X-TH Review

9.9
 8.5
reviews (2) 13 comments vote for this gear:
X-TH Reviewed by: ShredGuitar9, on april 16, 2007

Features: 24 jumbo frets, neck-thru body, maple and walnut neck, mahogany body, open pore black, Floyd Rose Double Locking II tremelo, active pickups, 1 volume control, 1 tone control, 5-way switch, 1 EMG 85 neck pickup, 1 EMG 81 bridge pickup, locking neck. I got it for $1200 with a Hard Case and they also installed my straplocks because I know the people Who own the shop. Also came with a wall stand and. // 10

Sound: This guitar I great for the music I play. I mainly play solos so this is a great guitar for me. The sound is great. It ranges from a very dirty sound, to a smooth clean sound. I run it through just a Kustom practice amp, but it still sounds great. It sounds great when soloing. My old guitar was holding me back, but when I got this guitar, I haven't looked back. It has a large variety of sounds. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar is very easy to use and has an extremely thin neck. It was set up well at the factory, and the pickups were well adjusted. The only problem with it that a had was that the whammy bar fell off after about a week. But that was only because the nut wasn; t fully tightened inside the body. They fixed it and I got it back two days later, free of charge. Apart from that, nothing has gone wrong with the guitar. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I play guitar for around 6-8 hours a day and it hasn't let me down so far. I have only played it a few times Live and it sounded great. I would definetely rely on it in a gig. It is very durable. As I said, they changed my strap buttons to straplocks. The guitar seems like it would last a while. It already has lasted a while. The finih is very good. I play it allot and it still looks Brand New. Would recomend to anyone. // 10

Overall Impression: I play solos and other heavy music (Avenged Sevenfolds, Atreyu, Metallica) and it fits perfectly. I've been playing for about 4 years. I own a small Kustom amp, and although it doeasnt go very loud, it still sounds great. If it was stolen I would definetely buy another one. The neck is extremely thin. I am ably to reach halfway between both pickup with my fretting hand. I was originally going to get the Kirk Hammet LTD (can't remember what it was called, it was worth about $1800) I went to River Music and they showed me a picture of the X-TH. I didn't like the picture of it, but when I got it in my hands, I fell in love. It is the perfect guitar. Don't be turned off by its looks. // 10

X-TH Reviewed by: AtillaTR, on may 11, 2011

Features: - Made in 2007, Korea - 24 jumbo frets, Ibanez like neck. It's a 5 piece maple and bubinga reinforced rock solid, awesome neck. - Mahogany body - Got an excellent NITRO-CELLULOSE finish that is not sticky but very fast and got a nice feel to it. - Super start shape with sharp horns - Cort's own Floyd Rose Bridge that is not bad at staying in tune - EMG 81/85 set - 1 tone, 1 volume pot and 3 way selector - Non locker tuners that for some reason look and feel cheap. But do the job OK // 9

Sound: I play ONLY heavy metal, no clean sh-t at all and It suits my style very well. I am using it through Line 6 POD X3 Live and sounds like testament! Nope, not noisy at all. The guitar has good sustain I like it. I can't really comment much about the sound cause like I said I only play distorted metal and to me it just sounds really really professional. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I got it second hand so I can't say anything about its set-up in the first place. This guitar got absolutely no flaws in terms of paint, Bridge and whatnot. I live the Ultra stable, strong and durable REAL 5 PIECE (unlike Ibanez) neck. It probably survive a napalm bomb. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Using for 4 years now got no problem at all. I havent even needed to adjust the truss rod once you do the math..In the past I have owned Jacksons, ESPs and played Ibanezes I can easily tell you that it is the best guitar I have ever played on. This guitar worths its price even just for its awesome neck and its Killer look. // 10

Overall Impression: I wish it had a better tuning pegs and I wish it was a strign thru guitar cause I really don't like floating bridges, therefore I fixed the brdige it makes it a hell lot of easier to tune it. If it were stolen, lost I'd run for another one for sure. I simple love it, can't feel OK if I don't paly it at least like 5 mins. For your info, Cort guitars makes 50 or 60% or the guitars in the world. They work for ESP, BC Rich, Ibanez, Schecter and a heck lot of other guitar firms. // 10

More Cort reviews rating category latest review
+ Source 8.5 Electric Guitars 11/10/2014