Cruiser ST100 Review

manufacturer: Crafter date: 09/24/2007 category: Electric Guitars
Crafter: Cruiser ST100
22 frets, 3 single coil pickups, 1 volume control and 2 tone controls, 5-way selector.
 Reliability & Durability: 5.6
 Action, Fit & Finish: 7.4
 Features: 6.3
 6.6
 6.4
 6.7
reviews (5) 23 comments vote for this gear:
Cruiser ST100 Reviewed by: Crash91, on june 26, 2006

Features: - Made in China - 22 frets - 3 single coil pickups - 1 volume control and 2 tone controls - 5-way selector - Included accessories are a 10 watt amp, a gig bag, a cable, a strap, a pitch pipe, a whammy bar, a tuition book and three different size plectrums. // 8

Sound: This was my first electric guitar, and it's only a beginner's guitar although it's full sized. It's sounds great through the amp, and without the amp, you can play acoustic songs perfectly. However, when you turn up the distortion, you get a lot of feedback. Also, the E string twangs a lot, but the other strings are alright. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: If you carefully look at the back of the guitar, it looks like that the factory hasn't put the plastic on properly. The whammy bar doesn't work and the tuition doesn't tell you how to fix it. Apart from that, it's great. // 6

Reliability & Durability: I reckon this guitar will withstand live playing although I have owned this guitar for a week now. The strap buttons are solid. I will definitely use it for a gig sometime. The finish is good enough to last. // 9

Overall Impression: The style of music I play is rock, and it is a good match. I've had this guitar for only a week, but I've been playing both the electric guitar and bass guitar for two years. I chose this guitar, because it was cheap and I only wanted one just to jam along with it and have great fun with it. I did compare this guitar with other guitars, but there wasn't much difference. What I love about this guitar was that it was cheap and, for my first electric guitar, it was enjoyable to play with. What I didn't like about this guitar was that the finish didn't look that good. If this guitar got stolen/lost, I would buy a more expensive and better guitar. To end this review, the Cruiser ST100 is a great beginners guitar. // 9

Cruiser ST100 Reviewed by: Arman64, on september 22, 2006

Purchased from: Target

Sound: This was my first guitar which I ever bought and I've had it for years now. It suits basically any genre but it was made for rock and clean music. It suits metal very well and I can get some good tone with it when you change the strings to 10 gauge. I'm using this with a Behringer LX-112 digital modelling amp and I can practically any tone I want with it. The sound can be very bright with the bridge pickup and there is a hell of a lot of feedback when the gain is max but that's usual for single coils. Great guitar for the beginner! // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Factory set-up was fine but I changed it my setting as soon as I got it. Gets rusty pretty quickly and the tremolo sucks very badly but it really doesn't matter for this guitar. Everything else was fine, maybe just chage the action and intonation. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is not made for live and should not be used for live. I use my ESP for that and this guitar gets out of tune incredibly fast so don't bother with the tremolo. The guitar is made to last but it wont last forever. The finish I fantastic, it's been through hell and it's still rock solid. // 5

Overall Impression: I play metal and this guitar does the job well, it's very surprising. I've been playing for years and own many other guitars but this was my first. If this guitar was stolen I wouldent buy another one 'cause it's only a beginner guitar. Really good value for money guitar and it's probably even better that the Squiers. // 10

Cruiser ST100 Reviewed by: fredzeskater, on september 24, 2007

Features: I think the guitar was made in Japan, it has 22 frets. Plywood, I didn't know much about guitars when I got it, nor still do I now, but I know it doesnt't have any locking system, it's just a plain, easy, cheap, first guitar. It came with a bag case which sucks because it's no protection at all. But it came with a really cool strap which I pinned 100s of band badges to. It's got 3 knobs: volume, tone and another tone, the last tone doesn't do anything. // 7

