X-6 SA Review

reviews (2) pictures (1) 11 comments vote for this gear:
X-6 SA Reviewed by: philipsoumakis, on march 31, 2011

Price paid: € 240

Purchased from: Pegasus

Features: It was made in korea on the 14th of May 2009. It has 24 jumbo frets on a 25,5 scale maple neck with a rosewood fretboard. It has a high gloss finish with a really cool assasinator graphic all over the top of the body and on the headstock. The body is made out of basswood wich give a nice thick sound and also keeping it light. The neck is a satin finish so its really fast because its also really thin. It is a Strat shaped guitar with some big cutaways all over the body like where the neck is it has big cutaway so you can reach up to the 24th fret with ease. The guitar has a Cort licenced double locking III Floyd Rose tremolo with Standard Floyd Rose locking nut with a retainer bar. It has passive Mighty Mite bluebuckers and a single coil pickup, the pickups give off a great sound and has a coil tap so you can slit the humbucker in to single cols and back again, has master tone and master volume knobs with a five way selector switch. So the configuration of the pickups are H S H. It has Cort Die-Cast tuners witch stay in tune pretty well. // 10

Sound: I mostly play heavy metal/death metal but also some latin rock and some classical music wich theguitar pulls off perfectly! I am using a Line 6 Micro Spyder amp with no pedals only the effects on the apm. It is really quiet on distortion when using the humbucker even with coil tap but will give you a tiny bit of noise with the single col pickup but when on clean it does not make any oise at all! Has full, rich and punchy tone when on the humbuckers but when on the single coil or the humbucker with coil tap it has a smooth, rich, full and and soft sound. It is really versatile becasue as I said before it can play anything from death metal to classical music. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was setup great in the factory with low action and almost no fret buzz. The pickups where just right and in the right place. The bridgewas set up right and routed perfectly. The only flaw that the guitar had was that the locking nut was a bit loose which ment I would make an annoying click every time I used the tremolo and make it go uout of tune, this was caused by one of the holes that holded the screws in place was a bit too big so what I did was put some miliput(putty epoxy)in the hole and screwed it all in place again, waited for it to dry and it worked fine after tightening it again. I will give it a 9 for the loose locking nut. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar I think will stand live playing since I play about 5 hours a day. The hardware seems and has lasted a long time without and trouble and the guitar strap buttons are super solid I haven't even had to tighten the even once. Last I think the finish is great it is a thick coating(at least I looks like it)and doesn't chip easely so it should be fine. // 10

Overall Impression: I play heavy metal/death metal but also some latin rock and some classical music and it plays those great. I have been playing for 4 years and this is my third guitar I also own a Yamaha Pacifica 012 and a Washburn Wi-14 guitars a Line 6 micro spyder amp a DigiTech Death Metal pedal, a klotz cable and a Planet Waves lock strap. If it was stolen from me I would probably buy something else a bit better because I doubt if I could find it anywhere else for the price I payed but if it was the same price I would definatlly buy it again. What I love about is th the cool graphics all over the body and the neck. I compared it to a Epiphone explore GT, a Gibson classic les paul, a Jackson rhoads JS32T, an ESP AX-50, an Epiphone explorer, a Stagg gothic v and a Dean dime razorback explosion I got this guitar because it felt the best lookedgreat and was one of the cheapest I tryied but didn't feel cheap. // 10

X-6 SA Reviewed by: philip.soumakis, on february 17, 2014

Price paid: € 240

Purchased from: Pegasus

Features: It was made in Korea on the 14th of May 2009. It has 24 jumbo frets on a 25, 5 scale maple neck with a rosewood fretboard. It has a high gloss finish with a assasinator graphic all over the top of the body and on the headstock. The body is made out of basswood which makes this guitar cheap but it still sounds fairly decent and isn't to heavy. The neck is bolt on but it does allow good access to the lower frets because of massive cut-outs. It has a licenced Floyd Rose bridge which is not too bad for a licenced version however after 4 years of owning it and heavy tremolo use the teeth have worn away a bit. It has a coil tap so the humbuckers can be split into single coils and the pickups are all passive and fairly decent at low gain but can get muddy at high gain. It has standard tuners with a retainer and locking nut at the top. // 8

Sound: On clean settings with a the coil tap on I believe this guitar truly outperforms many higher class guitars. However I mainly play various types of metal from classic to black metal and I would say that the guitar cannot handle the sound too well... It gets a bit muddy at high gain while soloing but the riffs are audible and have a aggressive sound to them. I am now using the guitar to play acoustic which i believe it handles better than the metal tunes. I have played it through a Marshall MG75, a Line 6 Spider 3 and a custom Vox set up. The amp does make a big difference on the sound as i noticed the line 6 made it sound muffled but the Marshall made it have more clarity. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar came with a high gloss finish with no noticeable flaws apart from the locking nut where the bolts that had been used were not thick enough and kept coming loose because when they were tightened they would just ruin the wood. I fixed this by putting epoxy clay in the holes and screwing it in again and only had to tighten it one since then. Also the coil tap button feels a bit flimsy but haven't had any problems with it in the 4 years i have been using it. The frets are set up very well will only a tiny bit of fret buzz on the top E string on the 1 til 4 fret. // 7

Reliability & Durability: So far nothing has went wrong with it and it has been used in a gig with no problems at all. The only bit of hardware i am cautious about is the Floyd Rose but it is still holding up however the arm of the tremolo comes loose very often and you need to tighten it with your hand all the time which gets pretty annoying after a while. The cable hatch is made out of metal and looks durable and so are the strap clips haven't had any problem with them so far. The wood although it is cheap it isn't as bad as you think as it is high quality crap wood so it is fairly decent for the price. // 9

Overall Impression: Generally for the music I play it is fitting but don't expect too much. The fretboard is very nice and comfortable to play with and the neck is considerably slimmer than my Fender Strat so bear that in mind that it might not suit somebody used to wider necks. The build quality has been ok if you exclude the locking nut problem. Overall I think it is totally a good value for money guitar and would recommend it to people who are thinking of buying their first or second guitar who maybe dont play to a high level yet and aren't sure if they can see themselves sticking to it in the future. I still enjoy to play it till this day and hope you all do to. // 8

More Cort reviews rating category latest review
+ VX-4V 9 Electric Guitars 07/25/2014