Cruiser CJR600 Review

7.8
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
Cruiser CJR600 Reviewed by: 6_Feet_Below, on march 17, 2008

Purchased from: Frets Guitar Shop & Repairs

Features: Solid Hardwood body with arched top & tiger maple face, bolt-on neck, rosewood fingerboard, vintage tremolo, H/S/H pickup configuration. // 9

Sound: I play mosstly metal, hard rock, punk, and classic rock. You can get a pretty good metal sound out of it with the right effects. It's great for punk and classic rock. I run it through a Line 6 Spider III and it sounds great! The humbucker-single-humbecker give it plenty of sustain and more variety than you'd expect from a guitar like this. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: It was in great condition when I bought it. I had to lower the action a little but that was about the only problem I had with it. The finish is awesome! It's not the usual transparent or metallic finishes you find on many guitars. I love the shape of it and the arch top design really helps keep the controls out of the way. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I've only had this guitar for about a year but it's withstood pretty much everything I've put it through. I don't really thrash it or anything but it's not always treated great. The finish still looks brand new, like it's hardly been played although once again, I've only had it for a year. I would probably bring a backup guitar just in case, but that's my opinion. I would bring a backup to any gig, no matter what I used. // 9

Overall Impression: Like I said, it suites my style fairly well, although sometimes I find myself needing more than just 22 frets. I've been playing for about 3 and a half years, so I'm pretty good, but I can do without all the extra stuff on other guitars. That's really the only major problem. I love the feel of it. It fits perfectly in my hands and lap, and the action is great. I haven't bought a better guitar simply because this one is pretty much good enough. that and whenever I need more shred I just use my Jackson. If this guitar was ever stolen, I would buy a new one in a heartbeat. It's an excellant value for only $300. // 9

More Crafter reviews rating category latest review
+ Cruiser CJ400 8.2 Electric Guitars 02/22/2012