Sound: Well, when I 1st bought this guitar, I was sort of a punk rock fan, so it was ideal, then my music genre got heavier, as it usually does. I started listening to Metallica, and Iron Maiden. And they both use these shape guitars. So it was awesome, but later I started listening to stuff like Atreyu, Trivium, more metal sort of music, which lead me to buy my Epiphone Les Paul Special 2. With double humbuckers so I could really play some heavy shit. The noise it made was pretty weak though, it didn't compare to my newer one obviously, it had a twinney sound, which was good for writing songs and just jamming. But not in a band or when your actually playing in a concert. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: All I had to do was plug it in and it was really to rock! My street's Christmas day was dominated by noise pollution from my guitar. It was probably the best present I'd ever got! There was nothing wrong with it, but over the years, things got broken, etc. But nothing I wasn't expecting, it wasn't as if I'd spent my life savings on it // 10

Reliability & Durability: Well, I had two major problems with this guitar, other than them, it was perfect! It came with a whammy, which was so cool! It bent the tune so well, but for some reason one day, I was possessed, hell knows what by, but I think it was the Dragonforce video for "Though fire and flames", where he lifts up his guitar vertically via the whammy, I did this, and off snapped the whammy. It was unfixable and I just gave up trying to get half the whammy bar out of the inside of my guitar, it's still in there. Also, you might know, with some guitars, the lead comes out at an angle and well, remember the strap I got with it? well it broke, and the guitar fell to the ground and smashed all the insides of my guitar input. that's why you should always buy a strap lock. Anyways, the earth wire was broken, another wire had been ripped, and something had been crushed! haha, so I fixed it with my neighbour's trusty soldering iron, which would apparently "do the trick", but guess what? It didn't. All it did was distort the sound and leave a constant really loud buzzing sound, over powering the actually sound I was playing. So now I just play with it unplugged. What can I expect, it was only 80. Also, the strap holder eventually got pulled out, from where I was putting so much pressure onto it, but I managed to glue and screw it back. // 5

Overall Impression: 5 years ago, for christmas I recieved this guitar with a small rocket 10 amp. I was so pleased with it, it was my first electric guitar! I thought it was excellent, I knew it was cheap, but it was only a starting guitar, and I also knew that if I progressed, maybe got in a band, or half decent. Then I could consider getting a new one. For 4 years, I played this guitar, I learnt everything I know today thanks to it. This guitar means the world to me, if someone broke into my house and tried to steal it, 100% I would kill them with no mercy. I hold this guitar sacred to me as I have had a pretty hard time these last 3/4 years, and it's always been there to play. Whenever I'm down or pissed off, I can just go and play it for hours, sometimes until my fingers bleed! I would recommend this guitar to anyone who is interested in buying a first guitar for their son/daughter, or themselves even. But if you already have a guitar, buying this would only be going backwards. I stuck loads of stickers on it, like Billie joe armstrong from Green Day's one, because I was a fan when I recieved this. I also carved my name into the back and painted "aces high" on the back with my warhammer paints lol. I love my guitar, I don't care if people tell me how crap it is, or that I should get something better, this guitar has served me so well over the 6 amazing years I've owned it! // 8

Cruiser ST100 Reviewed by: st-jenno, on january 04, 2007

Purchased from: Argos

Features: I am unsure of the date the Cruiser Stratocaster was released, however I do know it is from Tokyo (the masters of technology). There are 22 frets clearly marked on and to the side of the frets. The frets get wider the closer the neck is to the body, which is not a very good feature. The fretboard materical is very smooth so would be perfect for Guitarists Who like to slide in their performance a lot. The body style is the Strat design used by famous guitairsts such as John Frusciante of the Red Hot Chili Peppers.The bridge has a String Thru body which is perfect for ametuer players as the string only has to be wound by the tuning pegs. On the Scratch-Board there are 2 Tone Controls and 1 Volume Control, however the markings are hard to understand and it's only easy to set them to 0 and 10. There are 3 pickips which work very well and produce a great sound which puts out no interferance. Included with this package was a gig bag which seperately would cost upto 10, a 10 watt Amplifier worth approximately 40. A 3 metre lead which retails at about 5 and a pitch pipe were also included aswell as the whammy bar and necessary tools for maintenance. // 8

