It's an Indonesia, 2012. Its a 24 jumbo fret guitar and has Shark tooth inlay and a dedicated viper mark on the 12th fret. She's definitely got the killer look man. It's got a d shaped neck build for speed and a viper skin top. The double locking bridge (I guess its not floyd rose certified) stays in tune pretty well and has VIOLANT trem action. The passive pickups are nice for shredding, tapping and harmonics kinda stuff. I like the pull/ push tone knob, its great nice for dynamic playing. Oh. It's got HSH configuration. My previous Ibanez (which I sold to gather the money to buy this axe and which is one of the best decisions I made in my life) costed almost same but was a real crap in compare to this axe. // 9

Sound: Really a great guitar for punk, grunge and metal stuff. The Bluebucker pickups are extremely loud. I love the tone controller. Its almost as active as a wah pedal ya know. But my Ibanez had a better and sweeter tone to my ear. The (only drawback of this ax. I actually play alt. Rock and grunge stuff. This axe is a little dirtier for my genre. It throws ut a nice HOT and loud screaming sound for metal. The clean is tone is alright though with the single coil... I found it a little harsher. Nevermind. You could never get the Gilmour or Eric Johnson tone with this axe. Noise is not a thing of worry with this guitar. The bridge is pretty bright and excellent for searing leads. You can get the Slash "November Rain" tone, and Eric Clapton's "Sunshine Of Your Love" tone pretty well with the neck pickup. When you split the pickups, and use with middle pickups for clean, it will thow a pretty nasty tone. You'll never get the stratty kinda sweet tone. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: PERFECT. I loved the finish. It's a Cort boss! The fretboard is real butter. The intonation was perfect. Action was perfect and the bridge was perfectly at zero. The pickups were little high. So I lowered them a little bit. I wanted to lower it a bit more but the screw was short. You don't really get full access with the trem because the magnets are very very strong and they pull the strings down when you loosen them buy pressing the trem, producung a buzzing sound. I'll replace the pickup screws with longer one so that I can lower them a little more. The pickup selector is very smooth and does not produce any noise. Like I mentioned before don't worry about noise with a Cort. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Tis will definitely withstand live playing if and only if you don't break a string. I would not recommend to go on stage without a backup guitar only because of this cause. Because putting a string and retuning will take ages. So if you break a string on stage and have no backup, you better come back home and mourn. Nevermnd, its a common problem with all folyd rose styled guitar. The hardware is definitely tough. don't worry. But you likely to touch and the volume and the tone knob and turn them accidently when you're strumming. They are over smooth. Which I found really disgusting when I play live. Like I mentioned you can depend on the hardware. The double locking is built to stay in tune. But I would not recommend divebombs live. It Will last for ages, But a being a knife edge bridge, after 2 or 3 three years, I would not hope to get as good tremolo action a now. // 8

Overall Impression: I love playing nirvana and AC/DC kind of riffing and the pickups carry them out nicely with a warm, bright tone. If your playing a Strat or a Tele, you'll need to rearrange your pedalboard if you switch to this one. Let me give you an example. Use a SSS Strat with a with a DS1 distortion knob at 12 and use this with SD1 with the gain knob a little more than 12 o clock, you get much the same amount of distortion. I've been playing this ax for 3 months and am completely in love with her. I would definitely buy this one or an X11 (if I could arrange the money). I love everything but the clean tone about this ax. I am surprised the bridge is soooo good for this price. I played floyd rose before, but I bet this ones got the best bridge. Compared to my previous Ibanez GRG 170DX, and my friend's Ibanez RG I found this far better... I wish it had Duncan pickups... But I won't complaint about the Bluebuckers. // 9

More Cort reviews rating category latest review
+ Source 7.9 Electric Guitars 08/13/2014