Sound: The amp has a good metal/punk/rock sound to it with a very effective gain. However though the amp can pick up higher notes more than the ones you want it to. The guitar can't really make a variety of sounds. I play Punky music so it suitas my style as it can put up with heavy play. I use it with the treble, bass and gain settings. // 5

Action, Fit & Finish: The action of the guitar was perfect the set up and finish was complete and perfect ready to play instantly. The pickups and Bridge were properly mounted and fastened. The Guitar was perfect there were no flaws or problems controls were tightly fitted and the tuning pegs hold the strings firmly. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will survive live playing and I believe that the hardware will last. I unscrewed the strap buttons a couple of times and after they kept falling out, so I had to put in a larger screw. I would use this at a gig without backing in a way (I would have another guitar but in different tuning e.g. half step). // 8

Overall Impression: I play Green Day but I have started to learn stuff like Guns N' Roses which because of the frets is hard to play the solos.If it was stolen I would buy something else as it was only a beginner guitar. Because of the Music I am now learning I am getting an Epiphone Les Paul Standard Translucent Amber (very nice). I wish it had humbuckers not the Standard pickups and I wish the string had a better life but that's not Crafer's fault. // 7

Cruiser ST100 Reviewed by: Moratorium, on january 15, 2007

Features: Firstly, lets get 1 thing straight. I don't own this guitar. I used a "friends" 1. May I just say. This guitar is the pure essence of shite. Please tell me what any 1 sees in this guitar. it's feature are numerous. Well it has strings. And, erm, they're really really good strings. It has a body and a neck and, ok it doesn't have many features but it is a cheap guitar maybe it will save itself with the other features. // 2

Sound: I play dischorded hardcore and metal. I need a guitar with a mean yet crunchy guitar sound, something that feels full yet it doesnt't reduce the clearness of the high notes. I need a low action for of the alternate and sweep picking. Basically a guitar that rips you to shreds. This guitar fills only one of these qualities. It has a mean sound. But not in the good way. I need mean sound like it's going to come up to you and physically beat you. This is mean in the sense that it sounds like it's being played inside a tin of beans. So not that mean basically. Seriously poor quality playing. // 1

Action, Fit & Finish: To be totally honest they could send it to you broken in two, without pickups and covered in tar and it would still sound better than it does fully set up. As for any flaws? Well basically the guitar. Please don't go into a shop and pay for this crap. Even if it set up by the gretest of guitar techs it wont sound good. // 2

Reliability & Durability: This guitar couldn't withstand a beating from a plastic carrier bag never mind live playing. Serously, one bottle flies out from the audience ad hits it the guitar will physically explode in a hail of fire and shrapnell, leaving you bloodied and pulpy on the floor. It's about as sturdy as a pipe cleaner. I have had pencils that could withstand more than this absolute insult to guitars. // 1

Overall Impression: As I've said I need my guitars strong, fast and good looking. My Jackson JS30RR is a sleek, beautiful and intelligent woman, the kind of woman you look at in the street and you get a boner. This guitar is a podgy, spotty and somewhat vulgar excuse for a woman, the kind of woman you look at in the street and become permanently flaccid. this kind of shoddy two bit guitar is the pure epitamy of ultimate shite. I cannot stress this enough, for this price you could buy a decent guitar like the westfeild SG copy. That was my first guitar and it must be said it was excellent. Find an alternative because if you buy this guitar you will find urself waking up every night in a cold sweat, looking over at the guitar and thinking "what the hell was I thinking". Avoid at all costs. // 1

More Crafter reviews rating category latest review
+ Cruiser CJ400 8.2 Electric Guitars 02/22/2012